• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Pennywise

He looked decent. He looked fast and he crossed the ball a few times.

Considering Dortmund played like garbage today and was pretty lucky to win, he left his mark and is certainly an option for more time on the pitch.
Especially if Reus continues to be ill.
I really like what I saw from him and I hope he continues at this level, as we need him in this form.

In other news for you US lads, Brooks extended his contract at Berlin until 2019.
There were rumors for other clubs like Wolfsburg or Schalke or even the PL, but this would have been too fast.
Another 1-2 seasons in Berlin will be good for him.

Askani

Grant Whal tweeted that it's rumored SKC got 3 million for Nemeth, which the team gets 2/3rds of, and a sell on clause.

ZZMitch

Today's starting XI for #USAvISL: Robles; Evans, Orozco, Besler, Acosta; Bradley (c), Jones, Finlay, Nguyen; Zardes, Altidore

edit: beaten :p

Robles!
smileys-cheerleading-151859.gif

Cystm

Some thoughts from the match today.

• That was an unfortunate deflection for Robles on that first goal against.
  • Our defense continues to be an issue.
  • Maybe Skinny Jozy will be better this year? Excellent finish from an excellent dish from MB.
  • That was a January Friendly alright.

ZZMitch

Iceland's B-team narrowly losing to US B-team

jbhmmm.png

Iceland is a not a bad team, even their "B-team" is good. Remember this is the team that beat Netherlands home-away to qualify for Euros... and its not like the drop in quality is massive between their starting XI and this squad.

Also, the game wasn't as close as it looked:

CaFaFiBWAAArRMS.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Iceland is a not a bad team, even their "B-team" is good. Remember this is the team that beat Netherlands home-away to qualify for Euros... and its not like the drop in quality is massive between their starting XI and this squad.

CaFaFiBWAAArRMS.jpg

If it hadn't been for our shitty defense, again, we'd have crushed them. We really need to get that backline sorted already.

Strax

Weeeeeeeell

They had 5 players playing their first international game, 4 players in the squad aren't even professional soccer players and 1 of them doesn't even play in the top league in Iceland.

When I think about its more like Icelands C-D team.

Also expected goals is the most insane stat I've ever seen.

ZZMitch

Crazy how everything unravelled for Jermaine Jones and New England.

Are you happy with this replacement?

Well this guy is a low-level DP, there is no way he is making as much as JJ did or anything that. I think JJ is probably a better player but Xavier is much younger, so who knows? I won't judge too hard till he gets here in the summer. He's pretty unknown.

ZZMitch

Colorado just signed an Albanian international who got golden boot in the Swiss Super League the last two seasons. All the more amazing because their off season had been worse then their last real season before this.

Crazy how everything unravelled for Jermaine Jones and New England.

Are you happy with this replacement?
Sad to see things between us and Jones go like this but I'm happy with this. He's young, fits a need, and seems incredibly fast. Don't really have any clue how it will pan out but I'm hoping for the best.

Cystm

Red Bull vs Impact livestream, in case anyone cares

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqSapc46jd4

I am checking it out. No Miazga in sight is kinda sad.

Ciman is taking people out tho hahaha.

Edit: Kenny Cooper catching an assist on a trash goal for NY and the stream noped out and crashed.

Edit2: It's back and Kljestan immediately scored again 4 - 0 NYRB.

nV0XTes.png

This is a preseason scrim and I am sadly hype on it. Season needs to start already!

:lol I need to close this damn stream.

Meier

Sad end to his career, but at least he's such a relentlessly positive guy that he'll find his way and will likely stay involved in the sport in some fashion.

I think he transitioned quite well to serving as an analyst. I saw JK mention he had come out and done some training with them recently and looked good but then had to take a step back due to pain. I'm sure that was the moment he knew it was just never going to happen again. A huge shame.

Mully

I am checking it out. No Miazga in sight is kinda sad.

Ciman is taking people out tho hahaha.

Edit: Kenny Cooper catching an assist on a trash goal for NY and the stream noped out and crashed.

Edit2: It's back and Kljestan immediately scored again 4 - 0 NYRB.

nV0XTes.png

This is a preseason scrim and I am sadly hype on it. Season needs to start already!

:lol I need to close this damn stream.

Veron has looked really good this week.

Top Bottom