• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 3 | Where release dates are made up and preorders don't matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Def Jukie

I was able to acquire another extra Sheik today that I am looking to trade if anyone is interested. I also still have an extra Toon Link, though it seems he's not too hard to find. Waiting on a response from another gaffer that I will be trading Sheik for Pit but I'm still looking for Rosalina, Little Mac, DDD, Marth, Ike, Mega Man or Meta Knight. PM if you want to do a trade, preferably in the US.

Maitiú

Having never ordered from gohastings before, I'm a bit worried that I haven't received a follow-up email to my Sheik order from Saturday. They emailed once to confirm the order, but nothing else since then.

I ordered Diddy and Mac from them in December. Diddy was delivered, Mac was not. I didn't hear anything until I got a shipping notification for Diddy and a cancellation notification for Mac. Poor communication.

ForteanMan, has money left your account yet? I ordered a Toon Link and Sheik, and they've only taken money for the price of one. Both were on their site up for preorders up until today, their release day. Now they are both removed entirely. I've had no emails of any status.

Crayolan

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/562679422067961856 hey nintendo is doing a survey and a few questions ask about amiibos so maybe do what i did and tell them to get production up and get their head in the game!

Who's your favorite Nintendo character?

Kumatora

Why?

Because she's the best character in Mother 3.

What do you do after a Nintendo game victory?

Lement the fact that NoA still has yet to localize Mother 3 in any form 9 years later.

Dominator

You better not tempt me to collect those with all this fantastic and love talk! My wallet is so empty as it is!
Apologies if anyone hates Infinity but just want to show you my set. Love these figures and I think they are worth collecting. Skylanders isn't my thing but I know all of these characters (like Amiibo) so they mean more than just having a figure of a created dude like from Skylanders.

B0CC44D6-910B-4B98-9652-7F4DF6760F29_zpsvkdaka7m.jpg

C6BA5544-2D26-4960-BE47-B6506F9F4DE0_zpsafoz7amq.jpg

637C2AA5-869F-4546-B5D2-0CB8EFE3AB89_zpso84tjalm.jpg

464F1112-156F-4E08-B850-36365382E92E_zpslkf6iuxo.jpg

1C24F808-F2DA-4AFB-8940-1D5CE57D2731_zpsyshwzfaw.jpg

CC2442CC-36EE-4CD6-93A5-2974606CF0D0_zpsgkbrlznj.jpg

998E04FC-1010-4ED7-84B5-36576BAE5E37_zpsptoxeddl.jpg

34D2032C-56CC-4433-8554-4430AA1D1629_zpsijpqpoex.jpg

4F965BD7-6903-4225-9199-445A52D90452_zpsdwmq4mv8.jpg

29A6422E-1009-49A4-B106-9A68AAFE541F_zpshvsufsp7.jpg

6D1D086C-0E66-4C7F-86C4-EBC118D5A4D0_zpsou5acwp8.jpg

Yeah, but does it mean the rest of them are cancelled and not coming?

No, the first line in that post was a joke and got you rattled. Everything is fine and this is just what commonly happens when you order "ship to store" at Gamestop. When the item is preparing to go to the store, the online order closes and transfers to the store itself. If you go into the store, they'll be able to find your order open and ready to go.

The confusion comes from the fact that if you order two items in one order, it will switch to close as soon as just one of them is ready to ship, even when the other one isn't ready yet. Still, those preorders will still be set in your store of choice, so you shouldn't be too concerned.

Still, everyone keeps suggesting that you should go into your store and pay off the pre-orders so they have no excuses when your item comes in

nikos

Just went to Gamestop to pay off my "Closed" site to store order for two King Dededes. Guy working said I was a "smart man" for paying it off. Wonder if they would have sold them to someone else. I asked when they would be available, and he said he thinks they were pushed to March but has no clue when the release date is. The guy I spoke to yesterday said they were in transit.

I have a feeling I won't be getting these Amiibo.

Mononoke

Banned
Esmith I got the perfect Toon Link avatar im making for you.

How is everyone doing today? I myself am kind of having one of my lows. Just the whole PTSD stuff im dealing with from my Cancer. Tough stuff. But I'm still doing fine. :)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
LUCARIO SHIPPED FINALLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Got survey to work too. I complained about the Hyrule Warriors LE, how much I paid for it, with a "thanks Nintendo. Wish i could've preordered it like the rest of the world. Not all of us live in NYC".

Here's my Miibo write up:
"Where to begin. Scalpers are picking everything up due to low stocks and jacking prices up on ebay, retailers only now starting to limit purchases. Im very disappointed in the distribution and making collecting them a chore and not fun. No strict release dates, no one knows when they come in. Add to the fact that Nintendo of America has been the WORST globally allowing for these exclusive disasters, when Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan get their atocks just fine, not having issues this bad. It's been a terrible mess and the low stock is making people anxious and scalpers buy them all up, leaving us fans with slim pickings... I love the figures but PLEASE fix this mess. We've been waiting to preorder Wave 4 for almost a month now."

No, the first line in that post was a joke and got you rattled. Everything is fine and this is just what commonly happens when you order "ship to store" at Gamestop. When the item is preparing to go to the store, the online order closes and transfers to the store itself. If you go into the store, they'll be able to find your order open and ready to go.

The confusion comes from the fact that if you order two items in one order, it will switch to close as soon as just one of them is ready to ship, even when the other one isn't ready yet. Still, those preorders will still be set in your store of choice, so you shouldn't be too concerned.

Still, everyone keeps suggesting that you should go into your store and pay off the pre-orders so they have no excuses when your item comes in

Oh, ok, phew. I just got scared. I just paid them all off last weekend, so was worried when they showed up as closed today. Hopefully that means they'll be here soon!

Maitiú;150452159 said:
ForteanMan, has money left your account yet? I ordered a Toon Link and Sheik, and they've only taken money for the price of one. Both were on their site up for preorders up until today, their release day. Now they are both removed entirely. I've had no emails of any status.

It looks like I haven't been charge as far as I can tell.

Enthus

I have some extra Rosalina I'm looking to trade, if anyone is interested shoot me a PM. Not interested in selling right now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

How is everyone doing today? I myself am kind of having one of my lows. Just the whole PTSD stuff im dealing with from my Cancer. Tough stuff. But I'm still doing fine. :)
Great to hear you're doing fine & the fact you're being more active here.

As for me, tiring long day at college (10 to Noon done, then 4 to 5 in less than an hour, then 6:30 to 8:30ish), but day was made awesome by the fact when I got home, I found out I won a Sega controller hoodie from a contest!

Also about to head into town to quick check Meijer again despite being there yesterday afternoon (only 1 Bowser & Toon Link) because I heard they might have gotten more. Shame that Target & to some extent GameStop are the only two which I can check online for a store's inventory.

Well I hope I did good. Saw a pair of Rosalinas being *sold for $60 and bought it. Looking at it for $30 per is a lot easier to swallow than the $50 for a single.

*I should say from ebay.

LowSignal

I'm doing well, just waiting to reserve wave 4 and MP amiibos at gamestop. Wish I could find some crispy M&Ms but these scalpers are pretty much buying everything now.

Ultimadrago

Apologies if anyone hates Infinity but just want to show you my set. Love these figures and I think they are worth collecting. Skylanders isn't my thing but I know all of these characters (like Amiibo) so they mean more than just having a figure of a created dude like from Skylanders.

Infinity build quality really beats the ever-loving shit out of Amiibo.

Dat Doland.

-Horizon-

I'm getting by without Lucina. Glad to hear you're doing fine :3

I like 'em. They're great figures. Honestly I wished my family (read: kids) skipped the first two skylanders. By the time DI came around I was already burnt out from the hunt and the cost. And now...amiibo.

Lombax

Banned
Question for any NeoGAF members in Budapest, Hungry. Any recommendations for a store within walking distance of Erzsébet tér, that may sell amiibos?
Figured I would try my luck when I am there next week since NA is such a shit show.

Vylash

Gamestop said i need to wait until a little closer to the 13th for them to have any amiibo info, hoping to get Shulk, Toon Link, and Zelda at the same time to finish off my amiibo backlog

DooD1234

The DI figures looks great and I know some of the characters that I like too but for some reason I'm just not tempted to grab any of them. I see Ralph and Vanellope on shelves and I kind of want them but never bit the bullet.

Ludist210

Oh I'm with you. I have every current Infinity figure. They're cool to look at even without the games. I just wish they had put out more Disney Originals this year...

Josh7289

Are you telling me you don't use all of the social media stuff including but not limited to Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/Tumblr/Pinterest/Vine/Google+/YouTube? :p

Even though I said early on that I don't use half of those, it still asked me multiple questions about each one, so those parts were a real waste of time.

Mononoke

Banned
Has anyone done Wave 4 pre orders in NA? Sorry just woke up and im on my phone. Need to go through all the pages of this thread to catch up!

Sorry to hear that. Currently at work, done in a few hours. Forgot my freakin' cross-eyed Bowser amiibo at home for the exchange I was gonna get done at some point today, but part of me kinda wants to keep it, the more people I show it to that find it funny.

Consider me a bit torn.

Also heavily anticipating my 2 shipments of the 7 Mega Mans! I want 'em now, dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom