• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 3 | Where release dates are made up and preorders don't matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't make top 20? I thought for sure I would this time. Love the new OT name.

So for goals this CT:
-Get Shulk at my GameStop without any issues (Pre Ordered)
-Pre Order successfully Robin, Charizard, Ness and Lucina(the best female)
-Attempt to get a Mega Man from somewhere

My current Amiibo collection:
Samus
Link
Fox
Morfh
Pikachu
Yoshi
Zelda
Captain Falcon
Pit
Toon Link
Sheik

cG8cwVr.jpg

Ahh, where's Purple? :(

Still nice!

G0523

Yeah maybe they will make an exception if it is defective. I just noticed that the page for him said "Once bought, this item cannot be cancelled or returned."

Oh, I wasn't aware of that statement. Maybe selling it/giving it away on here would be better. I'm sure someone else will want it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guess for Wave 4, I'll focus on pre-ordering Lucina, Robin, & Pac-Man. The first two so I can eventually get all FE characters for Codename Steam, & Pac-Man because I want all the 3rd-party characters.

Wario probably won't be too hard to find & might be the most common along with Charizard (who I don't think I'll get at the moment, childhood aside). I'm still deciding on Ness since I like him, but I'd rather have the 3 I listed above first.

Hello, new Amiibo thread!

I too will join in the great Rosalina hunt tomorrow. I'll probably get there at 7:30. I hope that's early enough, which is kind of insane to think about.

Mononoke

Banned
Posting these again. Here are the Amiibo logo sparkles you can use for your avatar.

Code:
[B]Original logo size/ w out text.[/B]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YMVVL1j.png[/IMG]

[B]Medium[/B]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MKSs5mK.png[/IMG]

[B]Small[/B]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7Y6eoXW.png[/IMG]

Would you be intersted in letting me give you all my extras I just posted and run a co-giveaway with me?

Or should I just give away each one to whoever asks?

Sure... if you really want to send them all to me! Or maybe I could do the tournaments and then just let you know who to send them out to? I don't know that I would be very efficient with gettine them sent out, but I would definitely get them all out. I can be trusted! I know you're leaving the country soon and probably want them off of your hands before you go (one way or the other).

rjinaz

Heading to Target at 8 am, TRU at 10, and Gamestop at 11. Will probably go to multiple locations in between waiting times. Wish me luck amiibo gaf. Mostly just looking to score a Rosalina or two but we'll see what the others have.

PS I hate store exclusives.

Gartooth

I guess for Wave 4, I'll focus on pre-ordering Lucina, Robin, & Pac-Man. The first two so I can eventually get all FE characters for Codename Steam, & Pac-Man because I want all the 3rd-party characters.

Wario probably won't be too hard to find & might be the most common along with Charizard (who I don't think I'll get at the moment, childhood aside). I'm still deciding on Ness since I like him, but I'd rather have the 3 I listed above first.

Preorder all of them, then cancel later if you want. At first I tried isolating who I thought would be the rares from each wave, and that worked until wave 3. I think everybody knew Shulk and Ike would be rare, but Sheik? Lucario? Rosalina? Shit is getting crazy and if anything instead of character stock getting better, it has gotten worse for wave 3 when the only reliable ones so far are Bowser and to a lesser extent Toon Link.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that statement. Maybe selling it/giving it away on here would be better. I'm sure someone else will want it.

True. I don't want to plunge in on $30 though until I at least know what the situation with Meta-Knight will be in the US for release date and stock. Failing to get a Lucario yesterday is pushing me towards importing though...

Oh man, I'd greatly appreciate that, but wait a bit to see (maybe a few hours or so) if someone else wants him. I'm already getting Fox, so it's only fair that you should see if someone wants Little Mac first. If nobody else wants him, then I thank you in advance.

I'd be up for this. Maybe 2nd & 3rd place could get some as well, but 1st place gets first choice, etc.

Maybe there's a way to at the very least record the match?

I could record it with my phone and upload it to YouTube? haha... it's the only thing I can think of.

Mononoke

Banned
Sure... if you really want to send them all to me! Or maybe I could do the tournaments and then just let you know who to send them out to? I don't know that I would be very efficient with gettine them sent out, but I would definitely get them all out. I can be trusted! I know you're leaving the country soon and probably want them off of your hands before you go (one way or the other).

I just sent you a message. I'll only be gone for 2 weeks. So it's not forever. I would like to help out as much as I can with the giveaway if you want. Could make a custom banner for it. Just make it a really big community giveaway.

I could even try to get some extra Rosalina tomorrow + some other extras to throw in. So it will get even bigger!

As far as sending them out. I could send out my amiibos to each winner (based on who wins). Or I could send them all to you. Whatever works best for you. Send me a PM. :D

Jawmuncher

Glad you do but I just realized that maybe we shouldn't be marking Marth off. He's already been confirmed to be getting more shipment during the Nintendo Direct. Should we unmark him?

The OP is the communities more than it is mine. If anything we should keep the X and change it when we actually see the change

Rnr1224

just put in my order for Ike and Mega man at Fry's. They say I should get it by the 24th. Kind of longer but thats the slowest shipping and those were pretty much the only ones I was looking for. going to try to call my local gamestop to get an estimation for when they will get shulk

Anth0ny

where the hell are the wave 4 pre-orders

I need to know which day to stay up until 4:30am to have a chance to pre-order them in a 30 second window before they sell out

Gartooth

The OP is the communities more than it is mine. If anything we should keep the X and change it when we actually see the change

Wave 3 is going to be so depressing to look at. Mega Man and Sonic might go either way, but everyone else except Bowser and Toon Link will probably get marked off...

Neo Dark

We can unmark him when he's earned being unmarked.

Alright then.

Posting these again. Here are the Amiibo logo sparkles you can use for your avatar.
Oh hey you had a name change. I am so out of touch with the amiibo thread. I don't know my amiibros/sis anymore

I was at the toys r us from my city (in Spain) and had the best customer service ive had while looking for amiibos all this months. While in other case no one gave real answers, or just didnt even want to look in their computers to see if other stores have it, this woman, called Yolanda, was like 40 minutes only with us trying to get ahold of any Rosalina she could find in any other spanish toys r us, calling them personally and asking for them.
She also explained us, thanks at looking at all the number of amiibos that were being distributed in Toys r us, what the problem of some not getting Rosalinas was. Basically some not really big cities where getting too many while bigger cities were getting 0. Other stores even got extras becuase the transporter just dumped everything on the first toys r us he could (they appeared as a minus number in the pc). Also Nintendo distributed 152 Bowsers for all Toys r us in Spain, while only 84 Rosalinas (and badly). What the fuck is Nintendo doing?
At the end, as she saw some stores getting Rosalinas on transit for Monday, she decided me to call me that day if she could get one of the Rosalinas the other Toys r us are getting.
She also made a very official preorder (so not only getting my name in some shitty paper like some store here do), with the number codes and everything, of every 3.5 wave amiibo (the european february wave), and told me would try to personally get any amiibo from other stores that didnt arrive to hers.

I also got and amazing looking toon link there, and a DK.

A+ quality service right there.

BTW she said Amiibos and Skylanders were the one selling a bunch (amiibos to collectors,and skylanders to parents), while disney infinity figures were pretty meh. She also said something similar of distribution was happening with some chaos keys of skylanders.

Mononoke

Banned
I still can't believe what happened with Lucario. Fiance got there 1 hour early. ONE guy got there earlier. They only got 4 Lucarios, and the guy in front was a scalper and bought all 4. She begged the guy to sell 1, and he was a jerk and said NO.

Stupid TRU manager didn't do 1 per customer because he's an idiot.

*weep*

Alright then.

Oh hey you had a name change. I am so out of touch with the amiibo thread. I don't know my amiibros/sis anymore

Name change was kind of an accident. But I just kept with it. Kind of time to move on with my life, put my cancer behind. Start fresh. Mononoke is also me and my fiance's favorite movie together. So it works out. :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still deciding when I should head into Target tomorrow. Considering my town size, I don't think she'll be sold out quickly (I mean, I DID find two or three Captain Falcons at my Meijer), but it might still be a good idea to head there in the morning.

Not sure if I'll bother with GameStop since I called and there wasn't any new shipments, but considering I'll already be over there, I might just for the heck of it.

Preorder all of them, then cancel later if you want. At first I tried isolating who I thought would be the rares from each wave, and that worked until wave 3. I think everybody knew Shulk and Ike would be rare, but Sheik? Lucario? Rosalina? Shit is getting crazy and if anything instead of character stock getting better, it has gotten worse for wave 3 when the only reliable ones so far are Bowser and to a lesser extent Toon Link.
I might do this, but I have to keep my budget in mind. Of wave 3, I want Dedede, Meta Knight (have BB friend online helping me), Shulk, Sonic (pre-ordered), Ike, & Mega Man. Thankfully have no interest in Lucario or Sheik. Toon Link, I don't know, I like him but still deciding.

I could even try to get some extra Rosalina tomorrow + some other extras to throw in. So it will get even bigger!

As far as sending them out. I could send out my amiibos to each winner (based on who wins). Or I could send them all to you. Whatever works best for you. Send me a PM. :D
I was actually planning on giving away a Rosalina tomorrow to show my appreciation for you, ThisBeJason, & LowSignal sending me amiibo for free. If I don't get one tomorrow, could we work something out so you could send one to me (I'll gladly pay retail for it) and I could then do the giveaway, or like you stated with the other contest, get a winner, then you could send it?

I'm still deciding if I want one for myself with my budget (I feel like all Mario characters will be the most useful), but I know I want one to give to the community to show my thanks.

Animekatt

So is rosalina the only amiibo out tomorrow or are mega man, ike and dedede also out??

Scalpers will buy em all anyway but I can hope.

I know at my Target they will have:
Rosalina
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser

Unfortunately it seems that none of the US retailers will be getting the rest until later on in Feb.

Mononoke

Banned
I'm still deciding if I want one with my budget, but I know I want one to give to the community to show my thanks.

Cool! If anyone else is interested in adding to the giveaway pot, just PM me and let me know what extra Amiibo you can give.

I can throw in a Shulk...

But it won't be here till end of Feb. So the winner would basically get a "voucher". Would you guys be cool with that? So whoever would win THAT prize in the giveaway, would basically get Shulk when I get it in from Play Asia.

Favocado

It seems like tomorrow is the day many of our amiigos are going on a journey to find a Rosalina. Has anyone checked with their respective Target stores to see what they plan to do about tomorrow? Lines, purchase limits?

LowSignal

Cool! If anyone else is interested in adding to the giveaway pot, just PM me and let me know what extra Amiibo you can give.

I can throw in a Shulk...

But it won't be here till end of Feb. So the winner would basically get a "voucher". Would you guys be cool with that? So whoever would win THAT prize in the giveaway, would basically get Shulk when I get it in from Play Asia.

I can throw in a captain Falcon

Neo Dark

I still can't believe what happened with Lucario. Fiance got there 1 hour early. ONE guy got there earlier. They only got 4 Lucarios, and the guy in front was a scalper and bought all 4. She begged the guy to sell 1, and he was a jerk and said NO.

Stupid TRU manager didn't do 1 per customer because he's an idiot.

*weep*

Name change was kind of an accident. But I just kept with it. Kind of time to move on with my life, put my cancer behind. Start fresh. Mononoke is also me and my fiance's favorite movie together. So it works out. :D
Wow that sucks. I would call corporate and report that manager's ass. What is with these TRU managers being so bad at this. First the story about the manager holding the ticket for herself and now this? I'm starting to feel like that manager is friends with that guy.

Also, that's awesome to hear. Glad things are looking up for you =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom