• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 3 | Where release dates are made up and preorders don't matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oooo nooo.

only needed one. :(

I'll keep huntin
Yeah, keep trying. Also, check the sites I went to to get the 7 I need for the set of custom paintjobs I'm taking out a commission for:

http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japa...man-super-smash-bros-series-ver-wii-u-en.html

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/nintendo-wii-u-conosle-japan/10169-amiibo-mega-man.html

Edit: Crap, yeah, NS is still sold out. They have the best price, but I remember getting 3 orders in right before they shut 'em down.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I noticed that foreign sites have different prices for different amiibos. Are they basically just charging based on perceived demand?

SalvaPot

I have all of wave 4 preordered from Amazon UK. If it pops up on another Amazon before US is there any one in particular I should change my order to make it cheaper?

Jawmuncher

I have all of wave 4 preordered from Amazon UK. If it pops up on another Amazon before US is there any one in particular I should change my order to make it cheaper?

You should honestly keep them until the last possible minute. Just because anything could happen.

Also, try to not make double posts, if you need to add something else just edit your previous post.
Still relatively new here, so sorry about that. Used to my sporadic use of GameFAQs over the years, where you can't edit your posts and you have to just post a new reply. I'll have to remember to more frequently edit my posts when I wanna add something.

Lucina

Banned

Honestly, since you don't have to pay for pre-orders on Amazon, best to just get as many pre-orders as you can, and then decide what you will do with them later.

You should honestly keep them until the last possible minute. Just because anything could happen.

I agree with Jaw. if wave 3 is any indication, you'd most likely receive your amiibos from the UK before US even gives you an estimation.

SalvaPot

Still relatively new here, so sorry about that. Used to my sporadic use of GameFAQs over the years, where you can't edit your posts and you have to just post a new reply. I'll have to remember to more frequently edit my posts when I wanna add something.

Its ok x), happens to me all the time too.

Today I´m going to pick up my Sheik, and I have yet to buy mario, kinda waiting for him to be either on sale or with a flawless paintjob.

Really? I've looked at all the bottoms, and I haven't noticed anything different, since I have German WFT, Villager, Marth, and Japanese Dedede.

What does the bottom of your Marth say? Are you able to check?

Here is my US Marth

C88ADBE8-0216-4D1C-ACD0-58CF56CC5B03.jpg

llexan

Just a head's up, and you all might already know this so sorry if it's been posted before but Best Buy Gamer's Club Unlocked works on Amiibos! I just assumed they didn't since the discount typically doesn't work on accessories but apparently I was wrong. Takes off $2.60 making it $10.39 per figured. Could've saved some moolah if I knew this but might still take advantage of it to pick up some commons/uncommons.

rjinaz

It happens. I double post on occasion I wouldn't worry about it too much, just try to avoid it if possible. It's been said by mods that nobody has ever been banned for a double post but some people really, really hate it.

Puaru1

JOY! My Pitt came from GameStop online site!

IMG_0073.jpg

:(

Anyone know how to open it so I can get in there and super glue him back to his base without ripping the back cardboard? I was thinking maybe use a razor to take the bot out and slide it out, but then comes the issue of how to make it hold the weight of Pitt when I try to get the bottom back in there.

pvpness

Does anybody know if they're doing a mewtwo Amiibo? That would make it fifty total right? The case I'm building has room for 50...

KTS2448

Keep in mind, Nintendo already confirmed this years gold/platinum rewards will be just digital games.

I think we all need to come to a conclusion here, This amiibo thing....is gonna continue...and get worse. We gotta find an exit strategy and stat.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's clearly labelled as Silver Edition though.
Gold gets the Silver Mario for 2nd place/the lower rakn, then Platinum gets Gold for 1st place/higher rank.

& then those who were Platinum all 7 years get both AND A DIAMOND MARIO AMIIBO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom