• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 3 | Where release dates are made up and preorders don't matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so many canadian and Uk listings...

where's the love, USA retailers... i'm not feeling it

wish i could be really feeling it
75b.jpg

Calm down guys, those are most definitely being made as Club Nintendo gold/platinum rewards. It fits perfectly.
Wasn't it already stated that the prizes would all be digital? I don't think these are related to the Elite prizes for Club Nintendo at all.

ahdurian

WHATDOG.GIF

That's a chance I got to work by car today. I'll go there ASAP

depending on location, probably sold out though
the EB i was at had 2, but two people were waiting in line for an hour for it
and one of those guys had travelled to 4 different EBs only to find out theyre OOS

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
PSA:

Wii Fit Trainer will be in-stock at Amazon.it on Feb 6/7th. Possibly other Amiibos too, I dunno.

I'd sure like wii fit trainer.

Kinda a big bomb shell you're laying down there. Where did you get the info?

Spoke with CC on the phone this morning regarding my old order (Liitle Mac, Villager, Rosalina e WFT) and if I had to give up seeing that they haven't even reopened preorders since forever.
They've told me WFT will get a low restock around the 6th.
Later today amazon.it sent me an email that my WFT part of my order would be delivered on the 9th.

Here's the mail:

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Used snipping tool & zoomed in to make it easier to see the box.

ibhEUJL0hOExrO.gif

C'mon guys, it's obviously the CN Plat/Gold rewards.

And if you're Platinum you get both, right? ...Right? ;____;

If you guys want those Amiibo two - then you're really falling in Nintendo's trap.

Smashline - then done.

only getting amiibos i like, some of the smash for example and luigi from the mario series since i dont like the smash luigi. however i do fear for my bank if pokken has amiibos. my love for pokemon is deep. however not deep enough to lets say buy a regular pikachu and then a shiny pikachu. 1 is good enough for me(i won't get a pokken pikachu anyways tho since i already got the smash one)

Horohoro

If you guys want those Amiibo two - then you're really falling in Nintendo's trap.

Smashline - then done.

Me: hmm Nintendo is producing a line of figiurines for games...
Me: Damnit I'm gonna buy them all aren't I..
Me: yup...

Pretty much all that ran through my head... All that needed too...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
C'mon guys, it's obviously the CN Plat/Gold rewards.

And if you're Platinum you get both, right? ...Right? ;____;
I'm starting to wonder if they'll be like "Okay, so you can either choose between this game OOORRRR you can have this special amiibo instead!"

I sure wish Platinum would get both, but we'll probably just get one. Heck, I'm still holding out for a special reward for those who were Platinum status all 7 years.

SalvaPot

Oh god, something downright evil just occurred to me.

What if this are INDEED the Club Nintendo Platinum and Gold Rewards...

BUT YOU CAN ONLY PICK ONE.

Everyone else is on the same wavelength as me, I´m happy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, I mentioned about how I was hoping for a special reward for those who were Platinum all 7 years...what if THIS is that reward? Like, those who were at least Gold all 7 years get the silver & then those who were Platinum get silver AND Gold?

Me: hmm Nintendo is producing a line of figiurines for games...
Me: Damnit I'm gonna buy them all aren't I..
Me: yup...
Tbh, not gonna go crazy trying to find the Silver/Gold Marios. If I happen across them, then hey, so be it. But I'll be happy even if I only get the standard.

Also, definitely not gonna collect every line of amiibos. Animal Crossing? Nah. Pikmin? Nope. Fire Emblem? Probably not.

Star Fox? Shit. Metroid? DAMMIT.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god, something downright evil just occurred to me.

What if this are INDEED the Club Nintendo Platinum and Gold Rewards...

BUT YOU CAN ONLY PICK ONE.

Everyone else is on the same wavelength as me, I´m happy.

MWxpAlp.png

That'd be awesome. And you're awesome for posting that Joseph gif.

There's never a bad time to post a JoJo GIF.

Jagsrock

Banned
They need to do a mario power up Line. I'd love a frog Luigi,cat toad, boomerang peach and tanooki Mario.
Also
helicopter Yoshi lol

Meeps

Hmmm, I mentioned about how I was hoping for a special reward for those who were Platinum all 7 years...what if THIS is that reward? Like, those who were at least Gold all 7 years get the silver & then those who were Platinum get silver AND Gold?

I wish. I was Platinum every year and had enough coins left over for an additional 3 years.

Wow, it's like Nintendo is not even trying anymore.

Reggie: "Yeah so we just need something to give as award for CN what we should do?"

Cool Nintendo employee: " Ok, since this is the last time we will be giving awards there, what about an awesome diorama like those levels of Super Mario 3D World highly detailed or another with two Smash Bros characters in epic poses battling each other?"

Reggie: "Hahahaha you're fired. Americans don't like that. Let's just grab this Mario amiibo and paint it with golden acrylics"
I think what makes it worse is that it's 1)US only for 2)Club Nintendo members at 3)Platinum level.
Fuck this shit. Every bastard day, at least 4 times each day I checked Amazon UK for those 3 and they go in minutes. Same thing happened on Game.

I was also too slow for the others so I just got Pacman and Wario.

Think I might just sell what I have, and get a ps4 instead.
Setup stock alerts for your e-mail. If you have a smart phone, set up your alert screen to show e-mails from each Amiibo outlet.

I knew they would make chaser Amiibos... F this mess

Y'know what? Fuck it. I'm still gonna go for them. Massive dick move by Nintendo but I'm gonna still try. We all joked about these types of Amiibos but I'm sure we all knew it was coming.

Horohoro

Tbh, not gonna go crazy trying to find the Silver/Gold Marios. If I happen across them, then hey, so be it. But I'll be happy even if I only get the standard.

Also, definitely not gonna collect every line of amiibos. Animal Crossing? Nah. Pikmin? Nope. Fire Emblem? Probably not.

Star Fox? Shit. Metroid? DAMMIT.

I could skip animal crossing, maybe pikmin no way on FE, SF, Metroid.
Now if they release a Golden Sun line... Awful things will happen to people that scalp those... I can almost guarantee that is certain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom