• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues |OT| The Hooded Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
QJqjLAo.jpg

General Information

Rated PG-13

Runtime: 1 hour 59 minutes

Release Date: December 18, 2013

Crew

Directed by Adam McKay

Produced by Judd Apatow, Will Ferrell, and Adam McKay

Written by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay

Music by Andrew Feltenstein and John Nau

Cast

Main Cast Members:

• Will Ferrell as Ron Burgundy
  • Steve Carell as Brick Tamland
  • Paul Rudd as Brian Fantana
  • David Koechner as Champ Kind
  • Christina Applegate as Veronica Corningstone-Burgundy
  • Kristen Wiig as Chani Lastname
IZiVPNp.png

Supporting Cast Members:

• James Marsden as Jack Lime
  • Meagan Good as Linda Jackson
  • Josh Lawson as Kench Allenby
  • Dylan Baker as Freddie Shapp
  • Judah Nelson as Walter Burgundy
8h1sYTw.png

GAF Reviews

Press Reviews

Posters

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It's only coming out here in April; which is some grade A bullshit.

RBH

Just got back from watching it.

Laughed my ass off throughout the movie. A worthy sequel imo.

Just got back from it. It totally didnt suck, and there was some scenes that absolutely nailed it. Not perfect, but better then it had any right to be.

I loved it, I had very little faith and no knowledge of reviews going into the theater but I came out pleased as I could be. Funnier than the original, the references are as random as they are amazing, and the cameos are legendary. Highly recommended!

Leeness

So excited, Anchorman is legit one of my favourite movies (probably favourite comedy).

Gonna go Saturday or Sunday!

Saw it last night - loved it. I'll need to see it again, but I think (think) it's just about as good as the first. Surprisingly good commentary on news today, too, which I wasn't expecting. My only (minor) gripe is that it was too Brick heavy, and his whole romance subplot felt pretty unnecessary to me. Cutting out his romance stuff would have lobbed about 15 minutes off of the movie, which would have been the perfect length. Still though, that's being super nitpicky. Funniest movie of 2013.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Just got back from seeing it. The end of the movie is...well...I don't know how to describe it. You best see it for yourself

that's a good description, I like to have movies I'm highly interested in not having the ending described on the internet for me.

edit: 13 february here god damn

DrStiles

Just got back from seeing it. Very funny and totally random at times, it had a good amount of new jokes and just enough call backs to the first one. Definitely worth seeing, and I'm sure there will be some quotes coming from this one.

Saw it last night - loved it. I'll need to see it again, but I think (think) it's just about as good as the first. Surprisingly good commentary on news today, too, which I wasn't expecting. My only (minor) gripe is that it was too Brick heavy, and his whole romance subplot felt pretty unnecessary to me. Cutting out his romance stuff would have lobbed about 15 minutes off of the movie, which would have been the perfect length. Still though, that's being super nitpicky. Funniest movie of 2013.

Agreed about Brick. He is hilarious but there was just a little too much of him.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Absolutely hilarious, but incredibly uneven. I haven't laughed that hard in a movie in a long time, but a lot of gags fell flat. The entirety of the lighthouse scenes were hilarious though. Definitely quotable material there!

Crocodile

Wow I thought this was releasing on Christmas day O_O. I wonder if I can catch a showing tomorrow before I leave to go visit family for the Holidays.

Wow I thought this was releasing on Christmas day O_O. I wonder if I can catch a showing tomorrow before I leave to go visit family for the Holidays.

It seems a lot of people didn't know it was coming out, my theatre was only half full for a 9:00 showing I was definitely expecting more people. I imagine since tomorrow is the official release that more people will know and show up

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
So glad that this apparently lives up to the original

Without a doubt. Some more emphasis on cringe, and classic Adam McKay crappy jokes delivered by children or throwaway characters, as well, but 90 percent of the movie is absolutely golden.

Sean

Banned
Just got back from seeing it, very funny.

Glad I didn't read any reviews or follow this movie too closely as there were a lot of surprises. The ending was amazing and had the whole theater laughing so hard.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

I think Brick was always going to be more prominent given Steve Carrell's rise after the first movie.

Courage

Just came back home from it. Goddamn great movie, I actually think they topped the original. That final half hour was flawless.

That climax was fucking amazing. It's too bad some people left before the post-credits stinger, although it wasn't much. Just hinted at what's to come.

I only had watched the teaser trailer for this one, so I had no idea about the direction for the birth of
24/7 news cycle and Faux News
. That was a really cool surprise, made the movie a lot more relevant. Also Linda Jackson, yum :p The dinner scene was my favourite.

I laughed a lot, but I don't know if it's as quotable. Comedy sequels are tough, which is why I can see why the Cornetto Trilogy didn't try it. I still think The World's End was the best comedy this year, had an even faster pace and tighter writing but that's off-topic.

Can't believe everyone likes it this much.

I saw this with my friends last night and we all thought it was absolute trash. The movie just was not funny at all. I'm very surprised that this is receiving generally positive reviews seeing as it was quite possibly the worst movie I have seen in theaters since Lady in the Water. When the movie ended, I felt like Adam McKay had just shat on my chest and bitch slapped me repeatedly. Within 5 minutes of talking to my friends after the film, I had already laughed harder than I did for the entire 2 hour long movie.

And yes, I love the first one to this day. Biggest disappointment of 2013 :(

Just got back from seeing this.

Holy shit, fucking hilarious film.

I loved the first and didnt think the second would match it but it does, so very well.

I cannot recommend this enough if you liked the first one.

The last 15 minutes or so were god tier Anchorman and if they want to make a third then I feel safe with them doing it after seeing this.

It certainly won't suffer The Hangover curse.

Can't believe everyone likes it this much.

I saw this with my friends last night and we all thought it was absolute trash. The movie just was not funny at all. I'm very surprised that this is receiving generally positive reviews seeing as it was quite possibly the worst movie I have seen in theaters since Lady in the Water. When the movie ended, I felt like Adam McKay had just shat on my chest and bitch slapped me repeatedly. Within 5 minutes of talking to my friends after the film, I had already laughed harder than I did for the entire 2 hour long movie.

And yes, I love the first one to this day. Biggest disappointment of 2013 :(

Everyone else has opinions just like you, maybe the frequency is different from yours but who cares. Although, you could at least give reasons for why this is one of the worst movies ever.

Hindle

Banned
Can. Not. Wait.

I wouldn't mind if thy released sequels every 3 to 4 years. The characters are strong enough to sustain multiple movies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I just got back and genuinely think this can stand alongside the first. Absolutely fucking love d it. The dinner scene, getting the gang back together, that ending holy fuck wow.

-MD-

I'm so glad I haven't seen a single second of trailer/clip footage for this. Now that it's getting hype reviews I'm pumped. Gonna get blazed and see this in theaters for sure.

Watched this last night without having watched any trailers before hand. There's a few dumb lines in the movie but there a bunch of memorable scenes that make me want to watch it again.

Laughed hard at that
Dobey song
. So good XD

I doubt the movie will be quotable in the same way as the original but was still good on its own merits.

That climax was fucking amazing. It's too bad some people left before the post-credits stinger, although it wasn't much. Just hinted at what's to come.
Didn't even realise there was one.

kris.

Banned
just got back
good god those last 15 or so minutes are unbelievable. i was crying.
everyone was saying how bad the film was so my expectations were slightly lowered and it just i mean wow. will see again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom