• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

And the wheel stopped on the next virtue signaling celebrity - Adam Savage (Mythbusters)

iconmaster

Banned
Even though Adam responded to the allegations, Resetera closed their thread because it’s not from what they consider to be a reputable source.

I think I'd actually agree with them on that. I'm seeing it on the tabloid-ish sites so far. But the lawsuit must have actually been filed for Savage to issue a statement on it through his lawyer.

carlosrox

Banned
I just saw the thread title and kept reading it as Adam Sandler somehow.

I'm like "Adam Sandler virtue signals? News to me". Then the name finally clicked and I saw the allegations....hoo boy.

This is rough...

Gifmaker

I would hate it for this to be true. I really like Adam and this being true would destroy my enjoyment for the Mythbusters franchise completely.

So I will keep a close eye on how this case evolves. If it turns out to be a lie by his loony sister - well, that would be fucked up enough already...

diffusionx

Gold Member
Surely the parents would corroborate if true. Theirs no way it could happen under their roof without them knowing.

Eh, not necessarily.

This really is a he-said she-said. And of course sibling abuse does occur. But so does people accusing family of abuse that didn't happen (it was actually a thing in the 1980s with the repressed memory stuff). I'm not sure we will ever get the truth.

iconmaster

Banned
Surely the parents would corroborate if true. Theirs no way it could happen under their roof without them knowing.

At least one parent has denied the accusations:

His mother Karen Savage also issued a statement via Brettler, saying, "It makes me very sad to say this, but my daughter suffers from severe mental health challenges, and it's devastating that she's putting Adam and our entire family through this. Adam is a good man, and I support him completely."

bitbydeath

Are we believing women this week or no ? I can't keep track anymore

tumblr_ngga7oScpU1rqnk0bo8_250.gif

LoV

Banned
Adam is on team #metoo and this happens. I mean, I'm not even surprised anymore because this shit happens to the far left all the time.

GreyHorace

I'm all for due process and will wait for some real proof before condemning Savage of anything. He may be a Trump-hating male feminist sperg, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

But... Jesus Christ. If the accusations are true, then fuck Adam Savage and I hope he rots in jail.

Bullet Club

Eep

Wasn't expecting to read that. Thought it would be the usual "he touched my boobie/said something rude" at work type thing.

supernova8

Banned
I'm all for due process and will wait for some real proof before condemning Savage of anything. He may be a Trump-hating male feminist sperg, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

But... Jesus Christ. If the accusations are true, then fuck Adam Savage and I hope he rots in jail.

Agreed. I can see how the reaction to this is different to how people reacted in the thread about AngryJoe. Of course the allegations are much much more serious but, if anything there's even less evidence here (or at least what we can see publicly). She could literally claim anything happened back in the 1970s - I don't know how she's going to prove it unless another family member/friend knows about it.

supernova8

Banned
In his rebuttal he seems to imply she has been making (false) accusations for years about him and others in the family in the pursuit of a payout... wonder if there are any receipts to back that up.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
If he was 9 and 12 years old, can he face any legal condemnation now? I don’t know how the judicial system works in USA, but seems unlikely.

Droxcy

We’ll probably never know the truth at the end of the day due to it being so long ago but damn crazy.

Stouffers

Banned
I don’t remember or misremember almost everything about my youth. I thought we went to Disney every year when I was a kid. I brought it up Fathers Day and my mom laughed and said we went maybe 2-3 times total. I was really in lala land for most of my younger years. Maybe I’m mentally handicapped in some way.

Ar¢tos

9 year old accused of rape?... OK....
Next week I guess we will have a case of twin rape in uterus...

royox

Holy fucking shit.

But wait a sec
The suit says Savage, who was between 9 and 12 years old at the time

Between 9 and 12...so it was like 40 years ago when he was literally a kid...so it's disturbing but fucking nothing at the end of the day right?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

And gets fucked, fucking rapist...also he always he gives me that vibe, with his creepy smile, that he is something like that.

Airola

Not sure people should be held accountable now for things they did 40-50 years ago when they were 9.
Not even if it goes against their current "ally" ideology. I mean, it's not as if what a person thinks or does as a kid stays as his habit for the rest of their lives.

Besides this story sounds faker than Jussie Smollet and Nascar Noose combined. "Raping Blob", come on...

MastAndo

Damn, this is heinous, if true.

On a side note - ERA seems to have abandoned the whole "believe her" idea in their thread about this. They're conveniently waiting to hear more information on this one before passing judgment. Is Adam Savage one of their own?

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
BfNxgdf.gif

KaDbQGk.png

"Think again."

"HhhhhhrrrrrraaaAAAAGHHHHHH!!!"
aYy1HHA.gif

A71uvk4.gif

aSp7xOT.gif

8onMdlt.gif

"STOP."
YHOo3tB.gif

IUlzjJG.gif

qSC1pRq.gif

Seriously though, I sincerely hope this isn't true. The family says that his sister suffers from severe mental illness, but who wouldn't if the allegations are actually true? I can only think of the allegedly self-appointed title of 'The Raping Blob' when I see him now. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:

Last edited:
As much as i hate the woke virtue signal crowd , having a hard time believing a kid in the 70s had enough understanding of rape at that age to quantify giving himself a nickname like that which is more akin to what someone with a higher degree of self awareness later on in life would do. I couldnt imagine having that kind of awareness of rape at that age having grown up in the 80s....not even getting into the biological aspects of this.

Not taking sides, Let the courts figure this one out

Ultra gross if true though, was this town deliverence level back in the 70s?

Last edited:

drganon

Damn, this is heinous, if true.

On a side note - ERA seems to have abandoned the whole "believe her" idea in their thread about this. They're conveniently waiting to hear more information on this one before passing judgment. Is Adam Savage one of their own?
Resetera believes women when its convenient.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Holy fucking shit.

But wait a sec

Between 9 and 12...so it was like 40 years ago when he was literally a kid...so it's disturbing but fucking nothing at the end of the day right?

Agreed.

This news is definitely weird, but so is publicly cancelling a grown ass man for something they did when they were a ten year old.

Top Bottom