• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Breitbart has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what could Breitbart ever do against her? Hell, I don't think she even BLAMES him to this date.

It required the executive branch dismissing her.

They did so on faulty information in a haste.

If I post a bunch of crap up on the internet about your employee/GF-BF/Wife/etc. would you dismiss them instantly or go to the website that features the full video and take a gander first?

Just asking.

He smearerd her publicly? Made her name the top story for a day by lying about her and showing edited footage?

Where's the personal responsibility here?

benjipwns

Banned
Funny thing is that there are never natural causes of death. Neither at 43 nor at e.g. 93.
I'd assume most causes of death are natural.
He smearerd her publicly? Made her name the top story for a day by lying about her and showing edited footage?

Where's the personal responsibility here?
I have never, NEVER said that Breitbart should not have held back and checked for the full video. I've said a number of times he just throws up shit almost instantly as he gets it.

HE DID NOT GET HER FIRED. Why did Sherrod get canned instantly? The Admin should have NEVER DONE SO.

Breitbart brought it up, the Obama team should have said, look at this video, she's a great person, treating all equally despite her personal feelings.

But instead they demanded she resign immediately.

Why should we blame Breitbart because the Obama Administration is scared to death of being called out on supporting people equally?

And what could Breitbart ever do against her? Hell, I don't think she even BLAMES him to this date.

It required the executive branch dismissing her.

They did so on faulty information in a haste.

If I post a bunch of crap up on the internet about your employee/GF-BF/Wife/etc. would you dismiss them instantly or go to the website that features the full video and take a gander first?

Just asking.

Just stop. Breitbart posted disinformation about her which made it appear that she abused her power on the basis of racial bigotry. He was responsible for fueling outrage for it and for deceiving her employers with the disinformation.

You're done. You aren't getting anymore responses from me. You're a complete joke.

Honestly who knows. I was glad to see Huffington and Media Matters come out and say something nice and show how to have some class when someone you disagree with passes away. Some here could learn a few lessons from them.

That´s my only complaint the cheering of his death. I don´t like most of the stuff he posted. But he was a father and husban to people.

Jeez does GAF have any conservative friends?

It seems certain comments just make GAF think a certain person is the worst person ever.

I disagree with most modern GOPers in pretty much all of their dogma but I´m still friends with a bunch (probably more than liberal people). They´re nice people most of the time.

I didn't see this before.

I do have conservative friends. They don't repeatedly shit on atheists. Some of them are actually atheists.

Enron

Banned
This is the most offensive thing in this thread.

lol. Bloggers are not journalists, people.

I am not a journalist, but I did aspire to be one at one point and spent 3 years at the Grady College of Journalism at UGA. The argument that traditional journalism is dead thanks to the internet, blogs, cameraphones, etc. is offensive. "Citizen Journalists" are not journalists. Professional journalism may sometimes be biased, but you can bet your ass that Citizen Journalism will ALWAYS be.

I vote against Krauthammer.

Krauthammer is one of my favorite conservatives. He doesn´t really go outside the conservative mainstream often anymore though I don´t think he´s really changed his views

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Krauthammer#Ideology

I didn't see this before.

I do have conservative friends. They don't repeatedly shit on atheists. Some of them are actually atheists.
It just seems like GAF draws lines in the sand for sillythings. "they make fun of atheists, can´t like them!" "don´t believe in global warming, can´t like them"

I just never worry about that kind of stuff when it comes to the actual person.

benjipwns

Banned
Uh, she was suing him.
And that went where?
You're done. You aren't getting anymore responses from me. You're a complete joke.
I'm fine with that. I like when people hate the fact the administration they defend fired someone for nothing and try to find an internet troll to blame instead of realizing they should have actually spent say an hour to find out if the person deserved to be fired.
Heart insuffiency, heart attack, arrythmia and infections are the most common causes of death and never natural.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_causes_of_death_by_rate
They aren't?

3rdman

A journalist is someone that reports the news. They have slants a lot of the times. Is the huffington post news? national review? the nation? rolling stones? mother jones? weekly standard?

And you wonder why conservative think you guys are a bunch of assholes?
Maybe it's because of the advent of Fox News and blogs that have successfully blurred the lines between "commentary" and "news" in your mind but not for me.

A journalist will verify the news he reports and he'll have multiple sources for his stories. What this prick did was literally make shit up...That list of shit websites you posted above are not run by journalists...they are filled with opinion pieces and usually just link to other websites when it comes to breaking news.

...and LOL at your closing statement. I can't speak for everyone but I am much more offended at incorrect statement and injustice than political leanings. Brietbart was scum...that simple. He lied and made shit up and called it news.

I'd assume most causes of death are natural.

I have never, NEVER said that Breitbart should not have held back and checked for the full video. I've said a number of times he just throws up shit almost instantly as he gets it.

HE DID NOT GET HER FIRED. Why did Sherrod get canned instantly? The Admin should have NEVER DONE SO.

Breitbart brought it up, the Obama team should have said, look at this video, she's a great person, treating all equally despite her personal feelings.

But instead they demanded she resign immediately.

Why should we blame Breitbart because the Obama Administration is scared to death of being called out on supporting people equally?

I can blame Breitbart for intentionally spreading disinformation to discredit people and harm their lives. I think that's plenty. Not sure why you are trying to suggest that he didn't know the actual context of the stuff he spread. It's pathetic apologistic behavior.

cenkonb.jpg

That sums it up real well.

And that went where?

I'm fine with that. I like when people hate the fact the administration they defend fired someone for nothing and try to find an internet troll to blame instead of realizing they should have actually spent say an hour to find out if the person deserved to be fired.

Breitbart was no mere internet troll. He was a propagandist who manufactured a large outrage over the issue by promoting it on the largest propaganda network on television today.

I said the administration was culpable in the blame as soon as they were brought up. You on the other hand, simply relegate Breitbart's roll in the incident to an internet troll, despite the fact that he was PROMOTING A VIDEO DECEPTIVELY EDITED TO MAKE HER APPEAR TO HAVE ABSUED HER POWER FOR RACIALLY BIGOTED REASONS.

And it took more than an hour for the truth to become apparent. We had to wait for the farmers from the incident to come to her defense, which took multiple days.

daycru

Breitbart was no mere internet troll. He was a propagandist who manufactured a large outrage over the issue by promoting it on the largest propaganda network on television today.

I said the administration was culpable in the blame as soon as they were brought up. You on the other hand, simply relegate Breitbart's roll in the incident to an internet troll, despite the fact that he was PROMOTING A VIDEO DECEPTIVELY EDITED TO MAKE HER APPEAR TO HAVE ABSUED HER POWER FOR RACIALLY BIGOTED REASONS.

And it took more than an hour for the truth to become apparent. We had to wait for the farmers from the incident to come to her defense, which took multiple days.
No man, he just had different opinions! He had children!

benjipwns

Banned
I don't get it. He passed that shit around on conservative blogs and Fox News. Are you saying that he has no personal responsibility in this situation? Come on man.
I can blame Breitbart for intentionally spreading disinformation to discredit people and harm their lives. I think that's plenty. Not sure why you are trying to suggest that he didn't know the actual context of the stuff he spread. It's pathetic apologistic behavior.
Where have I suggested that other than an early post where I said he claimed he only received the edited video and that I DID NOT believe him.

My entire point has been why is Breitbart to blame when it was the Admin who fired her, and they did so instantly over nothing. Why did they not go onto the NAACP site and view the entire video first?

I am not saying Breitbart had no role, I'm saying the only people who had any power, any decision making capability, FUCKED IT UP and yet people only want to talk about Breitbart.

This was an Obama Admin fuck up. If they ignored it, it would have faded away like every other FOX News "scandal of the week" they use to fill airtime.

So you believe any video posted on the internet needs to be instantly addressed and that if nobody comes along to deny it then that person should be fired. (OR IT'S TRUE!)

Even when there's a full video, ALREADY EXISTING ON THE INTERNET that clears up the entire thing.

Wait, I thought you were ignoring me?

daycru

Anyway, ACORN had more of a positive effect on lives than Breitbart. As in, any. Now they're both dead. But RIP for realz.

I am not saying Breitbart had no role, I'm saying the only people who had any power, any decision making capability, FUCKED IT UP and yet people only want to talk about Breitbart.

This was an Obama Admin fuck up. If they ignored it, it would have faded away like every other FOX News "scandal of the week" they use to fill airtime.

The difference here between the standard Fox News fake scandal and this is one is that Breitbart was promoting materially that fooled everyone involved into thinking she had abused her power to discriminate racially.

Also, these two statements are contradictory:

I am not saying Breitbart had no role,
This was an Obama Admin fuck up.

The last statement is clearly a statement that this was entirely the fault of the Obama Administration. It wasn't.

So you believe any video posted on the internet needs to be instantly addressed and that if nobody comes along to deny it then that person should be fired. (OR IT'S TRUE!)

Even when there's a full video, ALREADY EXISTING ON THE INTERNET that clears up the entire thing.

Wait, I thought you were ignoring me?
You're still wrong. You're still making shitty posts. Me being annoyed with you won't change how terrible your arguments are.

thatbox

Banned
Krauthammer is one of my favorite conservatives. He doesn´t really go outside the conservative mainstream often anymore though I don´t think he´s really changed his views

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Krauthammer#Ideology

It just seems like GAF draws lines in the sand for sillythings. "they make fun of atheists, can´t like them!" "don´t believe in global warming, can´t like them"

I just never worry about that kind of stuff when it comes to the actual person.
I actually had no idea he held some of those beliefs. He usually doesn't come off as much better than Cal Thomas in his editorials, although he's obviously much more intelligent.

Where have I suggested that other than an early post where I said he claimed he only received the edited video and that I DID NOT believe him.

My entire point has been why is Breitbart to blame when it was the Admin who fired her, and they did so instantly over nothing. Why did they not go onto the NAACP site and view the entire video first?

You are really pathetic. You implied in the post I replied to that Breitbart hadn't "checked" the video, as if it weren't a planned media attack. The guy worked for Drudge and Huffington, he knew what he was doing.

And why should we be talking about anybody but him? it's his legacy that's being discussed. His legacy of being an asshole, of trying to get people fired, of lying to distort the public's view on matters to his own ends.

Tosssing in the fact that the Obama administration was dumb enough to fall for his scheme doesn't make him less repsonsible for his actions. Is a con artist not responsible when he dupes a gullible mark?

Talon

Jesus, it's ridiculous to conflate Ted Kennedy and Andrew Breibart and say they're received differently solely due to political ideology.

Breibart made a living off of playing on fears and playing with the facts to fuel the most controversy. He was the worst of what the media can be. The Daily Mirror of political dialog, if you will.

As a human being, yes, I feel for the family and its loss of a young man. Sure, I'll agree that some in this thread are being quite rude, but there shouldn't be an expectation to deify him. Or, frankly, any public figure that passes.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Well, this has turned into the most fitting tribute to Andrew Breitbart.

Yelling at each other over the internet.

benjipwns

Banned
Well, this has turned into the most fitting tribute to Andrew Breitbart.

Yelling at each other over the internet.
As he would have wanted.

The difference here between the standard Fox News fake scandal and this is one is that Breitbart was promoting materially that fooled everyone involved into thinking she had abused her power to discriminate racially.
And that's different from a lot of Fox News programming how?
The last statement is clearly a statement that this was entirely the fault of the Obama Administration. It wasn't.
Breitbart could not and will never be able to fire Shirley Sherrod. The Obama Administration had and used that power.

No contradiction at all.
You are really pathetic. You implied in the post I replied to that Breitbart hadn't "checked" the video
And that I didn't fucking believe him, WTF.
And why should we be talking about anybody but him?
HE COULDN'T FIRE SHIRLEY SHERROD!

How is this being ignored!
of trying to get people fired
Don't see anything wrong with that. I wanted George W. Bush to be fired for a while, sadly, his employers didn't comply.
of lying to distort the public's view on matters to his own ends.
See my employees: Bush, George W. and Obama, Barack H.
Tosssing in the fact that the Obama administration was dumb enough to fall for his scheme doesn't make him less repsonsible for his actions. Is a con artist not responsible when he dupes a gullible mark?
And I NEVER SAID HE WASN'T.

I said the Obama Administration is MOST to blame because they got duped by this fucker.

It's the same god damn moronic defense for all the Democrats who voted for the Iraq War "HERP DERP BUSH TRICKED ME"

And the answer is NO, YOU'RE THE FUCKING MORON BECAUSE YOU GOT TRICKED.

And that's different from a lot of Fox News programming how?
"Evidence"

Breitbart could not and will never be able to fire Shirley Sherrod. The Obama Administration had and used that power.

No contradiction at all.

HE COULDN'T FIRE SHIRLEY SHERROD!!!!!

How is this being ignored!
The man released video edited in away that made her speech appear be an admission of racial bigotry. You know why people used the term "deceptively" edited? Because it's deceiving.

If you can't see why this is pathetic, you should take a break from the internet for a while.

Why is this even a topic?

Bottom line, profession smear artist, distortion-machine, truth-clouder and anti-democracy blogger dies, people talk about his legacy. You want to talk about how stupid it was that somebody fell for his scam once.

Darkgran

benjipwns

Banned
The man released video edited in away that made her speech appear be an admission of racial bigotry. You know why people used the term "deceptively" edited? Because it's deceiving.
And how many YouTube links do you want? And how many will you use to fire people under your employ immediately?
If you can't see why this is pathetic, you should take a break from the internet for a while.

Why is this even a topic?

Bottom line, profession smear artist, distortion-machine, truth-clouder and anti-democracy blogger dies, people talk about his legacy. You want to talk about how stupid it was that somebody fell for his scam once.
Ah yes, we should never question those who fall for the scam. It's not their fault, THEY WERE SCAMMED!

Whenever just anyone publishes a charge, we should react immediately in the harshest legal way.

Why bother looking up a simple video to explain the context. THERE'S A SMEAR ARTIST ABOUT!

So was almost every dick head in history. Does everybody get a pass if they were a father or son?

From people celebrating their deaths? Yes.

I actually had no idea he held some of those beliefs. He usually doesn't come off as much better than Cal Thomas in his editorials, although he's obviously much more intelligent.
I mean he does have a job at Fox. He doesn´t want to risk that.

And how many YouTube links do you want? And how many will you use to fire people under your employ immediately?
A youtube link of a women, clearly her talking, in her voice, in her speaking pattern, talking about how she racially discriminated is pretty damning. Not that you'll understand. "Deceptively edited" is too difficult a concept for you to grasp.

I said he only edited the video.

Breitbart fired her, and did so instantly over nothing. He got to the NAACP site and viewed the entire video first!

Breitbart had power, decision making capability, FUCKED UP.

This was a fuck up. A FOX News "scandal of the week" .

Any video posted on the internet needs to be instantly addressed. And [when there's a video, ON THE INTERNET] if nobody comes along to deny it then that person should be fired.

Ignore me

There we go. I Breitbarted up your post for you. I'm not responsible if someone takes your words out of context! They could easily search through the thread to find out what you really said.

Ah yes, we should never question those who fall for the scam. It's not their fault, THEY WERE SCAMMED!

Whenever just anyone publishes a charge, we should react immediately in the harshest legal way.

Why bother looking up a simple video to explain the context. THERE'S A SMEAR ARTIST ABOUT!

I never said any of that. I said you're distracting from the topic at hand.

My last post on this topic.

benjipwns

Banned
A youtube link of a women, clearly her talking, in her voice, in her speaking pattern, talking about how she racially discriminated is pretty damning. Not that you'll understand. "Deceptively edited" is too difficult a concept for you to grasp.
Well, except for the whole part where I haven't excused Breitbart, rather just simply placed all the power on the institution that holds it all in this instance. The one that fired Sherrod. The executive branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom