• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread New OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
zedge said:
Gameloft has a sale right now. Games are 99 cents and you get one free.

Picked up Asphalt 6 and Real Soccer 2011, easily worth a buck. Both run excellent on my Galaxy S.

http://www.gameloft.com/android-hd-games/

I don't really like racing and soccer games, any other good games from that list? how's assassin creed, spider-man, or fishing kings ? my main concern is control. which is why I mostly play simple puzzle or sim games on my phone.

Angry Birds Rio is awesome. just what i wanted in a AB sequel: more of the same but with better graphics, sound, and some minor feature tweaks. i wonder if i can uninstall the amazon appstore without it uninstalling the game...

also: i hated pewpew. using a samsung vibrant (tmobile galaxy s) and it was the biggest pain in the ass to control with the virtual joysticks on the screen.

Stupid Zombie is okay. it's a cheap near-carbon-copy of angry birds except you're shooting at zombies and bouncing bullets off walls etc. instead of flinging things. uses the same level map layout and 3 star system, etc.

zedge

Callibretto said:
I don't really like racing and soccer games, any other good games from that list? how's assassin creed, spider-man, or fishing kings ? my main concern is control. which is why I mostly play simple puzzle or sim games on my phone.
Not too sure how those games are.. Controls in their other games seems to be pretty solid. For a buck you can't go wrong really.

Psi

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
Angry Birds Rio is awesome. just what i wanted in a AB sequel: more of the same but with better graphics, sound, and some minor feature tweaks. i wonder if i can uninstall the amazon appstore without it uninstalling the game...

You have to have the Amazon app installed for it to work. I think you have to be signed in to your Amazon account too but I'm not sure how all of that works.

Psi said:
You have to have the Amazon app installed for it to work. I think you have to be signed in to your Amazon account too but I'm not sure how all of that works.

fffffuuuuuuu fine. whatever. im big into amazon anyway, so i might as well embrace their app... maybe i'll get freebies down the line for being Prime? (beyond the rumored free app a day thing they're going to do)

r1chard

soultron said:
Stupid Zombie. Like Angry Birds, but it's actually fun to play.

Supports OpenFeint, FREE and has over 300 levels.
+1 for Stupid Zombie. I hated Angry Birds after a few dozen levels. It was overly fiddly and the level design was just plain dumb (trivially easy levels followed by very hard level followed by more trivially easy levels...)

Pew Pew was fun, but crashed (rebooted) my Nexus S with 2.3.3.

Meganoid is a great little retro game.

Leo's RC Simulator is a fun toy.

wondermega

Acid08 said:
I wish Tiny Wings was on android. I was playing it today on my friends iPhone and it was so much fun.

watch for Dillo Hills then..

Dillo-Hills-android.jpg

voodooray

Doodle Jump is free today on the Amazon Appstore. I see Airport Mania went back to its paid for price, although Angry Birds Rio is now showing up as FREE again (or maybe it never changed).

graywolf323

voodooray said:
Doodle Jump is free today on the Amazon Appstore. I see Airport Mania went back to its paid for price, although Angry Birds Rio is now showing up as FREE again (or maybe it never changed).

they seem to have extended Angry Birds Rio past the first day (probably to draw attention to their store)

I actually kinda wish I hadn't missed out on Rope Cut even if it was a shameless rip off since Cut the Rope is one of my favorite games on my iPod Touch and I'd love to play it on my Android phone :-(

milkham

sun-drop said:
about 4mins in to this vid you can see a pretty cool spiderman game being played on the SGSII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPKekPQu6Hk&feature=player_embedded

is that out on the andriod store at the mo? wonder how well it runs on a desire

that's gameloft's spider-man game, i dont know why but they refuse to offer them directly on the android market, and a quick search doesn't show it in the amazon app store either. you have to buy it directly from them.

http://www.gameloft.com/android-games/spiderman-total-mayhem/?adid=101966

sun-drop

yeh how weird .... makes ya wanna hunt down the apk through other means really.

wonder if they don't like the refund system of the market?

milkham said:
that's gameloft's spider-man game, i dont know why but they refuse to offer them directly on the android market, and a quick search doesn't show it in the amazon app store either. you have to buy it directly from them.

http://www.gameloft.com/android-games/spiderman-total-mayhem/?adid=101966

Basically they don't develop for Android in the manner that Google requires and therefore cannot participate in the market.

Rowley claims the reason why Android Market doesn't fit the bill on this score is because it would lead to Gameloft having to code their titles for multiple handsets, all at once.
"As it stands, the submission rules on Android Market Place do not accept that we submit the games per device, meaning a build must work on a range of devices in order to appear on the marketplace - you can imagine how tricky this might be, or the potential perils it brings considering how many devices are out there.
"As a result this means we're unable to fine tune our games (to provide the best quality game per device) and achieve a perfect shopping experience for our fans, and this is why we have decided to launch our games on stores that allow this - i.e. our store and some carriers' stores."

sauce

Massa

jonnybryce said:
Basically they don't develop for Android in the manner that Google requires and therefore cannot participate in the market.

sauce

That makes very little sense. They probably just want 100% of the profits per sale.

carlosp

Banned
"As it stands, the submission rules on Android Market Place do not accept that we submit the games per device, meaning a build must work on a range of devices in order to appear on the marketplace -you can imagine how tricky this might be, or the potential perils it brings considering how many devices are out there.

Wow they can't manage to make their games run on that 50 or 100 didn't different handsets because it is too difficult. Kudos to the pc developers who manage to run they're games on million if different setups.

KPunk

Ive been really enjoying Doodle Jump a lot. Got it free From Amazon market place too. Really have to try out Dildo Hills.

r1chard

bkfount said:
game is out, but it is choppy as hell on my Incredible even on the lowest settings in the options menu. Disappointing, as it looks nice and fills a niche.
Yeah, choppy on my Nexus S even on the lowest setting too. Some serious lag jumps every now and then.

wondermega

My game 180 is wrapping up for Android. We released a year ago on iPhone and have been souping it up for this device.

180wip.jpg

180wip02.jpg

Here's a YouTube (old iPhone version) to give you a sense of the gameplay (think Tetris Attack meets Bust-a-Move, with a unique coin-flipping mechanic thrown in)

For Android the visuals are redone in higher-rez, a lot of the art is redone from scratch, there's different gameplay modes, etc. On top of it all I'm going to try a crazy unorthodox scheme to see if I can make money from this, whether or not tat part works you can count on a great action-puzzler unlike anything else out there on Android.. should be out in a few more weeks!

wowzors

Just picked up a Xoom, and like mandatory games? I have a Droid X too but never really found any WOW games. Any advice appreciated.

McLovin

the amazon app store has to ninja for free today only get it! Sorry for the bad grammar am using google voice while driving .

soultron

Banned
If you're looking for a rather robust traditional (I mean that in the sense that it's not something you'd play for 5 minutes at a time) game experience, try out

Cyberlords - Arcology

Cyberlords-Arcology.jpg

Cyberlords+Arcology+2.jpg

It's almost like Shadowrun or Baldurs Gate having a baby with Deus Ex. On your phone.

The controls are great and there's an option to freeze time to issue out commands on a per-character basis.

I played for an hour today, but reviews on its Market page boast about it taking 6-9 hours to complete.

There's a free version (fully featured, but has an ad window) and the full version is currently on sale for ~$1.40.

Bottom line: get this game. It's a proper gaming experience done right. The controls are awesome.

Rlan

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that we're bringing Age Of Zombies to Android!

IPAD_GAME_mzl.tzqgzhcv.320x480-75.jpg
mzl.vxhhqbrx.320x480-75.jpg

It's actually out now -- for the Xperia Play only. It'll be out in about a month for other devices, which will help us test and make sure it works well on as many devices as possible.

Works wonders on the Xperia play though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaClC-oCwtw

Razorback

Recently a couple of friends and I released a game on the market. It's a simple tunnel racer but very responsive and smooth. The goal is to go through the most blue gates to gain more speed while avoiding the red and yellow ones. If you get a decent streak going you'll be flying so fast that time will start to run backwards.

f-0-82cef28803c27ca5eba750f12df9defc958deef7

ss-2-320-480-160-0-ee4fbf24e299022abef9b6e9b4dc92811545b9dd

ss-7-320-480-160-0-9e525f984df6b2f89081f2368188c9096f33ae48

ss-3-320-480-160-0-5cb1765c4ece63456ddabba699f15a39019c05c1

You can get it here.

KiKaL

Wow Razorback you are one of the people who worked on that? I played the beta and was really impressed. It gave me an F-zero vibe. Nice job

AndyD

aka andydumi
X Construction free on Amazon store today. Great little game and it plays flawless on my Thunderbolt.

41Pod%2BvuWBL.jpg

Anyone have any feedback with Gameloft's Oregon Trail, Shrek Kart and Let's Golf 2? Let's Golf came as a demo, but at $5, I want to make sure it has legs.

Donos

Really nice Razorback. It's still a little rough around the edges but i like it. Needs a better ship design.

HooDoo

Razorback PT said:
Recently a couple of friends and I released a game on the market. It's a simple tunnel racer but very responsive and smooth. The goal is to go through the most blue gates to gain more speed while avoiding the red and yellow ones. If you get a decent streak going you'll be flying so fast that time will start to run backwards.

You can get it here.

Looks nice, I don't know if I'll ever play it but I've downloaded it just for the sake of your stats. :)

Good luck.

Jtrizzy

I can't find Oregon Trail on their site, it keeps taking me to the same stupid mobile site with about 10 games that all look unplayable on a touch screen. Also would like Carmen San Diego.

Chris R

I tried to use PSX4Droid and all it did was hard reboot my phone each and every time :( Either the software was bad or it was trying to tell me my phone is a piece of shit that doesn't deserve to run cool shit like that since it is sooo old :(

Ashour

Rlan said:
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that we're bringing Age Of Zombies to Android!

IPAD_GAME_mzl.tzqgzhcv.320x480-75.jpg
mzl.vxhhqbrx.320x480-75.jpg

It's actually out now -- for the Xperia Play only. It'll be out in about a month for other devices, which will help us test and make sure it works well on as many devices as possible.

Works wonders on the Xperia play though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaClC-oCwtw
Loved this game when I played it on the PSP. Highly recommend.

Just wish it had more levels.

Grayman

BigNastyCurve said:
So sad this thread started in 9/2010 and is only 5 pages long. Attests to the shittiness that is the Android Marketplace (HTC Incredible owner here).
I have gone through the thread again and as someone who does not play many phone games, not even enough to know the typical controls, the thread is not too good at figuring out what games to try.

Razorback PT said:

f-0-82cef28803c27ca5eba750f12df9defc958deef7

ss-2-320-480-160-0-ee4fbf24e299022abef9b6e9b4dc92811545b9dd

ss-7-320-480-160-0-9e525f984df6b2f89081f2368188c9096f33ae48

ss-3-320-480-160-0-5cb1765c4ece63456ddabba699f15a39019c05c1

You can get it here.
Downloaded the free version to give this a try. The first two levels play well. The tilt controls feel good.

Anyone try the Majesty port for Android? I just saw it last night on the Amazon store and it had some decent reviews

I played the crap out of Majesty 2 on the PC... it would be awesome if they were able to match that experience on Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom