• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread New OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabsina

mj1108 said:
Wish more people would post QR codes with the games they post....

Not sure if this was in part directed at a similar post to mine (with just appbrain links)

but within the appbrain links there are QR codes, or alternatively you can install the apps to your phone OTA from the website itself.. i personally prefer appbrain links over QR codes

Nice work but needs a much stronger op. I can help whip up some screens/QRs for some of the better Android titles. Here's a massive list I had previously.

Some recommends, bolded some standouts imo (appbrain yourself; too many):

Puzzlers:
Wordup!
Cubes
4 teh birds
NumNom
Box Prince
MagicGem
Bebbled
Super Slyder
Symbolism
Moblox
Space Physics
Hyperspace
TrafficJam
Frozen Bubble
Bonsai Blast
Open Sudoku

RPG:
Zenonia
Caligo Chaser
Crusade of Destiny

Action:
Speedx 3D
ThrottleCopter
4 Player Reactor

FPS:
Kwaak 3 (Quake 3 Port)
ToonWarz
NOVA
Modern Combat

Strategy:
Cestos 2 (Online Multiplayer)
Robo Defense
Angry Birds
Transformers G1

Leave Devil Alone
Mechanics Touch
Guns 'n' Glory
Pocket Empires (MMO)
Air Control Lite

Shooter:
Mini Squadron
ProjectINF (MMO)
OverKill

Platformers:
Replica Island
Jumpy

Abduction
Abudction 2
Hyperactive Ninja
Dynamo Kid
Yokiyo
Unique Rabbit

Classic:
Pac Man

Racing:
MotoX Mayhem
Asphalt 5
Raging Thunder 2
Pulse Racer

Sports:
Flick Kick Field Goal
Backfreaker
Play! Curling

Sim/Casual:
Papaya Farm
Papaya Fish,
Barrr
Kitchen Run
Pixel Chaos Pro

joelseph

Alchemy can 't be recommended enough!

Here is what the best version looks like:

Top-Android-Game-Alchemy-Element-Home.png

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
joelseph said:
Alchemy can 't be recommended enough!

Here is what the best version looks like:

Top-Android-Game-Alchemy-Element-Home.png
I dont get the point to this game :lol

Did I miss some sort of instructions or do I try to make something?

Futureman

Angry Birds is missing two whole worlds compared to iOS version, correct?

I assume those will be in the paid update Rovio mentioned.

bathala said:
I thought its a getjar promotion that's why its free, but I guess the game is free

Free version has ads. And as I just mentioned, missing two worlds.

Two fun games I just came across and took for a test drive:

Beats, Advanced Rhythm Game (Free)

JPTPQ.jpg

DDR-like for your fingers. It's a solid game, comes with a few songs and has .sm support with links on where to download more files. Arrows go to the rhythm, no lag, accurate controls, it's a really solid choice if, like me, you've been waiting for a music game on Android and dig this kind of thing.

Unique Rabit (Free)

s1qZD.jpg

Free sidescrolling platformer. The art is really gorgeous and there's an occasional 3d effect between platforms which adds to the visual candy. It's a simple in it's level design, the challenge comes more from comboing your jumps on enemies and not falling/dying. I like Jumpy more but it's enjoyable.

vareon

Corran Horn said:
I dont get the point to this game :lol

Did I miss some sort of instructions or do I try to make something?

The "goal" is to open all the Elements (300 of them) by combining them.

For example, combining Fire and Water gets you Alcohol, combining Alcohol and Water gets you a Vodka IIRC. Or something like that.

Much more interesting stuff opens as you progress, though.
Life + Mushrooms = 1UP, 1UP + Eggs = Yoshi
:lol

KamenSenshi

Been grabbing a lot of droid games and was wondering. if anyone knew of a good upcoming rpg or maybe if Chaos Rings would ever get over. Like no rpgs here. Just using that one for an example since there already is Zenonia.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
cool thread.

I bought the full version of air control but now the old maps arent working right, maybe it's my phone, idk.

soccer superstars is fun but I just don't like real games with a touch screen. Super K.O. is great though, the punch out clone.

Kafel

Banned
Hey guys I'm getting a new phone this afternoon. I'm thinking about maybe buying a HTC Wildfire.

I'll be able to play everything mentioned here ? Thx.

Leonsito

Kafel said:
Hey guys I'm getting a new phone this afternoon. I'm thinking about maybe buying a HTC Wildfire.

The Wildfire has half the cpu speed of the N1 or the Desire, maybe you will have some fps issues in graphical intense games, and I don't know if it will get the Android 3.0 update in a couple of months ..

But you will be able to play everything that we talk about here at the moment, Angry Birds, Alchemy.. etc

Kafel

Banned
Leonsito said:
The Wildfire has half the cpu speed of the N1 or the Desire, maybe you will have some fps issues in graphical intense games, and I don't know if it will get the Android 3.0 update in a couple of months ..

But you will be able to play everything that we talk about here at the moment, Angry Birds, Alchemy.. etc

Thank you. Maybe I'll get another Android phone then. I was thinking about the Sony X10 Mini Pro but I guess the tiny screen might create problems.

Kafel said:

No, I think it has more RAM but the same CPU as the HTC Hero, most 2D games here should be fine, but 3D games are a no-no, even some of the most simples I tried are almost unplayable.

And actually the screen is pretty bad, QVGA 320x240 resolution, for example, Angry Birds dosn't work on Wildfire.

I'm happy with the phone for the price I paid and what I could afford it's nice, but if you're really interested in Android gaming, you should look other options.

I was thinking about the Sony X10 Mini Pro but I guess the tiny screen might create problems.

If i'm not wrong the Mini Pro screen is the same resolution as the Wildfire.

AndresON777 said:
Idk if I would get the xperia. I have the x10 and it's still running android 1.6. I think 2.1 is coming out soon in europe but there's no telling if it's ever getting 2.2 much less 3.0

Yeah, I think the X10 mini pro it's a worse choice than the Wildfire, Wildfire has an slightly worse CPU but has 3 times more RAM.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Kafel said:
Thank you. Maybe I'll get another Android phone then. I was thinking about the Sony X10 Mini Pro but I guess the tiny screen might create problems.

Idk if I would get the xperia. I have the x10 and it's still running android 1.6. I think 2.1 is coming out soon in europe but there's no telling if it's ever getting 2.2 much less 3.0

Fox Mulder

I recently got an incredible, but when the fuck is popcap getting on this platform? I need some plants v zombies and peggle

bkfount said:
I recently got an incredible, but when the fuck is popcap getting on this platform? I need some plants v zombies and peggle

They announced support for the Droid platform some time during the beginning of this year, but haven't released anything ;( Really wondering if they are actually going to put out something at all.

I haven't played any of the other versions (is it on anything other than iOS?), but so far this seems more polished than most Android games I've played.

The first two times I ran it, it gave me some error about a license number and exited, so I was about to return it, but the third time it ran fine and I haven't seen that problem again.

Borman

Im on Year 5, and havent had any issues. Loaded up first try on my evo, and plays like the iOS version. Love it!

Jtrizzy

been playing the dev story game for a while...its great. Does it matter which person on my team I use the boosts for?

kiryogi

Banned
Zero issues here, and I'm like 8 years in. Man my company is the niche hit company or something. The most I've ever done in sales was 300k and currently im primarily a PCFX developer. Trying to make the money to develop for the SNES :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom