• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Wear |OT| 2nd Gen is Here

asdad123

Wait Best Buy is selling the moto 360 today? Every article I've read says that they won't have it for sale until next Sunday.

Jzero

Are you able to control your music app with these? Like play/skip etc?

Yes, even Spotify.

Wait Best Buy is selling the moto 360 today? Every article I've read says that they won't have it for sale until next Sunday.

Yesterday they said they would be available today but then they changed their minds.

My theory is that they have them in stock but they can't sell them yet. A couple of people are posting photos on instagram of their watch that they bought from Best Buy today.

Jzero, what city do you live in? I work at Best Buy, and I could look-up what stores currently have them, and when they might get them in.

asdad123

None at the three Best Buys that I check. I checked the two in Paramus NJ yesterday and the one in Woodland Park today. None even on display.

I would have loved to see one in person just to see the size.

Still can't decide on the black/silver, but Im leaning towards black.

Jzero

None at the three Best Buys that I check. I checked the two in Paramus NJ yesterday and the one in Woodland Park today. None even on display.

I would have loved to see one in person just to see the size.

Still can't decide on the black/silver, but Im leaning towards black.

Dude it's beautiful in person compared to my Gear Live. They have a real one on display in the special Best Buy Mobile stores at malls.

I think the silver one looks classier but i kinda want the black one.

asdad123

Dude it's beautiful compared to my Gear Live. They have a real one on display in the special Best Buy Mobile stores at malls.

Hmm theres a best buy mobile store at the Garden State Plaza. Never thought to check that one out. Ill go there tomorrow after work to see it. Hopefully they have it in stock too lol.

I don't mind ordering one and waiting for it, but I can't even find a place to order it haha.

markot

Banned
People are falling over themselves to buy a bad product that rests mostly on its 'appeal'? Jeez, imagine what the iwatch launch will be like.

usctrojan

Looking forward to getting one of these next week. Doesn't really seem "bad" to me. I navigate around the city a lot and it will be cool to see live directions on my wrist if I need them. Also, looks to be a decent watch too.

I've been using a Gear Live for about a month now, and it has turned out to be really useful. The convenience it provides really spoils you. But I think it depends on what kind of email volume you have and how busy your schedule is. If you don't get a lot of emails and/or don't have a lot of stuff on your schedule its probably not that useful.

The biggest drawback is that the Gear Live is ugly. The Moto 360 and that round LG watch are tempting though. I'll never wear one of these over my regular watches to a social event, but they certainly have a place in my watch collection.

Jzero

People are falling over themselves to buy a bad product that rests mostly on its 'appeal'? Jeez, imagine what the iwatch launch will be like.

Android Wear smart watches are handy as hell, the only people i see talking shit are people who have no need for one. It's like a male talking about purchasing tampons, if you don't need to buy one then shut the hell up. (not aimed at you specifically)

The biggest drawback is that the Gear Live is ugly.
I feel the same way about my Gear Live. I hate being asked if i'm wearing an iPod. That's why i like the Moto 360.

My order from best buy should be coming in tomorrow, Monday. I can't wait.

I haven't even received my tracking number yet.

markot

Banned
Im judging by reviews of the moto. A good product is a good product. All android watches thus far are not those.

Jzero

By the way, this is a must have watch face. I have it on my gear live but it doesn't look as cool without a round watch.

iGTQrGyvkOFgz.jpg

That looks so rad, haha.

I really want a Moto360, but that battery life scares me! I just need it to last the day, thats it, 1 day, like 16-18 hours.

spwolf

basically half assed iWatch will win this competition easily. Pretty face and good battery is all it takes. Nobody is even discussing functionality right now.

SimleuqiR

basically half assed iWatch will win this competition easily. Pretty face and good battery is all it takes. Nobody is even discussing functionality right now.

Moto almost nailed it. But they should have gone with a better processor and maybe charge a little more? I think people would still have bought it at a higher price as long as there were very little negatives about the hardware.

Looking forward to what Apple has in store tomorrow. Though I will never buy the product, though it will have Android support, I'm still looking forward to it.

Jzero

Fucking lol. At least wait until the product details are released.

spwolf

Fucking lol. At least wait until the product details are released.

it wasnt my intention to presume that iWatch will be half assed... i was just saying that even half assed one with good design and good battery life automatically wins this round.

spwolf

Moto almost nailed it. But they should have gone with a better processor and maybe charge a little more? I think people would still have bought it at a higher price as long as there were very little negatives about the hardware.

Looking forward to what Apple has in store tomorrow. Though I will never buy the product, though it will have Android support, I'm still looking forward to it.

Moto only nailed the looks, somewhat. But hardware is awful and battery life is even worse.
So Moto should have put proper SoC inside and doubled the battery.

I did not know that iWatch will have Android support... is that going to happen?

SimleuqiR

Moto only nailed the looks, somewhat. But hardware is awful and battery life is even worse.
So Moto should have put proper SoC inside and doubled the battery.

I did not know that iWatch will have Android support... is that going to happen?

I meant to write that it will NOT have android support, whereas Android Wear could still be done on iOS via an app and bluetooth.

Jzero

it wasnt my intention to presume that iWatch will be half assed... i was just saying that even half assed one with good design and good battery life automatically wins this round.

Too bad the iWatch looks like dick.

Do we know how long the charge time is on the 360? I wouldnt mind knowing all the Android Wear charge times actually.

My Gear Live takes about two hours to fully charge.

spwolf

Too bad the iWatch looks like dick.

yeah... but it might pave a way to other wearables... right now all of them look like crap overall, either ugly or poor battery life.

As usual, iWatch will sell a lot better just because.

Aiii

So not worth it
yeah... but it might pave a way to other wearables... right now all of them look like crap overall, either ugly or poor battery life.

As usual, iWatch will sell a lot better just because.
Not so sure about that. iPhone is on the decline and keeps getting more and more expensive, now including another accessory that starts at 350 bucks?

Meanwhile, stock Android is damn near getting perfect, Nexus device cost half of what an iPhone cost and Android wearables are cheaper too (and already have two devices that arguably look better than the Apple Watch).

Apple might just be pricing themselves right out of the market quickly.

TxdoHawk

Apple might just be pricing themselves right out of the market quickly.

The inflated $349 price is classic "new Apple gadget" territory. You can always drop the price without protest, raising it is another story.

Safe to say that right now, the smartwatch market is 99% enthusiasts, so I don't see another $100 dissuading early adopters. After all, we are all basically paying to beta test wearables while companies figure out what the hell to do with them. :)

Edit: No Moto 360 owner pictures? Did nobody get theirs yet?

SimleuqiR

The inflated $349 price is classic "new Apple gadget" territory. You can always drop the price without protest, raising it is another story.

Safe to say that right now, the smartwatch market is 99% enthusiasts, so I don't see another $100 dissuading early adopters. After all, we are all basically paying to beta test wearables while companies figure out what the hell to do with them. :)

Edit: No Moto 360 owner pictures? Did nobody get theirs yet?

Seems like ton of people are buying it by how it's going on backorder.
My buddy at work wants to get one.

Got my 360 yesterday.. installed a pebble steel band.

Hopefully Moto will release a variety of metal bands..

Very happy with the device so far.

WO81IBl.jpg

asdad123

Just picked up a black Moto 360 at the Best Buy in Paramus NJ on route 17. They have one more silver one left.

One word: Gorgeous.

3phemeral

I was in for a 360 until all the hardware reviews came out for it. Plus, Artem's experience thus far has turned me off. I'd also consider an LG G Watch, but it doesn't have wireless charging, so 2nd gen it is! At this point, I'm thinking of just getting a dedicated workout band.

asdad123

I was in for a 360 until all the hardware reviews came out for it. Plus, Artem's experience thus far has turned me off. I'd also consider an LG G Watch, but it doesn't have wireless charging, so 2nd gen it is! At this point, I'm thinking of just getting a dedicated workout band.

Ive been reading XDA and Android Central forums of the 360 every day and people have been saying theyre getting 24 hrs/charge. Thats plenty enough for me.

Plus I had best buy credit to spend lol. Ended up costing me $150 out of pocket.

JVIDICAN

Got a black Moto 360 from Best Buy but I'm hoping to trade it out for the grey one before the 14 day exchange period is over.. any chance of this happening lol? Grey seems to be extremely limited as of now.

3phemeral

Ive been reading XDA and Android Central forums of the 360 every day and people have been saying theyre getting 24 hrs/charge. Thats plenty enough for me.

Plus I had best buy credit to spend lol. Ended up costing me $150 out of pocket.

If I still worked my old job where they would give every employee $50 Credit/mo for opting out of the packed parking complex, I would totally jump on it. It's mainly the choice of chipset which doesn't seem very future proof.

Jzero

If I still worked my old job where they would give every employee $50 Credit/mo for opting out of the packed parking complex, I would totally jump on it. It's mainly the choice of chipset which doesn't seem very future proof.
Technology isn't made to be future proof.

Anyways, Nevada flooding broke down the freeway so who knows when the fuck I'm getting mine. Fucking UPS

3phemeral

Technology isn't made to be future proof.

I was being hyperbolic, but I thought the point was obvious. With the chip they chose, from a majority of reviews, it seems it was obsolete even before they released it. At least in other cases, some devices at least hold up well enough to receive further updates to extend its lifespan.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Got a black Moto 360 from Best Buy but I'm hoping to trade it out for the grey one before the 14 day exchange period is over.. any chance of this happening lol? Grey seems to be extremely limited as of now.

Do you know if BB has the 360's out on display?

Top Bottom