• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie Trailer #2; Digital release set for Sept. 2, 2014

taco543

I can't wait I'm going to see it in San Diego on the 24th I hope he signs my copy of Dr jekyll and Mr Hyde. Also speaking of seeing it is there going to be a gaf meet up for any of the live showings of the movie? Anyone know?

Card Boy

Banned
Whos the cute redhead in the movie? I still got my AVGN signed photo hanging on my wall from the Indiegogo campaign, it's my Iwata/Reggie photo. I don't care if the movie turns out crap i wanted to support James for all the free entertainment over the years.

ElTopo

Banned
Been a long time fan since the Friday the 13th NES review and like the first trailer this didn't make me laugh.

Regardless of how good it ends up being, I'm just happy for James that it was completed.
Trailer looks decent though.

Agreed. I'd like to see James move on (with hopefully one true, final, good AVGN episode to wrap things up) and make another film. He has the technical know how and the connections. I want to see him make something outside from video games and the Nerd character. I would expect a horror film from him next.

Brunobi02

Neo Member
Just picked up 2 tickets for the landmark in LA. Been following James for a long time and I'm happy he made his dream come true.

Dipz

Banned
Wish I could get tickets to the Egyptian theater showing in LA this month. No idea what I'll be up to on the Thursday in August when this returns to LA.

Metal-Geo

The use of practical effects is amazing. I think James knew exactly what kind of movie he was making.

And I'm really happy for him to finally make one of his biggest dreams come true. Guy 's a fighter for his work.

eXistor

Not gonna lie, I think the movie looks pretty shitty, but I'm glad he was able to finally make it. I hope this means he'll finally be going back to making good AVGN's again, not these half-baked episodes these past few years.

I'm glad I backed this movie though, James has given me hours of entertainment and asking nothing in return. It really helps that he comes across as a genuinely good and decent person in real life, so I'm glad I could help in making his dream come true even a little.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Not gonna lie, I think the movie looks pretty shitty, but I'm glad he was able to finally make it. I hope this means he'll finally be going back to making good AVGN's again, not these half-baked episodes these past few years.

If anything, this will be the swan song.

Mr-Joker

Banned
If this was in 2008 I might have been excited to watch but now, ehhh I don't feel anything after watching the trailer.

However I will give James credit for following his dream and actually succeeding with it.

Who's the cute redhead in the movie?

Supposedly his on-screen girlfriend.

If anything, this will be the swan song.

Personally I would say it was Episode 100.

I'd buy tickets to the Atlanta one if he was going to be there, but that's a six hour drive to watch a shitty movie with no James or Mike. Hell, I'd rather meet Kyle or Bootsy.

thefro

The Youtube link is up now

I want it to not suck, because I love the good AVGN videos, but it just looks terrible.

Here's a bit of a mini-review from the Fantastia Film Festival (I presume they had to submit a rough cut to get included):

Simon Laperrière said:
The lure of the big screen came calling, and Rolfe met the challenge with the inventive and off-kilter homage to B-grade cinema. ANGRY VIDEO GAME NERD: THE MOVIE retains all the elements that made Rolfe’s web series so successful — his delirious tirades and corrosive commentaries, and a streak of humour comparable to Lloyd Kaufman’s are all in the coding, here. The film holds equal appeal for neophytes as a BLUES BROTHERS-style road movie that Rolfe carries capably with his Buster Keaton-esque comic turns. And yes, rest assured, Rolfe’s crafty critiques make their way into this love letter to genre classics!

Whos the cute redhead in the movie? I still got my AVGN signed photo hanging on my wall from the Indiegogo campaign, it's my Iwata/Reggie photo. I don't care if the movie turns out crap i wanted to support James for all the free entertainment over the years.

Sarah Glendening. She was on a couple soap operas before this film.

Will he change the plot because of the Microsoft dig?

I think they may have moved the digital release up to beat the Microsoft documentary out. It's funny, you'd think the
Cockburn, Inc.
fake company was referencing the Microsoft documentary now.

Having watched a lot of Troma films, it obvious what Rolfe is going for here. I talked to him about it for a few minutes at TooManyGames, and he was just so happy to have it done and see it selling out. James is a genuinely awesome dude, and i think, for what he was trying to make, the movie should be dumb fun.

I'm happy that he is following his dreams. But this trailer made me cringe. Very poor quality, even for low budget.

It's like someone made it for a college youtube project...... only it cost 300k.

Intru

It looks so awesomely terrible. I can't wait to see it.

If you're expecting it to be anything other than a terribly cheesy movie you're going to have a bad time. James loves those kinds of movies, and probably took a ton of inspiration from them.

No it's not, and all things considered (quality cast and production values), that movie is a fucking wonder to be made for less than one million.

I'll concede that the film looks surprisingly good for as cheap as it was, but that speaks more to the talent of the crew and capabilities of inexpensive equipment at this point.

As a diehard horror fan, it's rote and painfully tedious.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It's premiering right now at the Egyptian Theater in LA. Hope it goes over well.

XFaJloX.png

Top Bottom