• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

Hobohodo

On the subject of Razmos' ability, could it just be as simple as allowing select townies a way to talk during the night? For those who he has invited it does give them something to do during the night phase after all.

Ourobolus

Banned
On the subject of Razmos' ability, could it just be as simple as allowing select townies a way to talk during the night? For those who he has invited it does give them something to do during the night phase after all.
Right, but then what? If someone in there is HHA, I can't imagine them saying much, unless the gossip themselves is HHA, but that's a pretty precarious position. Haly mentioned a "hidden voting bloc," but they would need a plurality, plus they would have to convince everyone else - at least until the end of the game (when they can be convinced that they have more votes than whatever is left..but it seems weird that the HHA would be so close together). And even then, I don't see what they would gain that they couldn't really share with the rest of us in the public forum.

That said, I think Razmos's role could be useful, I just have no idea how.

Kalor

Right, but then what? If someone in there is HHA, I can't imagine them saying much, unless the gossip themselves is HHA, but that's a pretty precarious position.

That said, I think Razmos's role could be useful, I just have no idea how.

I doubt that Razmo is HHA as HHA have no need to communicate through a specific role since they have their own private forum to communicate already.

In terms of voting for today, I don't know who I want to vote for since quite a few people stick out. I'm just going to throw my vote out now as voting is the best way to encourage discussion however I'm not committed to this vote yet.

VOTE: nin1000

Darryl

Banned
This makes your whole post weak. Look at our post history. Darryl is high on my list of potential HHA, in fact he was one of the first to target me, before everything shifted over to HippieHobo.

I've been trying to keep the ball rolling, any way that I can. That's why I'm pushing for people like you and Hippie, and not people like Haly. It seems like the biggest asset the HHA has is the indecision of the group. Punish people for voting. Make nobody want to vote. Discourage discussion. Pick off the nobodies.

I'm going to make it known that right now you are playing yourself off as some kinda victim of the system. We both know that back when those votes were placed, we were all going off very little information. You guys can keep pushing this bandwagon "lead" all you want, but let's make this a little bit less transparent. It comes off to me as trying to cut off real discussion.

Here's the way I see Razmos' role.

For those three people around him, it provides an avenue for them to confirm their innocence to one other player in the game without having to make their [special] role public. In return, Razmos has his role confirmed through them as the gossip. It could have been used in secret, but since it doesn't add much advantage to keep his role a secret, Razmos simply came out and said he was the gossip.

What I'm actually pretty sure of is that one of those three people that Razmos can communicate with is indeed HHA. Why? Well, simply because Kark would have designed this to be a sort of game within a game. The gossip's chat provides an avenue for players to confirm their innocence, but what if they're not innocent? The content of each of these players' conversations would be telling of their allegiance - whether they're admitting to having a town-aligned special role or trying to deflect from the fact that they're HHA by admitting nothing. Razmos is relatively unsuspicious because his role is pretty inoffensive; it certainly feels like a town-aligned role, so there's little reason for a town-aligned player to hide his role from Razmos as best-case scenario he can vouch for these players and worst case scenario he can out them as town-aligned, but still protect them from being evicted by town vote. His behavior thus far of protecting what has been said in chat has at least supported that he's protective of these people in public, whether he's HHA or not; that behavior is consistent with what a town-aligned player would do.

I am almost 100% certain that one of those three players is HHA because that would give Razmos' role a legitimate purpose, which is to out that one HHA member around him. And, actually, I've narrowed it down to just two based on what Razmos has said about his chats so far.

Actually, heck, we may have enough information to settle this right now. I think what would seal the deal is the content of his chat with Timeaisis.

TL;DR: Razmos' ability is most likely intended to out one of three players as HHA: Timeaisis, Hobohodo, or Darryl

Mazre

ER- Thanks for joining us and thank you for your input this weekend, it's much appreciated.

Re Razmos's Role- It's an interesting role from the standpoint that it doesn't have the direct impact commonly seen in power roles. It's also notable that it's a role that can be revealed and confirmed while not necessarily drawing immediate heat. Beyond that there are probably a number of creative applications depending on the role holders alignment. Of course, like our daytime deliberations, these options are ultimately dependent on trust, something in short supply for all of us.

Another thought, what happened with Mazre's role? He brought it up on the first day phase then it hasn't been mentioned since.

Nothing new to report here, used it day 1 and day 2. Not currently planning to use it today. As predicted it's utility has so far proven questionable. I do not currently plan to use it today.

ER- Thanks for joining us and thank you for your input this weekend, it's much appreciated.

Re Razmos's Role- It's an interesting role from the standpoint that it doesn't have the direct impact commonly seen in power roles. It's also notable that it's a role that can be revealed and confirmed while not necessarily drawing immediate heat. Beyond that there are probably a number of creative applications depending on the role holders alignment. Of course, like our daytime deliberations, these options are ultimately dependent on trust, something in short supply for all of us.

Nothing new to report here, used it day 1 and day 2. Not currently planning to use it today. As predicted it's utility has so far proven questionable. I do not currently plan to use it today.

Hmm since it's of questionable utility, and if you profoundly believe it won't put a target on your back, maybe you should share what it is. Perhaps others can come up with a different way to use it that you haven't thought of?

Mazre

Hmm since it's of questionable utility, and if you profoundly believe it won't put a target on your back, maybe you should share what it is. Perhaps others can come up with a different way to use it that you haven't thought of?

I'll keep it under consideration but currently my inclination is to just let it be for now.

I'm willing to believe Raz is by a HHA as well.

Claimed Power Roles
Mazres - Doesn't want to reveal details of his role
Razmos - Gossip (Confirmed by Time and Darryl)
Ultron - Troublemaker
Fran - Claims he can prove he is town
HippieHobo - Mayor
Kalor - IDK
Foshy - Ability Unknown - Similar limitations as Razmos

I'm willing to bet one or more of the above are mafia. I think Raz is safe. I looked over it twice, but can't seem to find the post where Kalor roleclaimed? I may have just skimmed over it. Has Kalor went into any more detail about his role that can help us? One of Kalor's reason for voting for Hippie was because his role would be detrimental to town (like Haly argued about). Ultron's role is way more harmful to town than HH's was. I think Maz,Kalor should shed some more info on their roles, but especially Fran, since he says he can prove he is town.

Vote: Fran/Ultron

Votes so far

NIN100 - 3
LaunchpadMcQ
Kalor
SalvaPot

FREAKZILLA149 - 1
R̶o̶b̶o̶t̶N̶i̶n̶j̶a̶H̶o̶r̶n̶e̶t̶

21GunShow - 1
RobotNinjaHornets

FRANCONP/ULTRON - 1
EzekelRAGE

Also, forgot Foshy as well. Think doing the roomies gives us more info to look at possibly. With how little we are learning from ppl who have claimed town power roles, Ultron's ability would work against us.

Curious to know what Maz's ability is since he is contemplating not using it at all.

My main problem with Raz being HHA is it just doesn't make sense. What information could he possibly gain from his role? he would already know who all the townies are. What's more, he's shared some of the information he's gotten already publicly, which he wouldn't have to do if he were hoarding this info for HHA use (especially information that supports the innocence of another player). He wouldn't even need mention it at all, really. It doesn't add up.

On the other hand, for his role to have some utility, it has to fall within the confines of his range restriction - so the roles of these three players around him almost certainly have something to do with his role; the placement is not a coincidence and I don't think it's as useless as it appears.

Nin1000 is a safe choice for this round based solely on suspicious behavior, but I am almost certain there's something to be knocked loose around Raz.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'll throw my lot in with Ezekiel for now. It's time we learned what the roommates were about.

Vote: Francorp/Ultron

nin1000

Banned
Nin1000 is a safe choice for this round based solely on suspicious behavior, but I am almost certain there's something to be knocked loose around Raz.
I hope i get an apology in Form of a love letter after i have been evicted :*
I still cant comprehend how i am now the target of so many. My actions wäre solely in the mind of the town wo Theres that. No reason to act that way and evict me right away.
How dare you throw me under the bus salva , i thought we were a Team !

Any reason why not? Is there a downside to it being used each day, worried people are watching?

Kalor

I looked over it twice, but can't seem to find the post where Kalor roleclaimed? I may have just skimmed over it. Has Kalor went into any more detail about his role that can help us? One of Kalor's reason for voting for Hippie was because his role would be detrimental to town (like Haly argued about). Ultron's role is way more harmful to town than HH's was. I think Maz,Kalor should shed some more info on their roles, but especially Fran, since he says he can prove he is town.

I wasn't sure on what post I apparently claimed a role in as I haven't purposely tried to say anything about my role yet. However, I will detail my role a bit since you asked. I was planning on revealing right after the day started but I've been debating on how it is best used. First off, I am a Light Sleeper, am town aligned and have a passive night action. I get information about the 8 squares surrounding me (5 since I'm on the edge of the map). Remember when Tucah died and thsir role mentioned another role that watches for activity at night, that's me. I was the first person to mention the role in D2 to make sure people didn't miss it.

I don't get specific information on who does what at night, I only get a general message saying there was activity in my area. Since I don't get specific information, I'm ok on revealing what I got so far.

N1: There was activity in my area
N2: There was no activity.

This is the strangest pair of results I could get but I guess that is why my role is where it is on the map. I have ideas about who was active N1 but I want to hear other peoples ideas first. I've been hesitant on claiming as if HHA are in my area, this makes me a target but its better if this information is out there.

I wasn't sure on what post I apparently claimed a role in as I haven't purposely tried to say anything about my role yet. However, I will detail my role a bit since you asked. I was planning on revealing right after the day started but I've been debating on how it is best used. First off, I am a Light Sleeper, am town aligned and have a passive night action. I get information about the 8 squares surrounding me (5 since I'm on the edge of the map). Remember when Tucah died and thsir role mentioned another role that watches for activity at night, that's me. I was the first person to mention the role in D2 to make sure people didn't miss it.

I don't get specific information on who does what at night, I only get a general message saying there was activity in my area. Since I don't get specific information, I'm ok on revealing what I got so far.

N1: There was activity in my area
N2: There was no activity.

This is the strangest pair of results I could get but I guess that is why my role is where it is on the map. I have ideas about who was active N1 but I want to hear other peoples ideas first. I've been hesitant on claiming as if HHA are in my area, this makes me a target but its better if this information is out there.

Huh. Mazre said his role has a night component right? Does this match up with your actions Mazre? Me, Haly and Kingkitty have all claimed standard townies, so if it doesn't match up, one of us is lying
not me

franconp

I think you can't vote for both of us, just one and the eviction takes us both.

Right now I'm about to leave for work, once I arrive there I will give info of my role.

Mazre

My main problem with Raz being HHA is it just doesn't make sense. What information could he possibly gain from his role? he would already know who all the townies are. What's more, he's shared some of the information he's gotten already publicly, which he wouldn't have to do if he were hoarding this info for HHA use (especially information that supports the innocence of another player). He wouldn't even need mention it at all, really. It doesn't add up.

On the other hand, for his role to have some utility, it has to fall within the confines of his range restriction - so the roles of these three players around him almost certainly have something to do with his role; the placement is not a coincidence and I don't think it's as useless as it appears.

Razmos role could be incredibly useful for HHA. While an HHA would already know who the townies are, gaining additional insights into their current thoughts/roles would be extremely valuable. Further the role provides an excellent opportunity for building trust, the best lies are based in some truth, the ability to have a demonstrable action and limited communication could be extremely potent tools if leveraged properly. It should be stressed that this is of course purely speculative, I do not currently suspect Razmos of being HHA.

Any reason why not? Is there a downside to it being used each day, worried people are watching?

There is a reason. As with any potential upside to my role there's a similar potential downside. Not major but more into the nature of it's overall utility. Very much tied into the reason for not going into specifics at the moment, timing is important and tipping my hand right now may or may not be of greatest use to the town.

Huh. Mazre said his role has a night component right? Does this match up with your actions Mazre? Me, Haly and Kingkitty have all claimed standard townies, so if it doesn't match up, one of us is lying
not me

To clarify again my action is daytime. This has a side effect at night but I have received no indication that this is observable at night, my role PM did not mention as such in the manner that Tucah's did. My understanding is that it is not observable and assuming Kalor is telling the truth then these facts are not in conflict. Further, it would seem that Kalor's ability does not specify whether he is alerted upon someone taking action or being targeted by an action, or if it's both. It my be that you, Haly and KK are all normal townies and someone took an action in your direction at night.

Off to work now, probably only able to get a quick post at lunch, back this evening.

Foshy

I've read up on the events and I'm just gonna come clear and state that I'm town gossip too, just like Razmos. Ourobolus can confirm, as I invited him over on the last day phase. I've been staying over at my SO's house for the last few days irl so I forgot about the game again and didn't post anything in the private chat, so sorry about that again.

Everything Razmos said about his role applies to me too so I'm inclined to believe him, especially considering our relative positions on the map, with both of us having 3 neighbors and being on the opposite sides of the town, thus creating 2 separate gossip groups.

franconp

I don't think roleclaiming now is the best course of action but as I have been in the spot every day I will do it to clarify some things.

I'm an investigator. My role allows me to investigate anybody and learn what their roles are. Of course there is catch as I only get the name of the role and not a description of what it does. In some cases I can learn what the target's aligment is as it will be explained in the role's name (as Razmos or an ordinary townfolk) but in other cases I won't (as Tucah's role).

The first night I investigated Razmos and can confirm that his role is Town Gossip. And last night I investigated Timeaisis and, if he allows me, I can post what is role is.

So, one of the five players surrounding Kalor used an action on night 1, but not on night 2. That disproves that Mazre's action is detectable at night, since he's said he used it both nights.

Haly, RobotNinjaHornets, or kingkitty must have used an action on night 1. The question is, why didn't they use it on night 2? Also, b what effect did it have? I think these two things would lead us to who was active that night.

Haly and RobotNinjaHornets have claimed regular villagers, kingkitty hasn't claimed any roles.

As for a second town gossip, now is when I'm starting to think one of them might actually be HHA-aligned.

Remember when Tucah died and thsir role mentioned another role that watches for activity at night, that's me. I was the first person to mention the role in D2 to make sure people didn't miss it.

...but not you since Tucah isn't in your area, so there must be another 'Light Sleeper' or similar role given Tucah's role text?

A lot of info/roles coming out now! Seems with two Town Gossips there's precedent for some doubling up of roles - town and HHA versions of each?

nin1000

Banned
I don't think roleclaiming now is the best course of action but as I have been in the spot every day I will do it to clarify some things.

I'm an investigator. My role allows me to investigate anybody and learn what their roles are. Of course there is catch as I only get the name of the role and not a description of what it does. In some cases I can learn what the target's aligment is as it will be explained in the role's name (as Razmos or an ordinary townfolk) but in other cases I won't (as Tucah's role).

The first night I investigated Razmos and can confirm that his role is Town Gossip. And last night I investigated Timeaisis and, if he allows me, I can post what is role is.

Nooooooo! But its only day 2. i dont think roleclaiming that early was the best idea :(
I can understand that you felt some pressure but this means that you are out in the open.

Razmos

I've read up on the events and I'm just gonna come clear and state that I'm town gossip too, just like Razmos. Ourobolus can confirm, as I invited him over on the last day phase. I've been staying over at my SO's house for the last few days irl so I forgot about the game again and didn't post anything in the private chat, so sorry about that again.

Everything Razmos said about his role applies to me too so I'm inclined to believe him, especially considering our relative positions on the map, with both of us having 3 neighbors and being on the opposite sides of the town, thus creating 2 separate gossip groups.
Well well well, this is interesting.
If this is true, it's possible that our positions are mirrored, more or less. Considering how thought out this game was regarding positioning and roles, I'm actually rather suspicious of you now.

I very much doubt there would be 2 Town Aligned gossips, such a mechanic would be wasted on a scenario like that. Since having 1 mafia aligned gossip and one town aligned gossip would be more interesting.

Considering that I have already been investigated and revealed as a Town Gossip, and now with 3 witnesses to back that up. Suspicion kinda falls on you anyway, either you are also a gossip, but likely mafia aligned, or you are lying and using the details I gave to pretend that you are a gossip.

Even if Ourobolus was to confirm you, being a mafia you could have coordinated this beforehand so you would have a "witness"

Therefore:
VOTE: Foshy

nin1000

Banned
Well well well, this is interesting.
If this is true, it's possible that our positions are mirrored, more or less. Considering how thought out this game was regarding positioning and roles, I'm actually rather suspicious of you now.

I very much doubt there would be 2 Town Aligned gossips, such a mechanic would be wasted on a scenario like that. Since having 1 mafia aligned gossip and one town aligned gossip would be more interesting.

Considering that I have already been investigated and revealed as a Town Gossip, and now with 3 witnesses to back that up. Suspicion kinda falls on you anyway, either you are also a gossip, but likely mafia aligned, or you are lying and using the details I gave to pretend that you are a gossip.

Even if Ourobolus was to confirm you, being a mafia you could have coordinated this beforehand so you would have a "witness"

Therefore:
VOTE: Foshy
mEFb4Eh.jpg

Ourobolus

Banned

So I can confirm I did get an invite from Foshy, but I don't know his alignment. I'm inclined to believe he's town considering the lack of posts both here and in the private chat, though. But, that's just a hunch.

The rules clearly state I can't post things directly from the private chat here, but I can say that Karkador laid out 4 ground rules in his private chat post. Does that help confirm that I was in a chat?

Timeaisis

Well, since you just roleclaimed and you know my role. Go ahead and confirm what I am.

For the record, I'm not going to say what I am until franconp claims for me. Razmos knows my role, which I told him in our little nightly chat. So if there's any funny business, Razmos will be able to corroborate my story.

This way we should be able to clear you as a villager, if what you say is true.

Razmos

So I can confirm I did get an invite from Foshy, but I don't know his alignment. I'm inclined to believe he's town considering the lack of posts both here and in the private chat, though. But, that's just a hunch.

The rules clearly state I can't post things directly from the private chat here, but I can say that Karkador laid out 4 ground rules in his private chat post. Does that help confirm that I was in a chat?
Yep. I guess the idea of Foshy lying about his role isn't true, and that definitely makes me less suspicious of you.

Doesn't really change my suspicion that he might be a Mafia Gossip though.

franconp

Well, since you just roleclaimed and you know my role. Go ahead and confirm what I am.

For the record, I'm not going to say what I am until franconp claims for me. Razmos knows my role, which I told him in our little nightly chat. So if there's any funny business, Razmos will be able to corroborate my story.

This way we should be able to clear you as a villager, if what you say is true.

Your role is Ordinary Villager.

Razmos

Remember, being a town gossip does not necessarily imply someone is town.
Sure. I have no real way of proving that out I'm town, but I know that I AM town, and it is due to this that I have suspicions about Foshy.

If i'm correct that we have one mafia and one town gossip, then in my eyes it is whoever is more suspicious between me or Foshy.

Of course this would all blow up in my face if Foshy IS also Town, gets evicted, and then suspicion falls on me, in which case we'd be losing 2 town because of a hunch that I had, which would be very uncool.

Haly

So, barring a Timeaisis/Raz/Francorp HHA, I think we've confirmed our first townies?

Haly

Though I should note that there can be Mafia with limited investigative roles...

SalvaPot

Though I should note that there can be Mafia with limited investigative roles...

I said that about hippiehobo and see where it lead us, I think its time to thrust a little bit. Also, getting all HHA next to each other makes no sense.

Foshy

Sure. I have no real way of proving that out I'm town, but I know that I AM town, and it is due to this that I have suspicions about Foshy.

If i'm correct that we have one mafia and one town gossip, then in my eyes it is whoever is more suspicious between me or Foshy.

Of course this would all blow up in my face if Foshy IS also Town, gets evicted, and then suspicion falls on me, in which case we'd be losing 2 town because of a hunch that I had, which would be very uncool.

I mean, I understand your concerns. Just as you said though, I know I'm town-sided. I got someone to confirm my role, not sure there's much more I can do to get you to believe me.

I don't think you're HHA considering it was you who brought up the theory of there being both a town and mafia gossip, and if I'm evicted tonight and everyone can see that I'm villy-sided suspicion will inevitably fall on you. Doesn't make sense as a mafia move to me.

Rather than there being a mafia gossip, it seems more likely to me that there is at least 1 mafia around us who could potentially be invited and infiltrate one of the gossip chats. So I think it'd be worth taking a good look at the people surrounding us. On your side, Timeaisis was cleared, so that leaves Hobohodo and Darryl; on my side, only Ourobolus and nin1000 remain, as Tucah who was town-sided was evicted in the first night.

Kalor

VOTE: SalvaPot

What is your reasoning for voting SalvaPot? Just voting for someone won't make other people want to
evict them.

Since someone asked, I only get notified if someone performs an action, not if they are targetted. I also get notified by passive abilities.

Mazre

Lunch post, so gotta be quick, more to come this evening.

So, barring a Timeaisis/Raz/Francorp HHA, I think we've confirmed our first townies?

Still too early to confirm, more on that later.

Couple of questions:

franconp-
1. Why did you investigate Razmos on night 1?
2. Why did you abstain from casting a vote on day 2?

Razmos-
1. You invited Timeaisis day 1, darryl day 2, have you invited Hobohodo yet? If so would you mind stating when in this day phase you invited him?

Razmos

Lunch post, so gotta be quick, more to come this evening.

Still too early to confirm, more on that later.

Couple of questions:

franconp-
1. Why did you investigate Razmos on night 1?
2. Why did you abstain from casting a vote on day 2?

Razmos-
1. You invited Timeaisis day 1, darryl day 2, have you invited Hobohodo yet? If so would you mind stating when in this day phase you invited him?

I haven't invited Hobohodo yet, I'll probably do so today or tomorrow.

Top Bottom