• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Horizons is dominating the yearly amazon charts of 2020

WNx88Vo.jpg
US
XZuPLhx.jpg
Canada
RUgl0UP.jpg
UK
wmmpphD.jpg
Germany
A2sINF5.jpg
France

This isn't hourly based chart(useless, that most people here like to post to suggest their fav games perform well despite not knowing the context of the chart)

Vawn

Banned
I just don't get it.

I want to understand it. I do. I tried 40 to 50 hours before throwing in the towel. WTF am I missing? It's catching bugs and fish with very little motivation to do so.

So confused. But congratulations, I guess.

MrA

0why clean and decorate the house, do yard work, and plant trees when you can do it in a video game?
How does a mundane living simulator (as in living a mundane life, not that the simulator is mundane) work so incredibly well?

ZehDon

Gold Member
Well, my wife has watched so many let's plays and so much streaming of this one game that I've bought her a Switch and Animal Crossing for her birthday (still wrapped - she's in for a surprise!). It's not for me. It may not be for you. But damn if Nintendo didn't make a game that's absolute cat-nip for a huge number of people.

JimboJones

I just don't get it.

I want to understand it. I do. I tried 40 to 50 hours before throwing in the towel. WTF am I missing? It's catching bugs and fish with very little motivation to do so.

Millions also buy FIFA and Call of Duty every year, people like different things I guess.

I just don't get it.

It's The Sims with cute animals, quirky humor and gameplay that's at the same time more streamlined while also featuring more engaging systems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom