• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

-Arcadia-

Banned
Also, I just realized that the catalog actually sells new stuff you haven’t seen, this time around. It’s pretty wonderful if you’re still on the first shop — lots of clothes, furniture, etc., that you couldn’t get otherwise.

there is a duplication exploit out on youtube to make bells, it would break the game

but I wish someone who uses it on the AC collectors edition switch would give me one of those switch

mcjmetroid

Just to anyone knows. Anyone I've added on the switch I'm gonna make you my "best friend" on it so we can IM on the phone app to make things easier for communicating a game.

Don't be weirded out ;)

Code again is:
SW-0658-1443-9894

Mista

Banned
Someone mentioned wanting more screenshots. I agree. I wouldn’t want the thread to become drowned in images, but a few more of what everyone is up to would be fun.

I got my house today. Not... sure how this lives up to Animal Crossing decorating standards, but for being a collection of random things, two days in, I like it, lol.

ZzzpUOF.jpg

And... the interior needs some work. Lol. I can’t wait to get the bigger shop, so I can have some more furniture and wallpaper/carpet options to put together something really cool. Same for clothes, although I have some mail-order Nook Inc. outfits ( :messenger_expressionless: ) arriving tomorrow.

rSjDp1s.jpg
You opened a door that I hoped it will be closed forever. Now you got to deal with my lack of creativity 😈

cormack12

Gold Member
Sweet get up -Arcadia- -Arcadia-

This was my first night on the island. Fear, but opportunity.

GawSu9j.jpg

Ended up getting my first mortgage sorted and now live on the beach front. Inside is still a little bare but it's to be expected I guess

1D0Fd3h.jpg

tFiyr14.jpg

Got some exercise equipment on order with some better threads. Going for the James Dean look I think. So as a status and some questions.

Gulliver washed up on island but won't move. I also met a villager on another island and invited them here. I take it tomorrow they'll both be available as my islanders?
I'm 3 exhibits away from museum upgrade
I'm really wondering whether to plough all my Miles into the inventory upgrade. It's 5,000 though, and I only have 5,350 miles to spare.
Seem to be catching the same specimens- do these unlock just over time?

Jooxed

Gold Member
Friend list swap post:

Mista: 1032-8884-4034
Forsythia: 5671-3516-3609
Mcjmetroid: 0658-1443-9894
Hinedorf: 6527-9991-0593
T-Square: 8004 4534 8426
PhoReal: 8004 4534 8426
Cormack12: 5000-4553-8054
Nephew: 2749-2137-5791

We should make a Switch FC swap thread. so it doesn't get lost in the posts :)

Mista

Banned
Friend list swap post:

Mista: 1032-8884-4034
Forsythia: 5671-3516-3609
Mcjmetroid: 0658-1443-9894
Hinedorf: 6527-9991-0593
T-Square: 8004 4534 8426
PhoReal: 8004 4534 8426
Cormack12: 5000-4553-8054
Nephew: 2749-2137-5791
Did you add me? If you did whats your switch name?

Onikaan

Am I misremembering or is there a bonus to fruit if you plant it in the golden plots that are left from digging up bells? Is that right?

Pumpkin Nutz

Neo Member
Very productive morning so far.I’ve played less than 20 minutes today.
The Museum opened.
Paid off my house.
Donated the final 2 iron nuggets to complete the residents service area expansion.
Found 15,000 bells in a rock.
Found 15,000 bells in the ground.
Shot 25,000 bells out of the sky.
Went to a mystery island picked all the fruit and met Nate.
Invited Nate to live on my island.We also discussed pasgetti.
Sold the mystery island fruit for 30,000 bells.

cormack12

Gold Member
cormack12 cormack12 I just spoiled your nephew with fruit and stuff :D

Yeah he came downstairs before. He panicked and just planted everything at once in case it disappeared. He was proper made up though. First time off the island and he only had apples I think. Because we have the primary and secondary account thing I cant help him as it locks the local online out. Stupid.

Mista

Banned
Yeah he came downstairs before. He panicked and just planted everything at once in case it disappeared. He was proper made up though. First time off the island and he only had apples I think. Because we have the primary and secondary account thing I cant help him as it locks the local online out. Stupid.
I gave him bunch of fruit to grow :messenger_heart:

cormack12

Gold Member
I think I just fucked up. I gathered loads of fruit and shit and think I've planted them all too close. These rules are crazy for spacing and not clear.

ebevan91

Bought a bunch of turnips for 94 bells each. I'll be happy to make any profit off them.

Also, there's a lot more to do on day 3 than the first couple of days. Now I can access more of my island and I'm also crafting stuff to furnish homes.

Shantae

Banned
I'm on my third day, and still haven't found a recipe for just a flimsy axe or shovel, what the heck. I'm having to game the random islands and get them through the pilot still, which is kinda annoying.

I know animal crossing is all about doing things as a leisurely pace, but come on with this drip feed of stuff I can do. A friend of mine gave me a vaulting pole and ladder because I was tired of being cut off from the rest of my island...although I think he might've been time traveling.

ebevan91

Yes Sundays but I haven't seen her today

Really? She was literally the first character I saw today.

I'm on my third day, and still haven't found a recipe for just a flimsy axe or shovel, what the heck. I'm having to game the random islands and get them through the pilot still, which is kinda annoying.

I know animal crossing is all about doing things as a leisurely pace, but come on with this drip feed of stuff I can do. A friend of mine gave me a vaulting pole and ladder because I was tired of being cut off from the rest of my island...although I think he might've been time traveling.

Don't the Nooklings sell those?

Shantae

Banned
Don't the Nooklings sell those?
Not mine, mine only sell bug net, fishing pole, and water pale. Only thing of those I can't craft is a flimsy water pale. I've even got Nook's Cranny now, and I thought they might have more stuff like that, but nope.

This game is a fucking drug. I went in blind and dont even want to read any tips as a lot of stuff is so natural. I find myself walking around and just doing random shit lol. Im actually excited every morning to wake up to see my ordered stuff in the mail. Welp, there goes my life.

Top Bottom