• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

StayDead

List of tools I need

- Net, Watering Can, Slingshot

Tools I have spare

- 1 Shovel spare
- 1 Rod spare (going to LG)

EDIT: I'll hold on with the rod until tommorow see if servers are sorted, if not and you get one yourself I can give it elsewhere.

せっかくダウンロードしたのに
みんな寝てるだけど???
意味がわからない
俺は夜中にあそびてーんだよ!

I went to the effort of downloading it
but everyone's asleep?????????
I don't understand.
I wanna play at night!

lol

Izick

Wait, is this a while new AC game? I hadn't even heard of this until now! Any idea when it's coming to NA? It might be the final reason I need to get a 3DS XL.

Hey Gaf. Whaaats's happening. M'yeah. I'm gonna need you to go ahead and keep updating this thread until AC is released in the English speaking world next Spring so I can continue to live vicariously through you. Mmmkay? That'd be great. Thanks.

Just finished up playing for the day, having so much fun :D where is everybody getting these tickets from?

You can buy the fortune cookies (I think this is what you mean) from the tanunki store for 2 game coins (not bells). Eat the cookie, then trade it back at the store (second option when you speak to him) for your prize.

StayDead

With all of those one star reviews you would think some folks at 2ch are salts again over something.

I've been following the threads on and off and the reactions seem positive.

Someone guessed I was a foreigner after one of my awful posts though (shouldn't have posted what I did, was stupid) so I'm lying low without posting to hopefully avoid the ban. Other than that though, yeah I mean the reactions on there are really positive. Loads of people enjoying it so far it seems.

I've been following the threads on and off and the reactions seem positive.

Someone guessed I was a foreigner after one of my awful posts though (shouldn't have posted what I did, was stupid) so I'm lying low without posting to hopefully avoid the ban. Other than that though, yeah I mean the reactions on there are really positive. Loads of people enjoying it so far it seems.

They don't ban foreigners on 2ch. 2chan does that.

StayDead

My adventures for today.

8166985585_e13f6cf4f2_o.jpg

8166985645_77f6b7345a_o.jpg

8167014660_4b2af62f24_o.jpg

8166985499_6555c73103_o.jpg

EDIT:
They don't ban foreigners on 2ch. 2chan does that.

Seriously? I always thought 2ch did as well. Some boards block by IP.

syoaran

Awesome screens, glad everyone is having fun with it. Hopefully NOE/NOA will announce a release date soon, the estimated six month gap makes me a sad

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Downloaded this last night. It's my first Animal Crossing game and I have no idea what's going on. Everything is just so damn charming, though.

Time to read up on what you can actually *do* in this game!

BriBri

Likewise. What's the consensus on this versus City Folk? I already miss Totakeke's guitar. : (
I only ever really played the GameCube and DS versions (I do have the Wii version but have had my Famicom as my home console for the last few years) and obviously the NES games on the GameCube version rule the world but this is every bit as much fun as the DS version from first impressions. Actually it feels more charming. Love the shake up by being mayor and I'm looking forward to swimming in the water. Nothing groundbreaking but the 3D works well (not in your face) and I really feel like I'll put 100 hours into the game over time (and this is me struggling through the Japanese text at present, I absolutely can't wait to play the translated copy - didn't NOA say early 2013?).

StayDead

If there's one thing I'll say is a downside to having so much more content (shopping district wise and the mayor stuff) is that it seems to take a while to really get going to allow you to have/do everything as stuff comes at you incrementally. That's not a bad thing, but after watching the directs beforehand and seeing all the cool other shops it really makes me wish you could start with them all.

In the earliar games it wasn't too bad as you started with Abel/Nooks and that was all you were going to get (barely played City Folk so can't comment on the start), you kind of felt that you had all the tools avaliable for you to really get going, where as this time as I'm doing my mayoral tasks to go towards being a proper mayor and being able to do stuff, it seems I'm kind of hindered to go at a pace the game seems to have set itself.

Overall impressions however are really positive from me. I love it.

apricot

Ugh watching you all have so much fun is torture!! I want to join in! My copy's looking like it won't make it before the weekend :/

d+pad

Is it just me, or is the lighting in this version better/more attractive than that used in previous Animal Crossings?

Either way, it looks great. C'mon, NOA, bring this sucker to the US in early 2013!

hatchx

Banned
Is it just me, or is the lighting in this version better/more attractive than that used in previous Animal Crossings?

Either way, it looks great. C'mon, NOA, bring this sucker to the US in early 2013!

To me it just looks like cleaner, better texture work.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Well since I didnt hear from the marketplace hyena that I ordered from, I went and bought a DL card version. Currently in the process of downloading and whatnots.

Am still pondering on shitcanning the order or not and will buy a card version once a restock comes in.
deep sixed that order. So will just wait till a physical version comes in. Though do know my save data will be different.

I seriously hate marketplace sellers.

---

Looks like the DL is almost finished. :)

Top Bottom