• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want Katie (and, but not required, possibly have Katrina in town)?

I can open up for ya while I wait to see if I can sell my nips. I have Katrina in town too.

1547-5196-7398

Edit: Added you... can't be too chatty though. Trying to finish a report for work. :) Feel free to look around though. I'll just bump ya if I get the sell go ahead. *chuckles* Not without warning first. :p

Stat!

I can open up for ya while I wait to see if I can sell my nips. I have Katrina in town too.

1547-5196-7398

Edit: Added you... can't be too chatty though. Trying to finish a report for work. :) Feel free to look around though. I'll just bump ya if I get the sell go ahead. *chuckles* Not without warning first. :p

Alright. VIsiting you right now! (I really hope your Nagrand - T!)

Linius

Just got home from dinner, midnight over here now. I received six PM's I saw and I will read back the thread tomorrow and start editing everything in. Good to see everyone is willing to help and sharing knowledge.

Loved the lenghty Niraj post about how lovely we all our <3

SamuraiGarrin

Neo Member
I missed out on getting the first two Best Buy exclusive furnishings, as well as the first Spotpass DLC. Would someone please let me catalog their raccoon clock, cat tower, and rainbow screen? I have some fossils I could give you, or just bells if you prefer. PM me!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh so the flag everyone was giving Niraj flack for was the default one.

I changed my flag finally the other day since my first one was a quick temporary one. But I'll keep it a surprise for anyone who visits.

Tomorrow I may list all the items I have lying around if anyone wants them. Otherwise I'll likely sell them all just to get shot of them. They are the only thing holding me back from getting a perfect town most likely.

zroid

Banned
Oooh you should make one that has cherry blossoms on it. If so, I'd MIGHT change it to that for a bit.

<.<

hni_0002_jpgkurxy.jpg

So does TIY not sell fortune cookies anymore?

When I was ahead in August I had the misfortune of having all the fortune cookies replaced by fireworks every day I was in that month, so I figured it was like that every day. Turns out there will be days where only one is replaced.

I can count the days I have left this year in AC on one hand now, but I had a great time. Got to see what I am going to miss and even got to celebrate my birthday with all my favorite villagers. ACGAF has been awesome.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just got home from dinner, midnight over here now. I received six PM's I saw and I will read back the thread tomorrow and start editing everything in. Good to see everyone is willing to help and sharing knowledge.

Loved the lenghty Niraj post about how lovely we all our <3
I'll do the banners when I get the headings.

Linius

I'll do the banners when I get the headings.

One that says 'special visitors' is certainly one we need. I'm adding the pieces on Katrina, Redd etc. under that banner. Just PM when you're done.

And people keep posting in OT3. No mod is gonna close that?

Well, time for some sleep. The OT will get some proper attention tomorrow.

EDIT

Don't talk shit about my bro Julian, he's awesome! :p

MicH

I have been doing some experimenting with watering flowers on my physical copy of this game (TTing involved).

I started out with a single red and a single white rose. I initiated Beautiful Town and watered ONLY those two.

Next day I got a pink rose. I watered the three.

Next day two pink roses.

I'm now a little month in and I have way over 40 pink roses, ~10-15 purple roses (spawned off pink roses) and 3 black roses (also off pink roses).

I am now only watering the purple and black roses and get about 3-4 hybrids a day, often 2 purple and 1-2 pink.

Watering flowers definitely has an effect. The flowers I don't water pretty much NEVER spawn another flower.

It's gotten to the point where I have way too many pink roses, it is absolutely incredible.

So water the flowers you want to breed, people.

I have been doing some experimenting with watering flowers on my physical copy of this game (TTing involved).

I started out with a single red and a single white rose. I initiated Beautiful Town and watered ONLY those two.

Next day I got a pink rose. I watered the three.

Next day two pink roses.

I'm now a little month in and I have way over 40 pink roses, ~10-15 purple roses (spawned off pink roses) and 3 black roses (also off pink roses).

I am now only watering the purple and black roses and get about 3-4 hybrids a day, often 2 purple and 1-2 pink.

Watering flowers definitely has an effect. The flowers I don't water pretty much NEVER spawn another flower.

It's gotten to the point where I have way too many pink roses, it is absolutely incredible.

That might explain why I haven't been seeing many lately even though Philia set me up to succeed. Interesting...

zroid

Banned

yup I've been doing this for a while now. Only water the flowers that I want to breed. It definitely works. BTO is useful so you don't have to water the others.

MicH

yup I've been doing this for a while now. Only water the flowers that I want to breed. It definitely works. BTO is useful so you don't have to water the others.
I am seriously considering switching to BTO now to avoid getting more yellow tulips when watering my wilted ones. This makes it much easier to target the hybrids you want to get

Okay, guess, remember I asked for the Gulliver Items. Well, I got all 30 of them and 6 extra bonus spotlight items that you also could see as historical pieces.

Souvenirs from Gulliver:

- Ayers Rock
- Bagpipes
- Big Ben
- Conical Straw Hat
- Dala Horse
- Dream Catcher
- Eiffel Tower
- Gaudi's Lizard
- Gladiator Sandals
- Hula Doll
- Kinderdijk Windmill
- Manneken Pis
- Matryoshka
- Merlion
- Mermaid Statue
- Moai Statue
- Mouth of Truth
- Mummy's Casket
- Nutcracker
- Pagoda
- Red-Tasseled Lantern
- Rooster of Barcelos
- Samgyetang
- Shamrock Clock
- Sitar
- Skeleton Figure
- Statue of Liberty
- Tapestry
- Tribal Mask
- Tuk-Tuk

6 spotlight items:

- Arc de Triomphe
- Plate Armor
- Pyramid
- Samurai Suit
- Sphinx
- Tower of Pisa

Like I promised, there will be a cataloging party.

I'm preparing places for the stuff, but it will be nothing fancy. My town still needs a lot of work and and if I have to wait to throw this party till my town is done, well, it could be forever. :)

I'm planning to give this party a couple of times to give everyone a fair chance, because not everyone will be here at the same time, so worry not if you missed out on a occasion. It's also only 36 items to catalogue, so it will not take such a long time to catalogue these.

I think I'll start by tomorrow evening, but I'll make a post about it when I start, but I could take FC's already in preparation. Also, I'm from Europe, so there will be a time difference.

You can find my FC in my profile. Also please tell if you added me, so I can add you too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
People weren't already doing this? It's how I controlled the number of purple and orange roses I've got and how I easily grew a bunch of blue pansies.

BQngO60CYAIv3ui.jpg

BLACK(?) ROSE SPOTTED!

I think by Saturday, I should be getting my golden watering can. Then I can finally switch back to Night Owl and do some serious flower arrangements.

People weren't already doing this? It's how I controlled the number of purple and orange roses I've got and how I easily grew a bunch of blue pansies.

I've been so lazy... between doing everything I normally want to do... flowers have become the last thing because they're all over the place. I'm sooo itching to get my gold can so I can start chopping trees and moving stuff around again.

As I told Philia... I want my town to be full of bush and shafts. :D

Oh... and anyone know... if you been buying trees from Lief since the earliest he can open... if there an approx date we can expect our gold axes?

ramyeon

Yeah I thought this was common knowledge, that's how I've gotten my black roses until now. Not huge on flower arrangement for breeding but when I water the ones I want to breed it generally works. I've had less success after switching off beautiful town since I need to water more flowers (Withered ones).

MicH

They probably have. I wanted to see if there really was something about the talk.

Since I don't have BTO I've been watering every wilted flower and all my hybrids preventing them from wilting, so I haven't been able to target the flowers I want to breed. I might switch to be able to target my flower breeding better

From my experience it's also better to water just a few flowers instead of many to really target those few.

Animekatt

Thanks! It looks great.

Okay, guess, remember I asked for the Gulliver Items. Well, I got all 30 of them and 6 extra bonus spotlight items that you also could see as historical pieces.

I'm preparing places for the stuff, but it will be nothing fancy. My town still needs a lot of work and and if I have to wait to throw this party till my town is done, well, it could be forever. :)

I'm planning to give this party a couple of times to give everyone a fair chance, because not everyone will be here at the same time, so worry not if you missed out on a occasion. It's also only 36 items to catalogue, so it will not take such a long time to catalogue these.

I think I'll start by tomorrow evening, but I'll make a post about it when I start, but I could take FC's already in preparation. Also, I'm from Europe, so there will be a time difference.

Mind adding me? 0301 9820 0716

Oh... and anyone know... if you been buying trees from Lief since the earliest he can open... if there an approx date we can expect our gold axes?

It takes, what, 6 days for the shop to open when starting a new town?
For those who began June 9th, if you started buying saplings everyday upon opening, not counting the day when TIY was built, you should have it like...the 6th or 7th? Maybe?

Souvenirs from Gulliver:

Nicely done, looking forward to the party. :D

Wait people are paying 27 million bells for Julian?

*Walks around village with pitfall seeds outside Julian's house*

My god, thank god GAF hasn't gone as crazy, I see villager trading here and there but not as bad XD

Frogstep

Oh... Soft Shelled Turtles only found in river. No wonder I've been getting nothing this whole past hour, I was fishing in the ocean... >_>

Linius

Wait people are paying 27 million bells for Julian?

*Walks around village with pitfall seeds outside Julian's house*

My god, thank god GAF hasn't gone as crazy, I see villager trading here and there but not as bad XD

He goes for at least 30 every time I see a thread pass by. I'm glad he moved in with me for free.

Wolfe

Oh... Soft Shelled Turtles only found in river. No wonder I've been getting nothing this whole past hour, I was fishing in the ocean... >_>

I don't know what time zone you're in but don't forget that the turtles only show up between 5 pm and 8 am.

MicH

Gruff suggested a Brick Bridge instead of the Zen one I wanted. Not happy :(
In case you don't know, the zen bridge is actually called the wooden bridge. It looks amazing, so I hope you get it soon :D I only need the fairy tale bridge to have them all. Then I can finally build that third bridge

ramyeon

In case you don't know, the zen bridge is actually called the wooden bridge. It looks amazing, so I hope you get it soon :D I only need the fairy tale bridge to have them all. Then I can finally build that third bridge
Oh okay! Good to know, might have missed it otherwise.
:(
Maybe quit and try for it again?
I can only handle doing this once a day haha. Guess I'll just cut my losses and try tomorrow, with the brick one suggested now it makes the chances higher next time I guess :D

Just need to get it before anybody moves in and blocks where I want it to go :/

I'm so glad Nookling's were selling a trash can today! So useful for just trashing all this rustic furniture and putting my rooms back to the way I want them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom