• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animations in Games that make you Smile or Laugh/Facepalm. (Sometimes for no reason)

UnrealEck

giphy.gif

kanye-smile-frown-1431347822.gif

Don't ask me why. I honestly have no idea but these two get me literally every time without fail

Gnome male is funnier IMO.

Vlaphor

Ultra Street Fighter IV
tNS2Kxp.gif

I told you you'd catch a cold without pants, but noooo...

Knowing what I know about how dangerous and territorial hippos are, this is almost kind of a scary gif.

Edit to add in an animation that brings a smile.

tumblr_ns3irkvceY1tlc1q4o1_250.gif

Pretty much every emote by a female Lallafel in FFXIV. Tataru is one of my favorite characters in any video game.

Also always smiled while annoying people with the Foresaken /train emote in wow.

KiraXD

this is the dumbest thing ive ever seen, its not cool in any way, and i hope they never make a sequel.

jk... lol. I love Vanquish so FUCKING much... its the one game i pray for a sequel for, more than any other game ever... its seriously one of the coolest most stylized games, and all the animations in that game make me smile. i hope to christ we get a sequel some day.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
this one makes me smile, nod my head and think "Dark Souls is fucking awesome".

7a6.gif

It's gifs like these, that make the game look clumsy, clunky and slow that make me hate even the idea of ever trying a Souls game :/.

My favourite animation is the one of the ghost circles in New Super Mario Bros. U. I just can't stop laughing at the ghost sticking out his tongue looking slightly disturbed, he looks so damn hilarious. Cost me countless lifes and in particular tries in the Challenge mode. My wife thought I was going insane when I played a Mario game and for no apparent reason started to laugh.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
It's gifs like these, that make the game look clumsy, clunky and slow that make me hate even the idea of ever trying a Souls game :/

I'll give you slow since the gif is literally slowed down versus actual gameplay, but I'm not sure how that gif of all thinks represents clumsy or clunky.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I'll give you slow since the gif is literally slowed down versus actual gameplay, but I'm not sure how that gif of all thinks represents clumsy or clunky.
Even if it s slowed down (By how much? For the speed to be acceptable for me, it'd need to be at least factor 5 - ok factor 3, but 5 makes for a better pun) you can see that the system is absolutely not instant. From button press to conclusion of the corresponding movement takes a considerable amount of time. Even Bayonetta's slow & strong attacks don't take so much time to finish. Also the hitbox of the character looks to be not exactly tight. You can see in this situation two characters attacking each others where seemingly both actors miss their goal due to reduced controllability for a considerable amount of time after initiating an attack.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Even if it s slowed down (By how much? For the speed to be acceptable for me, it'd need to be at least factor 5 - ok factor 3, but 5 makes for a better pun) you can see that the system is absolutely not instant. From button press to conclusion of the corresponding movement takes a considerable amount of time. Even Bayonetta's slow & strong attacks don't take so much time to finish. Also the hitbox of the character looks to be not exactly tight. You can see in this situation two characters attacking each others where seemingly both actors miss their goal due to reduced controllability for a considerable amount of time after initiating an attack.

Well it certaintly isn't Bayo speed.

And not sure what you mean by both actors miss their goal. The bigger enemy misses with the sword stab (it's meant to show "good" dark souls hitboxes) but the jump attack by the player hits the enemy.

Anyway I won't continue this conversation since opening this thread feels like I'm ddosing myself ;_;

Top Bottom