• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

O-N-E

😭😭😭😭😭♥♥♥♥♥♥

EU_h_HOXsAAkAog

Lol, it's a chapter or 2 per hiatus.

I wouldn't be celebrating.

I bet he dives right back into Idolmaster when it releases.

kiiltz

Caught up on Haikyu and Railgun.

my memory is fuddled irt railgun because of the anime only shit + I was reading the manga years ago but it’s been great. Loving Misaki’s seiyuu.

Gonna rewatch Haikyuu because it’s Haikyuu and you can never have too much Haikyuu in your Haikyuu and there has to be Haikyuu when there isn’t Haikyuu and I haven’t seen the OVA’s anyway. It’s gonna be tough though bcus I really miss Kazuhiro Tanaka‘s voice. ALSO I didn’t realise Kiroshi voiced Takeda teehee.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Do they have an app? I can no longer download from MangaRock since they stopped everything because they’re moving to a new one
I use chrome when I use it with my tablet. It works perfectly. (when they aren't getting DDoS attacks lol)

Armorian

Banned
So ID: INVADED - this is great, one of the best animes I have seen in years, story is interesting (quite heavy at moments), animations are mostly v. good (I'm not the biggest fan of massive eyes and of course some bad CGI in last episodes). It's like Inception but with anime flavor (and better story I think).

Plus some great music:

9/10

Cutty Flam

Banned
Semi-Weekly One Piece Topic

Who in the crew has been the greatest help outside of the monster trio (Luffy, Zoro, Sanji) in the anime/manga so far, if you were to weigh all actions and the rest?

O-N-E

Ep 2 of ToG - MC falls further into the Mary Sue hole. Instincts, luck, strong, an irregular. I like Khun but he's probably gonna be bad guy.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
About 58 chapters in to Hunter x Hunter. I still havent finished Yu Yu Hakusho yet but I think I prefer Hunter x Hunter by a land slide, Gon and Killua are so likeable as characters. I really should get back into Yu Yu though.

Also, BERSERK BACK THIS MONTH BABYYYYYYY!!!!

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
About 58 chapters in to Hunter x Hunter. I still havent finished Yu Yu Hakusho yet but I think I prefer Hunter x Hunter by a land slide, Gon and Killua are so likeable as characters. I really should get back into Yu Yu though.

Word of advice, go slow on HxH.

TheStruggler

Do they have an app? I can no longer download from MangaRock since they stopped everything because they’re moving to a new one
I use Manga Storm app now. You download the app then the app gives you a list of useable sites to then link the manga with the app to add to your favourites. Then you can also choose to download chapters as well to not use data etc. When I look for mangas to link with the app kissmanga website has pretty much everything you need that can sync with the app.

Last edited:

TheStruggler

Word of advice, go slow on HxH.
Im a Berserk fan and didnt change my name to thestruggler for no reason lol, usually my favs somehow are already on hiatus. Im just enjoying the ride to then maybe catch up on my big back log.

AND CAN SOMEONE JUST BUY TOGASHI A DAMN CHAIR THAT SUPPORTS HIS BACK!!!

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Im a Berserk fan and didnt change my name to thestruggler for no reason lol, usually my favs somehow are already on hiatus. Im just enjoying the ride to then maybe catch up on my big back log.

AND CAN SOMEONE JUST BUY TOGASHI A DAMN CHAIR THAT SUPPORTS HIS BACK!!!
Difference being Berserk WILL eventually end one day though.

Cutty Flam

Banned

Gon’s a fucking beast. I still remember the day I asked my friend if there was anybody close to Gon’s intensity and anybody like Gon. He thought about it and then told me yeah, Luffy. So then I started watching One Piece

I wish the mangaka of HxH enjoyed his work more. Seems to have given up on a consistent schedule almost all together past years

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Anyone ever read Vagabond? I finished Berserk Deluxe 4 and picked up the first 3 bigger Vagabond books. Not sure what to expect.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone ever read Vagabond? I finished Berserk Deluxe 4 and picked up the first 3 bigger Vagabond books. Not sure what to expect.
I've only read 5 volumes or so. I'd say it is worth a read.

kiiltz

I'd recommend reading Slam Dunk beforehand if you haven't to get the full Inoue evolution. Regardless, Vagabond is one of things that you just have to read even if it's never going to be finished. The most disappointing thing isn't that it's not going to be finished, but that you can clearly see during the latest arc that Inoue stopped caring WHICH REALLY SUCKS BECAUSE THE LAST ARC IS THE BEST ARC.

Cutty Flam

Banned
anyone read latest One Piece manga?

Oda totally unpredictable to think that all this time Kaidou had son in wano
Wonder how that’s gonna go? I can’t even picture or imagine any of it

Can’t see him getting with any woman unless it’s a drunken rape, can’t imagine a little Kaido either. Maybe he was chained up? For some reason though, I think he’s referring to Momonosuke tbh

Last edited:

Kumomeme

Wonder how that’s gonna go? I can’t even picture or imagine any of it

Can’t see him getting with any woman unless it’s a drunken rape, can’t imagine a little Kaido either. Maybe he was chained up? For some reason though, I think he’s referring to Momonosuke tbh
knowing Oda...he might do stuff like that person is luffy fanboy lol

Arozay

Just finished watching Demon Slayer...

I've never seen a side character drag an anime down so quickly.
NB2UdxQi_400x400.jpg

Fucking Zenitsu. Worst character. Every scene with him dragged out the same screamed out joke for minutes.

I ended up skipping through any scenes he was in where there wasn't obviously a fight. Nothing of value was lost.

Andahe

Neo Member
Hello everyone! I’m kinda new here and casually enjoys anime from time to time. What do you guys think of Children of the Whales? I’m kinda enjoying it so far (episode 4 right now).

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
Just finished watching Demon Slayer...

I've never seen a side character drag an anime down so quickly.
NB2UdxQi_400x400.jpg

Fucking Zenitsu. Worst character. Every scene with him dragged out the same screamed out joke for minutes.

I ended up skipping through any scenes he was in where there wasn't obviously a fight. Nothing of value was lost.

He gets better in the Manga IMO.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I am really loving the Tower of God Webtoon. It is fantastic for anyone enjoying the first couple episodes of anime that wants to read it I highly recommend it.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Hello everyone! I’m kinda new here and casually enjoys anime from time to time. What do you guys think of Children of the Whales? I’m kinda enjoying it so far (episode 4 right now).
I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Karmic Raze

Have any of you guys watched Kaguya-sama: Love is War? I’m 2 episodes in and I am having fun with it. Believe it or not, I am actually watching a sub only anime for once! The world really is coming to an end. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Karmic Raze

So, how is Crunchyroll? I’ve never used them. Is the video quality really good? Do they offer a lot of sub only titles? I watched the first episode of Classroom of the Elite earlier subbed and it was great. I think because I’m used to it, I’ll stick to the dubs of Dragon Ball, Naruto/Boruto, and My Hero Academia, but anything else I watch from now on is gonna be subbed. It really is the definitive way to watch anime. The only problem I ran into was when I was reading something at the bottom and there was another convo going on up top. Almost impossible to read both, but I still love subbed. It really pulls you into the world they’re in so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Crunchyroll has certainly the least amount of dubs and the most sub-only titles. It's also free. It's easy to browse the catalogue because animes not available in your region are automatically filtered out. There are a lot of community functions like comments sections, ratings, and even frequent surveys. They also do highlights the right way, always easy to find the currently most popular animes.

Downsides are that if you're looking for older animes, they are pretty hard to find (because you can't sort by score) or not on there at all and the player isn't so good, if you have a bad internet connection you get a lot of buffering with no chance to preload.

Mista

Banned
I have yet to watch Tower of God and Gleipnir (which I read the manga)

Also I can't find Appare-Ranman anywhere

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
So, how is Crunchyroll? I’ve never used them. Is the video quality really good? Do they offer a lot of sub only titles? I watched the first episode of Classroom of the Elite earlier subbed and it was great. I think because I’m used to it, I’ll stick to the dubs of Dragon Ball, Naruto/Boruto, and My Hero Academia, but anything else I watch from now on is gonna be subbed. It really is the definitive way to watch anime. The only problem I ran into was when I was reading something at the bottom and there was another convo going on up top. Almost impossible to read both, but I still love subbed. It really pulls you into the world they’re in so much.
I haven't used it since it came out. Used it today, it crashed my ps4. Apparently it went down earlier or something.

Man, I'm really enjoying Goodnight Punpun. Only half way through the second book atm, have to wait til Thursday for book three to arrive. Akira 1 should arrive tomorrow to help see the time through.

Armorian

Banned
I finished Dorohedoro today - after first episode I was like WTF IS THIS SHIT?! but after second HOLY SHIT I WANT MORE!

The world is weird as fuck but it's presented in great way and even somewhat logical, characters are amazing and both protagonists and antagonists are as important. Animation is the biggest elephant in the room, it's CG most of the time (or maybe all the time) and it fluctuates between bad and good but never as bad as Berserk 2K16, characters can look questionable but enviroments are always great. Oh and music...

Only real downside is that it's way too short 8.5/10

bender

What time is it?
Started Space Dandy and Yu Yu Hakusho this weekend. I'll probably stick with Space Dandy a bit longer but I'm not sure either will be for me. /I continue to dislike everything.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

I finished Dorohedoro today - after first episode I was like WTF IS THIS SHIT?! but after second HOLY SHIT I WANT MORE!

The world is weird as fuck but it's presented in great way and even somewhat logical, characters are amazing and both protagonists and antagonists are as important. Animation is the biggest elephant in the room, it's CG most of the time (or maybe all the time) and it fluctuates between bad and good but never as bad as Berserk 2K16, characters can look questionable but enviroments are always great. Oh and music...

Only real downside is that it's way too short 8.5/10

I posted all the ED's like last month here lol. Go read the manga.

Armorian

Banned
I posted all the ED's like last month here lol. Go read the manga.

I think I will do that, I don't have the patience to wait for another season when story is this interesting (too bad I spoiled myself yesterday by reading Chidaruma bio).

So quick summary for what I have watched recently (march-april so far):

- Nanatsu No Taizai S3 - Story pretty much fallows manga 1:1 so it's good but that animation quality... luckliy it's not CG (most of the time) but it's a massive step down from S1/S2, music is ok 7/10
- Fate/Grand Order - Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia
- I watched Fate series since first anime adaptation (minus Apocrypha, i won't watch this even if someone pays me) so it was natural to start this: story is a mess, it doesn't make much sense and I had a feeling that I'm starting to watch last season of anime (when I didn't watch previous ones), I know there is game and some other stuff but it's no excuse to set up story like that with massive plot holes at beginning (ep Zero and 2016 didn't help much). Main characters boring and bland to the extreme, some other ones are more interesting so it's not a complete distaster in this department. Animation quality is good to very good (minus CG at the end) and fight scenes are usually quite great so this is the stuff that makes this anime worth watching. Music "exist" I guess 6.5/10
Kyokou Suiri (In/Spectre)
- First episode is quite good but it goes downhill from that, sometimes to "boring as fuck" terriotry. Animation quality is good, chcater designs are exellent and music is good I think, It's worth watching but only above average overall 6/10

Last edited:

Karmic Raze

Yeah, so I was trying out the Crunchyroll app on the PS4 and the video quality was shit until a couple of minutes into the episode of what I was watching. It was fine on Hulu. I tried it on my Fire Stick and I don’t have that problem whatsoever which is weird. Anyone else have that problem with the CR PS4 app?

Shouta

Yeah its god damn absurd!

Seriously, they could have just let the movie ended and done a little bit at the end to hammer that point but to derail it with that twist specifically to break immersion is mad stupid, lol.

On the brightside, Bianca is mad cute in the film and her outfit is a great redesign.

TheStruggler

Reading Hunter X Hunter keeps on delivering. Im at the part where Silva and his dad take on Chrollo together. Loving the characters, honestly when I first started reading this manga I thought it would have been childish, boy was I wrong. Esp with Kuripika and Uvo

Top Bottom