• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

anime suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silkworm

Uchip said:
Now and Then is depressing man
also the first anime i ever watched (not counting dragonball)
But depressing in a good way ;-) It's been a while since I watched it but I thought despite some tragic moments there's is some hope in the end. I should probably go and rewatch it :)

Uchip

Banned
Silkworm said:
But depressing in a good way ;-) It's been a while since I watched it but I thought despite some tragic moments there's is some hope in the end. I should probably go and rewatch it :)

despite being about 13 and traumatised by seeing such a dark animation
it got me into anime ;) and Im still not a fan of moe/loli stuff

Silkworm

Uchip said:
despite being about 13 and traumatised by seeing such a dark animation
it got me into anime ;) and Im still not a fan of moe/loli stuff
Hah, I've never even watched the moe/loli stuff myself. I think what started me into anime was when I bought and watched Macross Plus. After that it was Patlabor, which I'd also highly recommend (movies and the OVA). And I don't think anyone recommended Giant Robo yet (another classic w/ an awesome soundtrack).

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Code Geass, just pretend that Season 2 never happened and you are set.

snapshot20061227181109_small.jpg

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Dresden said:
But he'd miss out on Brolo and nuevoOrange.

That's true, at least it had a great ending to cap off the entire series.

You just have to wade through so much shit to get to the awesome ending
. It really is a pity because season 1 was so awesome.

Uchip

Banned
Silkworm said:
Hah, I've never even watched the moe/loli stuff myself. I think what started me into anime was when I bought and watched Macross Plus. After that it was Patlabor, which I'd also highly recommend (movies and the OVA). And I don't think anyone recommended Giant Robo yet (another classic w/ an awesome soundtrack).

dude Macross Plus is amazing and id reccomend it to the OP
also loved Zero for the flight scenes

Ezalc

Hcoregamer00 said:

He has Kallen and her glorious boobs to find comfort in.

Hcoregamer00 said:

As disappointing as certain parts of R2 are, the ending alone justifies it, and there are some great moments during the season. There definitely is some really dumb shit in the second half, though.

Gantz is worth checking out. Aside from the major deviations from the Manga on the last few episodes, it is a pretty awesome action/sci-fi show with a really cool premise. Should especially resonate with you if you are a gamer. It also has some pretty good drama thrown in as well, and its really interesting seeing how different people react to the situations they are put into. Seeing how the OP enjoyed Kite, I would imagine they would love this.

qcf x2

Ezalc said:
Oh god no. Don't watch this OP the ending fucking sucks ass. Only thing you should look at is the OP for and that's it. You can thank me later.

I'm sorry, what? The ending sucked? Did we see the same show, or do you just believe in
Disney endings
? As a Gainax fan I have no such desires or expectations.

Prologue

wwm0nkey said:
RahXephon, that is all

ath1i.jpg

Maybe I need to give this another try. I couldn't get into it. I was up to the ep where there were on some sort of boat. I'm guessing it gets better?

Cowboy Bebop, and you pretty much don't need to watch anything else. Gorgeous visuals, gorgeous music, gorgeous plot, gorgeous everything. It's even comparable to the best American animation has to offer.

Defuser

Hcoregamer00 said:

Sorry,I stopped watching season 1 when Lelouch geass Euphemia. That was most retarded shit I ever seen in my life.

Kaizer

Banned
Dresden said:
That was fucking awesome, man.
Yeah that was the "SHIT JUST GOT REAL" moment of the series for me, I thought it was spectacular. It's a shame the chaos that came after it was so "meh".

Bumping this thread hoping to get some suggestions of my own. I recently watched Bakemonogatari after seeing this fan made trailer, because I was really in the mood for a violent, modern day anime with a lot of introspective brooding characters and awesome visuals cinematography and while I enjoyed Bakemonogatari, it didn't quite scratch that itch and ended up being quite different from what that fan trailer implied it was. Any suggestions?

Finaika

Mortrialus said:
Bumping this thread hoping to get some suggestions of my own. I recently watched Bakemonogatari after seeing this fan made trailer, because I was really in the mood for a violent, modern day anime with a lot of introspective brooding characters and awesome visuals cinematography and while I enjoyed Bakemonogatari, it didn't quite scratch that itch and ended up being quite different from what that fan trailer implied it was. Any suggestions?
Noir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom