• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animes where you really like the English Dub?

I feel weird in that I really don't like the Cowboy Bebop dub voices (the dub isn't bad, though).

Some of these others I can agree with.
Same boat. Bebop is one of my favorite shows...I've purchased it 4 times now across versions. The dub is ok, better than most dubs at the time. But it really doesn't do much for me.

While not my favorite anime, Fullmetal Alchemist has what I consider the best anime dub. The actors nail every emotion, and their delivery is spot on.

School Rumble is good. The voices match the characters so well and they manage to keep the same level of humor to it. Oh there's also Golden Boy. That ones pretty good also.

Neoxon

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_bjjq9f487i0wgcowoc0g4w8sk_640.png
A dub so good, it was aired before the Japanese version.

As others have said, Cowboy Bebop and The Big O have dubs that are categorically better than their subtitled versions. And no, it's not just Steve; most of the cast came back for Samurai Champloo, but I'd still (strongly) recommend the subs for that.

Yu Yu Hakusho is a mixed bag (a lot of the supporting cast and background characters get way, way worse), but overall I tend to recommend it just for Yusuke, Hiei, and Kurama.

If Dragonball Z Abridged counts, then that all the way.

I didn't mind the Death Note dub, from what I remember of it.

Top Bottom