• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Announced/hinted at PC ports that disappeared

Gloam

Sensible World of Soccer 96/97 remake, came out on XBLA and there was a Games for Widnows version slated for release, many years later... zip.

Grief.exe

Funnily enough, Mike Capps pulled the same card when discussing Bulletstorm's reception on PC - whilst admitting that the port wasn't "the best".

[Source]

Yep, that was one of the situations I was thinking of when I origianlly said that lol.

Ubisoft has pulled that card in the past a few times as well to explain to their investors why PC games in general were on the rise but theirs were all on the decline.

“a clear reduction in piracy of our titles which required a persistent online connection, and from that point of view the requirement is a success”.

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/07/28/ubisoft-our-drm-is-a-success/

In an interview published today, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot was quoted as saying that the rate of piracy for Ubisoft games on the PC is currently at an astounding 93-95%.

source: http://www.gamesradar.com/ubisoft-says-their-piracy-rates-are-95/

Sentenza

Yep, that was one of the situations I was thinking of when I origianlly said that lol.

Ubisoft has pulled that card in the past a few times as well to explain to their investors why PC games in general were on the rise but theirs were all on the decline.

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/07/28/ubisoft-our-drm-is-a-success/

source: http://www.gamesradar.com/ubisoft-says-their-piracy-rates-are-95/

It's also fun because their PC sales meanwhile fell at an accelerating pace.
At some point there was this crazy stat going around that Ubisoft PC revenues decreased by the 90% over the last years.
But, hey, they fought piracy!

Grief.exe

It's also fun because their PC sales meanwhile fell at an accelerating pace.
At some point there was this crazy stat going around that Ubisoft PC revenues decreased by the 90% over the last years.
But, hey, they fought piracy!

They have to tell the investors something to explain their reduction of revenue due to their utter incompetence.

Both the suits and the investors generally have no idea whats going on in the industry, they both lap up that kind of garbage.

This is why idiots like Micheal Patcher exist.

Nillansan

All this talk about PC ports of Bayonetta and Vanquish made me want to start a petition.

I have been exchanging some messages with ArjanN, who was originally planning to do a petition for a PC version of Bayonetta. He is up for the challenge and we are currently working on one single petition for both Vanquish and Bayonetta. I will be making a draft for the petition and once we have settled on something, ArjanN may create a dedicated thread in conjunction with the petition going live - if permitted by a mod. We are hoping that this will catch on at the same rate as the Dark Souls for PC petition. We are hoping that fellow Gaffers will support us in this endeavour.

Please do let us know if you have any suggestions on how we should approach this.

HoosTrax

All this talk about PC ports of Bayonetta and Vanquish made me want to start a petition.

I have been exchanging some messages with ArjanN, who was originally planning to do a petition for a PC version of Bayonetta. He is up for the challenge and we are currently working on one single petition for both Vanquish and Bayonetta. I will be making a draft for the petition and once we have settled on something, ArjanN may create a dedicated thread in conjunction with the petition going live - if permitted by a mod. We are hoping that this will catch on at the same rate as the Dark Souls for PC petition. We are hoping that fellow Gaffers will support us in this endeavour.

Please do let us know if you have any suggestions on how we should approach this.
Does SEGA control that? I still want Sonic Colors HD. And Sonic 2006. Er, maybe not that last one.

Final Fantasy VII might be coming after all, if the recent registry activity is any indication.

Ya when Bayonetta 2 was announced for the Wii U PG essentially said, 'we develop all our games on PC then port to the intended system. It really doesn't matter what system.'

I don't have the exact link, so I'm paraphrasing. But that is why you see all the shots of Platinum Games bring played on PC.

Yeah, you are talking about this:

"We create the basic framework of our games on the PC, so even though the hardware changes it doesn't influence the creation of our games. We've already developed our own engine to work with multiple platforms."

Top Bottom