• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another 360 system update was just released

surly

Banned
I don't know what this one does, but it takes your dashboard version from 2.0.14717.0 (the update released the other day) to 2.0.14719.0. I can't see any differences and in the UK we still don't have that new style Marketplace yet.

JambiBum

I just got it too. I'm in the US though. Looked around and only noticed one minor thing. With the last update, in the app area, the social tab was there twice. Now it's back to normal. I doubt that the update only changed that though.

Only thing I have noticed is it gives the party leader a star on the dashboard so you can easily identify them. I think the update was mostly behind the scenes tweaks.

Mengetsu

Yes!! Hopefully this reverses the effects of the last update that messed up people when they had there Color cords in instead of their HDMI wires. I had to unhook my Turtle Beaches cause of it :(

Omega

Banned
Only thing I have noticed is it gives the party leader a star on the dashboard so you can easily identify them. I think the update was mostly behind the scenes tweaks.

Not sure what update did it but it certainly wasn't the one today, because the star has been there since the December update.

darthbob

For the last update, this was the big one for me.

Xbox LIVE Trial Subscriptions require a payment option and automatically renew into a paying subscription.

When someone signs up for an Xbox LIVE Silver membership, they will be offered the option to purchase an Xbox LIVE Gold subscription. If they choose to not purchase an Xbox LIVE Gold subscription, they will be offered an Xbox LIVE trial. If a user selects to move forward with that trial, the user will be prompted to add a payment option and will be set to auto renew into a monthly subscription at the end of the trial.

This aligns the Xbox LIVE subscription with the current Zune Music Pass subscription, in the trial sense.

I tested this with a few accounts myself.

Top Bottom