• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Code/Trace Memory: R announced for Wii

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Great trailer, I can't wait to play it in two-thousand never. Damn you NoA, release something new for Wii already. :(

You should have heard the sounds coming out of my mouth watching that.

"eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

"ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff"

"OOOOoOoooOoooooahahaahaaaaaaAAAA"

*pant*

etc.

Aeana

Here's to hoping it at least comes out in English in Europe. Then it's just a matter of using GeckoOS to play it on a North American Wii. :O

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Great trailer. This has probably been answered, but is there speech in the game or just text?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The style this game uses, wow. Looks amazing. Better make it over, the thought of sitting in a comfty couch playing an awesome point/click game is sooo goooood.

I didn't really like Trace Memory, but I loved Hotel Dusk: Room 215 -- that game fave me tons of respect for Cing. And so, I am verily looking forward to this game. Please bring it over Nintendo. Don't screw us over like you're doing it with us now via Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, Disaster: Day of Crisis, and Captain Rainbow.

Yeah that trailer deserves a pre-emptive "FUCK YOU NOA".
:'(

...New images for the characters:

73851520090115_161639_0_big.jpg

73851520090115_161639_1_big.jpg

73851520090115_161639_2_big.jpg

73851520090115_161639_3_big.jpg

73851520090115_161639_4_big.jpg

73851520090115_161640_5_big.jpg

73851520090115_161640_6_big.jpg

73851520090115_161640_7_big.jpg

73851520090115_161640_8_big.jpg

SilverLunar said:
:'(

...New images for the characters:

73851520090115_161639_0_big.jpg

Delicious. I was really curious if the DTS would be in here.

Also I find it interesting that the DSi has most of the same features of the DTS. Camera, SD card reader, etc. Now just get us a fingerprint scanner, and I'll book my trip to Edward Island TONIGHT.

jarrod

Banned
Zihark said:
sweet, tho you're missing somabringer, a.s.h., and layton 2:(
And Card Hero. And Glory of Herakles. And Band Bros. DX. And Fossil Holders. And Wagamama. And Tingle RPG. And theta. And EBA2. And Mag Kid. And Chou Mecha MD. And Project Hacker. And...

As bad as NOA's Wii showing was this fall, they've been fucking over DS hard for about 2 years now. :lol

Good news bump if you have a PAL Wii. According to Siliconera, Nintendo is localizing Trace Memory: R (and Endless Ocean 2) in English, but it's only confirmed for Europe currently.

This is semi-good news though for us in North America because it does at least give some hope that we'll get it too. But then again just think of Tingle and Day of Disaster. Man, if NoA passes us over... :(

Gunloc said:
Good news bump if you have a PAL Wii. According to Siliconera, Nintendo is localizing Trace Memory: R (and Endless Ocean 2) in English, but it's only confirmed for Europe currently.

This is semi-good news though for us in North America because it does at least give some hope that we'll get it too. But then again just think of Tingle and Day of Disaster. Man, if NoA passes us over... :(

Learn it.
Love it.
Live it.

Oh, and FUCK YOU NOA.

One thing that gives hope though is that the only obstacle I saw for this game coming to North America was the fact that NoA might not be interested in putting in the effort to translate it. (Because they are working on so many other games right now... >_>)

But now that it's getting translated there should really be no reason to not release it. It doesn't contain anything "risque" like Tingle or DoD. (I personally don't think that about those games, but NoA obviously is still hyper conservative in many areas unfortunately.)

This game would be a perfect fit for the markets they are currently obsessed with. Just slap together some box art (the Japanese version please) and freaking release it already. Or are they worried it will distract us from buying all the other games (read: nothing) they are releasing in the next six months.

Gunloc said:
One thing that gives hope though is that the only obstacle I saw for this game coming to North America was the fact that NoA might not be interested in putting in the effort to translate it. (Because they are working on so many other games right now... >_>)

But now that it's getting translated there should really be no reason to not release it. It doesn't contain anything "risque" like Tingle or DoD. (I personally don't think that about those games, but NoA obviously is still hyper conservative in many areas unfortunately.)

This game would be a perfect fit for the markets they are currently obsessed with. Just slap together some box art (the Japanese version please) and freaking release it already. Or are they worried it will distract us from buying all the other games (read: nothing) they are releasing in the next six months.

Treehouse has done (as far as I know) all of the PAL-only/not-released-in-US localisations.

There really is no excuse other than the fact NOA are prickdogfuckers.

Aeana

Dragona Akehi said:
Treehouse has done (as far as I know) all of the PAL-only/not-released-in-US localisations.

There really is no excuse other than the fact NOA are prickdogfuckers.

8-4 did Fire Emblem DS. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that other groups were responsible for the Europe-only releases. :\

There's got to be something really weird going on over at NoA - their handling of a lot of things recently makes me wonder what the hell is going on internally.

Fuck NoA if they don't bring this over here, especially with a confirmed English translation. As soon as I saw this was announced for Wii, I went out and bought a copy of Trace Memory for DS in anticipation. The worst part is, I just finished it last night and it was an incredible experience that quickly pushed this up to the Wii game I was most anticipating. No Layton 2, no Trace Memory... what the hell is wrong with NoA?

Man this looks so good. I think I want this more than everything else NOA hasn't announced for NA (though Soma Bringer and Fatal Frame 4 are certainly close.) Cing just rules.

Now they just need to take this engine and make Hotel Dusk Wii...

Top Bottom