• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Steam Hit: Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor peaked at 56k so far

Interfectum

Good game to play if you can't play Helldivers 2 right now. It's like Vampire Survivors with quests and structure.

rX5PB3g.png

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

gaben GIF

Last edited:
Yea I picked it up yesterday and played it for 7 hours already. Game is already polished even though it's early access. Gets hard though!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
That guy has more power than gaming journalism these days.

And it's not unwarranted either. In all of the clips I've seen of him analyzing game mechanics, talking about why a particular game is good, why a particular game is bad, and what elements are important for engaging game design, he's backed up his opinions with solid reasons. It's a much better analysis than I've seen from any mainstream journalists in a long time. He's also actually competent at playing games in both mechanical ability and build strategy.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
And it's not unwarranted either. In all of the clips I've seen of him analyzing game mechanics, talking about why a particular game is good, why a particular game is bad, and what elements are important for engaging game design, he's backed up his opinions with solid reasons. It's a much better analysis than I've seen from any mainstream journalists in a long time. He's also actually competent at playing games in both mechanical ability and build strategy.

There's is certainly something there, like he will be talking about a game he's playing and he just casually comments while playing about the underlying mechanics he is currently engaging with, why that's good/bad followed by an easy to digest and understand example of how that plays out elsewhere for the auidence.

And one of the weirdest things is... none of his streams are monetised now, his original asmongold chanel has been almost unused for almost 2 years now, he streams on his none monetised channel daily. Twitch never advertises his stream, why would they? It cost them money and they make nothing off him as bits, donations and adds are disabled. And yet he's always the biggest stream whenever he's live.

I do feel bad about his living condition though, I'd like to slowly help him use some of that money to regularly get some cleaners for his house. It would make a world of difference.

Last edited:
This is why I couldn't tolerate owning only consoles. There's so much going on all the time on the PC platform it's ridiculous. Closed ecosystems can't keep up.

There's is certainly something there, like he will be talking about a game he's playing and he just casually comments while playing about the underlying mechanics he is currently engaging with, why that's good/bad followed by an easy to digest and understand example of how that plays out elsewhere for the auidence.

And one of the weirdest things is... none of his streams are monetised now, his original asmongold chanel has been almost unused for almost 2 years now, he streams on his none monetised channel daily. Twitch never advertises his stream, why would they? It cost them money and they make nothing off him as bits, donations and adds are disabled. And yet he's always the biggest stream whenever he's live.

I do feel bad about his living condition though, I'd like to slowly help him use some of that money to regularly get some cleaners for his house. It would make a world of difference.
That’s the problem there. I can’t find his other streams. I just have to watch his YouTube videos.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Waiting for Rogue Core and next season of DRG. As fun as it may be I find Vampire Survivors and it's many clones very boring.

Interfectum

I have a feeling more people care about steam CCUs than the actual games.
7MFDXzk.png

My current roster of games I'm rotating through. Hour counts aren't as high as I'd like because I have three kids but I'm loving my game selection right now.

Helldivers 2 and Against the Storm are my main jam right now. Fucking love both of those games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom