• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthem |OT| Fly, you fools!

Sure most of you have seen this, but for any of your new people, it's pretty helpful. Credit to u/Firedragon04.

0el462lhxah21.jpg

McCheese

So, heard from someone that they are cutting the RRP price from next week, anybody else confirm? Before the end of the financial year.

Edit: heard from a retailer that they are adjusting to €39.99 on Monday.

Last edited:

bati

So, heard from someone that they are cutting the RRP price from next week, anybody else confirm? Before the end of the financial year.

If true the game is officially DOA.

Mista

Banned

BFV all over again? Well they better give me my money for BFV and this :/

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I logged in last night for the very first time. I played for about half an hour. It sorta reminded me of that beginning level on the planet in Mass Effect Andromeda. Which is weird, right? I killed some things and rescued some things. I actually want to go back and play more. They've managed to make Day 1 buyers feel late to the party (with Early Access). I honestly feel like I'm the last person to play this game and I started it at 11 PM last night.

Yeah, the split community sucks right now, but it won't matter by the first content drop.

Also, you can already get this game on PC for around $45 on CDKeys.

VertigoOA

Banned
I’m actually not looking forward to playing more of this... I will ... but .... will give it a chance.

I haven’t seen any glaring technical issues yet.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Has anybody noticed a difference in the loading screens since the patch was released? It's still pretty horrendous for me.

Last edited:
I had the issue with Heart of Rage the first time I ran it. We wiped in the room with two furies and the boss never showed.

Not sure why they changed the in-mission chests. Hopefully, the world events aren't nerfed too bad.

Edit: Also, BioWare's communication with the community has been amazing.

Last edited:

nowhat

Fixes incoming!
Cool - now how is it that a patch that disabled HDR made it through QA in the first place? It's a major feature for the enthusiasts, which are an important market initially to get the word out. If the HDR implementation is decent (which apparently is the case here), not having it is immediately noticeable. So didn't anyone test the day 1 patch?

So I've played it for 3-4 hours on PS4pro and I didn't had any major issues,the only issue that I had was when I died and got revived that big red icon remained in the middle of the screen,but after I died again and press to respawn everything was fine,in rest not issues.My only gripe is with the respawn system when in a mission,when you respawn after being shot down it puts you at a checkpoint that is far away from your companions and you only get 5 second to reach them ,and of course you can't and then another loading screen,why the hell they just don't put you right is the same area.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

So what's the better game, this or Destiny? And where now for Bioware, seeing as this game was ear-marked to bring them back on the map, but clearly it hasn't matched the hype...

Last edited:

Neverwas

Got past my login issue, but not until 2am. Was only able to put an hour in... played the intro and solo'd the first real mission. I'm liking what little I've played so far.

Feeroper

Im really curious to see PS4 Pro and Xbox One X comparisons now that both final versions are out with the day 1 patch. During the demo phase the X took a serious hit performance wise. Ive played the EA access trial version and performance is majorly improved but Im curious to see how it stacks up against the PS4 Pro version now by comparison.

Anyone out there tried both yet? Does the PS4 version still have a benefit from forcing the system to 1080p?

Mista

Banned
Cool - now how is it that a patch that disabled HDR made it through QA in the first place? It's a major feature for the enthusiasts, which are an important market initially to get the word out. If the HDR implementation is decent (which apparently is the case here), not having it is immediately noticeable. So didn't anyone test the day 1 patch?

VertigoOA

Banned
It seems like bioware is definitely working hard with those quality of life fixes.

Took a look at he post launch support... we’re getting new stuff like in two weeks. I’ll probbaly be done with the campaign by then...

Will be interesting to see what the narrative will look like.

Mista

Banned
The fucking loading in this game is garbage. My squad loads into mission before me and when I load in they’re already ahead and guess what? Fucking transport to mission area. Yes, another loading. Fuck off

ultrazilla

Gold Member
So what's the better game, this or Destiny? And where now for Bioware, seeing as this game was ear-marked to bring them back on the map, but clearly it hasn't matched the hype...

A bit unfair to compare the two at this point. Anthem just came out and Destiny has how many years of patches and content drops behind it? I think it's fair to compare gameplay and systems between the two games as they are "loot shooters" but asking who's the better game now? A bit premature. Let's see where the game is at 6-12 months out from here.

waylo

Banned
I think both games are bad. However, just from a technical standpoint, I'd give the nod to Destiny easily. At launch it ran well, looked good, and it wasn't riddled with bugs and horrific load times like Anthem is.

That being said, I think both are pretty bad games. Neither has terribly interesting guns or gear and as someone coming from stuff like Diablo and Path of Exile, your builds options are severely limited. Neither offer a lot in terms of content either (looking at Destiny 2 from a launch perspective, though even still I think what they have to offer in that game is pretty mediocre). Story in both is also awful.

lefty1117

Gold Member
The fucking loading in this game is garbage. My squad loads into mission before me and when I load in they’re already ahead and guess what? Fucking transport to mission area. Yes, another loading. Fuck off

Get good internet imo

OK, so if the boss doesn't spawn in HoR...

You can die, go back to the room w/ the furies and pop the chest in there.

You can do this over and over and over again. I haven't seen this before.

VertigoOA

Banned
A bit unfair to compare the two at this point. Anthem just came out and Destiny has how many years of patches and content drops behind it? I think it's fair to compare gameplay and systems between the two games as they are "loot shooters" but asking who's the better game now? A bit premature. Let's see where the game is at 6-12 months out from here.

Forsaken and its large variety of end game activities by far. Current D2 is great and unfair to compare to for a number of reasons. Mostly because it’s a shooter.

Everything they’ve done since the May update before Warmind dropped last year, increasing movement speed, reworking exotics to make them awesome, reworking the weapon loadouts and mods systems completely, reworking pvp (I still prefer 4v4 but the sandbox changes did wonders). Forsaken dropped and is better than taken king ever was.

And there’s an undeniable amount of polish.

The real question is if you’re the kind of gamer that just plays thru campaigns or is there to get into the high skill level end game activities and pvp. That’s where the fun and commaredery is.

Want the real halo 5? Play destiny. Want to be iron man? Play anthem. I’ll be dropping anthem completely the moment jokers wild content drops on March 11th but will return to it.

I never understood the complaint from the super hardcore about having nothing to do. Like... “hey buddy, you don’t think the 200 hrs you invested into a game within 3 weeks isn’t worth 60$???” You do know you can play other games in between content drops eh?

Last edited:
Obviously, Destiny. Best gunplay arguably ever plus as VertigoOA VertigoOA says the polish is off the charts, and the content is there.

I think the big place that Destiny fails me and Anthem scratches the itch is the RPG mechanics, build diversity and so on.

Verdanth

And yet Andromeda was developed by Bioware's B team. From the looks of it doesnt seem the A team did a good job.

Maybe B team will get some love after this.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
Got my first real masterwork drop at lvl 21 off a titan in a mission. Haven't gotten any purples yet, though. :p

kbear

Anyone playing on Xbox? Even just adding each other will get us XP. You don’t have to be in the same clan or even play together.
XBL: RIP Snooty

Top Bottom