• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthony Scaramucci: First UK interview with Drumpf's new comms director-BBC Newsnight

In his first UK interview, Anthony Scaramucci, President Donald Drumpf's new Communications Director at the White House, talks to Emily Maitlis about the future of Jeff Sessions, chlorinated chicken, and a UK-US trade deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqa4kykOsEk

There's been so much Trump stuff posted I dont know if this interview has, did a search and couldnt see anything?

Its a bizarre interview to see taking place on the Beebs flagship news programme that has resulted in quite a few articles of its own, like this one:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...cci-emily-maitlis_uk_59791648e4b0da64e8765254

Anthony Scaramucci On BBC Newsnight: 5 Extraordinary Moments

If you’re feeling down that Donald Drumpf’s meme-tastic spokesman Sean Spicer has quit, Anthony Scaramucci will soon have you asking: ‘Sean who?’

At least that’s what his first foray on British television suggested after President Donald Drumpf’s newly-appointed communications director gave an absorbing interview to the BBC’s Newsnight.

Five days into the job, the Wall Street millionaire-turn-spinner gave a bravura performance when quizzed by presenter Emily Maitlis from Washington.

On Drumpf’s personality and ‘front-stabbing’.

Scaramucci has previously called Drumpf a “hack politician”, but the pair appear to have let bygones be bygones. Suggesting Republican colleagues needed to grow a backbone, he explained working with DJT meant having a “tough exoskeleton” and that the pair locking horns was just what stand-up New York guys did.

“I’m from a town right on the border of Queens,” he offered. “And the President grew up in Queens. We have a little more of a different communications style (than the UK), a little bit more direct ... probably less subtle and polite. You don’t think politicians in your home town are hitting each other left and right?”

In fact, exchanging public insults is a good thing. “One of the things I can’t stand about this town is the back-stabbing,” mused ‘The Mooch’, not unreasonably. “Where I grew up we’re front-stabbers.”

Comparing repealing Obamacare to the abolition of slavery.

“If you’ve read (famous Abraham Lincoln biography) Team of Rivals, it took Lincoln three or four times to get what he wanted from the Senate and House of Representatives which was the full abolition of slavery. That was a much tougher thing to do than what we are doing now.”

Donald Drumpf: elitist? Yes and no.

Maitlis wanted to know about the contradiction between a billionaire property developer railing against the elite. Why is Drumpf not part of the elite?

Scaramucci: “How about the cheeseburgers? How about the pizza we’re eating?”

Maitlis: “Everybody eats cheeseburgers and pizzas, what are you talking about?”

Scaramucci: “No, no, no. See, you’re coming across a little elitist.”

More at the links above. I think things are only going to get crazier from here on out!

Mr. Sam

I watched a few minutes of this last night and had to leave the room because his non-stop bollocks was doing my head in. How do Americans put up with this 24/7?

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
I call it the Bilderberg Burger

pizzaburgerhot-dog125600500png.png

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Hope this guy hasn't got any kind of probationary period in his new contract because he seems in danger of getting fired before he even starts.

The thing that gets me is that, in America anyway, it seems to be believed that if you work hard, you'll get somewhere.

'the rich and the soon to be rich', I believe it was.

But, how do you think that when you have all these b[m]illionaires who are just utter dumb-fucks?

Top Bottom