• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any idea what Free Radical is working on next?

Lakitu

st5fu
After releasing Second Sight and TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, I've heard absolutely nothing from them, nothing at E3 2005 either so it does have me a bit concerned, any idea if they're working on a new project at all?

Wollan

Probably making love to the Rev controller.
Heh, what I think is that they are working on next-gen material.

sirris

I dunno but I think they need to get away from the Timesplitter series already and lose the wacky character models while they are at it.

fresquito

johnjohnson said:
I hope it's a sequel to Second Sight. I liked the first one and it would be great to play something like that again.
Second Sight with the Revo controller should be awesome. If they only worked the AI a little more...

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
sirris said:
I dunno but I think they need to get away from the Timesplitter series already and lose the wacky character models while they are at it.
I seem to recall an interview with one of the Free Radical team that they specifically went with the more cartoonish character style because they didn't feel this gen's hardware was good enough to pull off realistic looking characters without there being a number of drawbacks that they didn't care for. So, maybe they will switch to a different character style next gen.

japtor

sirris said:
it looks like rare adopted the bald guy model from free radical or something in the new pd0 scans.

Shogun

sirris said:

I really like the wacky character models. I think it is good to have a shooter that has a substantially different graphical style than just modern, futuristic, or world war 2. The choice to control a school of fish, a gingerbread man, or of course a monkey, is one of my fonder experiences in gaming. I am hoping for a higher rez Robofish myself.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I hope they continue Timesplitters, maybe going in a few new directions with some things. One thing is for sure, I hope they strive to keep it oddball and unrealistic, because that's what makes it stand out. I still play the Future Perfect arcade games occasionally, trying to unlock every character, etc.

Stryder

Shogun said:
I really like the wacky character models. I think it is good to have a shooter that has a substantially different graphical style than just modern, futuristic, or world war 2. The choice to control a school of fish, a gingerbread man, or of course a monkey, is one of my fonder experiences in gaming. I am hoping for a higher rez Robofish myself.
Yeah, I like them too. You do fight through modern/futuristic/ww2 environments but they almost parodise the different settings the way they do it, I enjoy it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I hope they work on something completely new. TimeSplitters died with the 3rd episode and Second Sight was a nice attempt that did badly at retail (unfortunately, cos it had some very cool ideas like sniper aiming and that IRC-like chat sequence).

They won't talk about what they're working on, but the last time I spoke with Steve Ellis (Shortly after the release of Future Perfect) they did say that they were working on something new but it was much to early to talk about. You can pretty much conclude from that that it's a next-gen project.

I think EA should buy Free Radical and have them make the new James Bond games.
I don't lke EA, but it would be nice to have a good 007 game again.

Anyone know much of Free Radical used to work for Rare?

EDIT: I forgot EA already got Free Radical a few months ago.

Top Bottom