• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any New Free Gaming Magazine Offers?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Wario 64 used to hook us up all the time with these. My EGM subscription's long since run out, and I am too cheap of a bastard to pay for these things:)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
GDGF said:
Wario 64 used to hook us up all the time with these. My EGM subscription's long since run out, and I am too cheap of a bastard to pay for these things:)

EGM subscription ran out? No problem!

https://www.zdmcirc.com/zdmcirc/promo/eb/

Ignore the expiration date. This is for the digital subscription, so you'll get the newest issue instantly after you sign up. If you prefer print, subcribe to the digital then calll or email Ziff Davis and they'll change it

Vlad

krypt0nian said:
Same here, but my sub runs until next month. =(

Ditto here.

Funny thing is, there hasn't really been any games that I've been wowed by on the demo discs I've gotten, yet I still want to keep getting them.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Meier said:
Do those still actually result in a subscription though?

I certainly hope so :)

Maybe I'll give Ziff Davis a call tomorrow to make sure (or an employee on this board could be kind enough to confirm)

Amir0x

Banned
Meier said:
Do those still actually result in a subscription though?

I got my entire OPM subscription from it, and I got EGM until like... 2007 and it's still coming on time every month so yes

negitoro7

As a cheapass magazine-addict, I'd like to say thank you very much (assuming it works).

Anyone have hook-ups for OXM or PLAY?

Or non-gaming mags like Car and Driver, Road and Track etc.? :)

Amir0x

Banned
negitoro7 said:
As a cheapass magazine-addict, I'd like to say thank you very much (assuming it works).

Or non-gaming mags like Car and Driver, Road and Track etc.? :)

you can get a billion free magazine offers if you just google that shit. heck, i got a 1 year free subscription of playboy that still comes

vireland

I think OXM is out there but I haven't seen it recently. These are basically circ-stuffing schemes so the mags can report higher circulation to get their advertisers to pay more. PLAY doesn't participate in that game (to my knowledge), so you probably won't find 6 month or year subs for PLAY. I *have* seen 3 month ones for PLAY, but that's the extent of it.

Is it possible to do those VU game registration things twice? I don't remember what I've 'registered'. Do you just get an error message? I guess I'm a little paranoid uh I mean I've got like five copies of Leisure Suit Larry.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome, I use Zinio for school, so I just got the EGM one.

Thanks!

vireland

Is it possible to do those VU game registration things twice? I don't remember what I've 'registered'. Do you just get an error message? I guess I'm a little paranoid uh I mean I've got like five copies of Leisure Suit Larry.

There's a link further up in the thread where you can check to see what stuff you're registered for and how much more you have left on your sub. If you're paranoid about playing Groundhog Day with Leisure Suit Larry regs, just change the number in the link to change to other offers. Not all games net you a sub, though, so you'll have to experiment.

One note, though. The PC Magazine sub requires proof of purchase be mailed in - read the fine print and walk on by.

vireland

These all seem to be print offers. Are there any offers (other than EGM or CGW, cos I already got those off Fatwallet) for free mags in Zinio format?

You can switch from print to digital with a call. If you change the ID on those links, some of the offers are for the digital version outright, and not the print (in which case you could switch to print with a call as well once the sub started).

Chris_C

Wiat, so you can get actual free magazines from this? And a subscription as in 12 issues, for free? What's the catch? I was just about to buy a couple of subscriptions, but I can get em for free, hell!

EDIT: What dormat does the digital mag arrive in, and does it get released sooner?

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Chris_C said:
Wiat, so you can get actual free magazines from this? And a subscription as in 12 issues, for free? What's the catch? I was just about to buy a couple of subscriptions, but I can get em for free, hell!

EDIT: What dormat does the digital mag arrive in, and does it get released sooner?
The EGM subscription can be viewed by a program called Zinio. I personally use this.

Chris_C

I just signed up for the digital EGM. I suddenly remember why I stopped reading magazines. Boy there's a lot of ads!

Tiktaalik

Even though I was able to input my Canadian address when signing up for paper copies of EGM and OPM, I've never gotten them. Has any Canadian ever gotten one of the magazines?

vireland

Anyone get these to work? They look like the same ones I tried about ten times last year and I never recieved anything.

They work, but USA only and use good (i.e. no fake names) info. Everyone I've told about it in the face2face world was able to get their subs. Personally, I say wait for the paper mag. The digital ones suck, IMO.

HCgamer

I had a free subscription to OPM the mags even included the demo discs I think last month's issue was my last one so I appreciate the free OPM link thanks.

Top Bottom