• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any News on FFXV Versions Yet?

TriAceJP

FFXV has been the biggest game I've been looking forward to in years, and I really want to buy the best version.

I personally enjoy the Xbox One experience over the PS4, and the comparison videos of the earlier footage looks just about on par between the two.

Do we have any info on performance differences between the two in the retail release? Do we know if the PS4 Pro will do anything important to the experience? I've heard mixed things from 'negligible' to 'solid 60 fps improvements'. This game would be the only factor in the purchase of the PS4 Pro for me, if it the improvements are impressive enough.

The game is only a few weeks away and I want to go in prepared.

I currently own a standard PS4 and the Xbox One S, if that factors in at all.

DJIzana

Funny... I'm going to get a physical version but the version I want (with the 16 bit Regalia skin), they don't have a physical version with that. It's only available digitally. That sucks.
:(

Also here's some comparison gifs from the other thread.

PS4 vs PS4Pro
ivgcTUH.gif

7bxDQls.gif

naoZrjF.gif

3cSrSYe.gif

TriAceJP

Oh wow that is pretty substantial.

I have a 1080p TV so I'm assuming I'll get a better frame rate, hands down.

Pffffft I may have to go pick up a Pro.

Go_Ly_Dow

As it stands......

XB1: 792-900p, probably 30fps with drops
PS4: 900-1080p, more foliage, probably 30fps with drops
PS4 Pro V1: 1080p, same graphics as base PS4 and uncapped >30fps. At launch it will be in the 40-50fps range with patches trying to get it closer to 60 in December.
PS4 Pro V2: 1080p, improvements to textures, AA, lighting, etc.... And 30fps.

There will also be a 4K checkerboard mode for launch.

That's how it stands for now. An in-depth DF ananylsis is needed really.

doemaaan

As it stands......

XB1: 792-900p, probably 30fps with drops
PS4: 900-1080p, more foliage, probably 30fps with drops
PS4 Pro V1: 1080p, same graphics as base PS4 and uncapped >30fps. At launch it will be in the 40-50fps range with patches trying to get it closer to 60 in December.
PS4 Pro V2: 1080p, improvements to textures, AA, lighting, etc.... And 30fps.

There will also be a 4K checkerboard mode for launch.

That's how it stands for now. An in-depth DF ananylsis is needed really.
Ok, this is what I needed to see. Now here's my question. Does the Pro "V2", include even more foliage and whatnot over V1?

And does 4K mode add even MORE? Or are they just boosts in resolutions?

Isn't this coming to PC eventually? Because that would be the best version wouldn't it? I can understand if you don't want to wait though. If you've been playing on console that is. If you main on PC then the wait isn't that hard lol.

Isn't this coming to PC eventually? Because that would be the best version wouldn't it? I can understand if you don't want to wait though. If you've been playing on console that is. If you main on PC then the wait isn't that hard lol.

No PC version has been announced. It is widely assumed that one will happen eventually, but given statements Tabata has made, I would guess no sooner than this time next year, if then.

I'm happy to settle for the PS4 Pro version for now, because there's not a chance in hell I'm not playing an FF game at launch.

No PC version has been announced. It is widely assumed that one will happen eventually, but given statements Tabata has made, I would guess no sooner than this time next year, if then.

I'm happy to settle for the PS4 Pro version for now, because there's not a chance in hell I'm not playing an FF game at launch.

I get that. But playing a game at launch for the definitive experience these days seems to be a gamble to me. Don't let me stop you though. :)

TriAceJP

Even if it is, I am not waiting the X amount of months after the announcement. I am all in on this.

Double dipping later would of course commence.

I get that. But playing a game at launch for the definitive experience these days seems to be a gamble to me. Don't let me stop you though. :)

I've always felt like a large part of the definitive experience *is* playing a game at launch, when everyone else is.

Even if a better version comes later, you've missed out on the moment.

Mediking

I've always felt like a large part of the definitive experience *is* playing a game at launch, when everyone else is.

Even if a better version comes later, you've missed out on the moment.

Yeah.... no. Thats that "I feel like I'm part of something bigger when I'm really playing by myself" day one mentality.

notaskwid

I'm surprised this thread is getting made even after the devastating Conan review. Are you sure you a Square Enix astroturf OP?

Yeah.... no. Thats that "I feel like I'm part of something bigger when I'm really playing by myself" day one mentality.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I find it to be a very enjoyable part of the experience, especially when it comes to my favorite series. And this isn't new, as I've felt this way since I made my way to alt.games.final-fantasy back in the day for FF7's launch.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I'm don't know much about console tech so this may be a dumb question...
But how would an Xbox One S with the 4k upscaler hooked up to a 4k TV compare to a regular PS4 (no 4k upscaler)?

I'm getting the Xbox version since I prefer gaming on that and my PS4 sounds like a jet taking off all the time.

Top Bottom