• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any old ravers?

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Recently came across these load of YouTube videos

If you're into your techno/trance do yourself a favour and play this on the best/loudest system you can... the drop is worth it

Holieeee fuuuuuck, is this not the best thing since whenever... the wife and I blasted this throughout the house (thankfully our kids would sleep through an apocalypse) and tbh it brought a smile to ours faces that even today there are events/festivals that young people can come together and just let it all out and go with the music, this so reminds me of the 90'/00's, noone gives a shit and everybody is up for the music... Anyways enjoy, just remember to turn it up loud AF

Last edited:

T8SC

wat-tambor.gif

The Techno Union Army approves this.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Too young? Admit it this was you 22:22:22 22:22:22

techno viking GIF

Yeah i was around 11/12 when Thunderdome was a huge thing. Remember getting promo stickers and shit in our high school lobby. Great design.

Year+ later i was heavily into hiphop and punkrock lol.

Btw he's going hard on techno. Can't blame him.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
More of a house\electronic music\white sensation dude.

I discovered "organic" spacey deephouse/techno some years ago. Love it.

Trance is fine if is very layered and complex, building up higher and harder.

The latter isn't my go to though.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Inquiry: what's "old" ??

Just curious for curiosity's sake

This is the shit I vibe with # GymWolf GymWolf

Sorry for the derail. Although I rave to this in my own way lmao.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I discovered "organic" spacey deephouse/techno some years ago. Love it.

Trance is fine if is very layered and complex, building up higher and harder.

The latter isn't my go to though.
I haven't really followed house music that much in the past 10 years, all my friends are married so we don't go to the discoteque every day of the weekend like we did in the past anymore and i only go dancing when i have a summer trip in ams or spain or greece by myself.

Also, discoteque culture in my native city is some absolute elitist shit and i don't have the patience to deal with it anymore.

Monokrom

Online Information - Electric Universe (1996)

Sheyba - Ganesh (1995)

Marmion - Schöneberg (Man With No Name Remix) (1996)

Last edited:

Potato quality, but everything from those days is, well apart from the drugs lol.

35 fucking years ago. Can't believe im still alive to be honest

Used to love free parties back in the day, although early-mid 90s for me (a little too young for the 80s). Still head out from time to time - heading to a DiY 35th anniversary ding dong in London in April - always fun, bunch of crusty old 50-somethings still dropping smarties for parties 🤪

Anyway too many good tunes out there so Impossible to select anything specific, however as my mate posted an old reminder the other day I thought it's worth dropping an old classic from the masters of acid.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Christ, Jungle! That takes me back.. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I used to go out to all sorts of raves and nightclubs in the 90's. Camden Palace, Bagleys etc. A favourite was the Epping forest country club/Atlantis. There was nothing better than booting up there in an XR3i :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Loved it all. Would happily do it all over again.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Got damn, do I love drum and bass. I've probably heard weeks of that Kick...Snare...Kick-Snare beat in my life, and it still gets me pumped up.

Top Bottom