• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any series that has plot that makes less sense than Naruto's beginning? Late Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Tsunade's main clan is the Senju. Probably didn't know about her parents or grandmother just like all of us until the plot demands it.

Mito was still around when Kushina arrived in the village. So Tsunade must have known her grandmother. And yes, the until the plot demands goes for all of the twists in the OP. Tsunade even immediately notices the family resemblance between Naruto and her brother.

The thing that bothers me the most about Naruto's beginning is the fact that they specifically said that he's failed his genin exams multiple times and has been held back and yet he's still the same age as the rest of his class
It's possible Naruto started earlier.
It seems most kids start school at 8 (Konohamarou for example), but then Kakashi started when he was 4.

brinstar

I love how of all the manipulating bastards playing 4D chess, not fucking one of them decided to befriend a boy with a literal nuke inside of him. Naruto was so starved for attention, aka the reason he started doing the fucking pranks in the first place or 'acted like a brat', that anyone who'd be nice to him would gain Jesus status in his eyes. Fucking no one thought of controlling him this way? Even before the pranks, just take of him so you can do ninja hypnosis or something, for fuck's sake.

I'm surprised Danzo didn't take him into Root

Setsuna

Which was arcs before the series stopped serialization lol.

No he got sick over half a decade ago

He decided to end it probably around chapter 678-680

Where the manga went from. Everyone has incomplete abilities to announcing the series is ending

FStubbs

I'm surprised Danzo didn't take him into Root

Too many eyes around Konoha would be watching him if he took the Jinchuriki in.

The real answer is Danzo didn't exist in the outline yet. They would've made him Hokage instead of Tsunade easily given his status in the village.

Too bad they didnt' have a throw away line like "Danzo was on a year long mission with Root when Orochimaru's attack happened."

rambis

Banned
The thing that bothers me the most about Naruto's beginning is the fact that they specifically said that he's failed his genin exams multiple times and has been held back and yet he's still the same age as the rest of his class

I don't think we clearly know of anybody's age outside of Naruto and Sasuke by proxy. Guys team for example were clearly older than everyone elses having taken the chuunins before yet they were lumped in the rest of the Konoha rookies.

Weirdest trope in fictional media. Any father IRL would love his baby as the last living vestige of his wife. The hatred thing is so backwards.

I agree the Naruto makes no sense. Yeah, orphans are disliked sometimes, but were talking about bastards and the homeless. Naruto was the living baby boy of their beloved leader. The neglect, shunning, outright disgust... none of it was explained and none of it adds up!
Its explained fine. Naruto holds a terrible beast that the village just recently lost control over and now serves as a walking living breathing time bomb that most people wouldnt want to be around. Its like people are trying to make it not make sense or something.

Its like people missed the whole point of the first chapter.

Sesha

Oh yeah, every adult knowing that Naruto was the host of the nine-tails but not knowing that he was the son of the Fourth Hokage and Kushina is nonsense. How did they find out one but not the other?

I don't think we clearly know of anybody's age outside of Naruto and Sasuke by proxy.

Character ages have been confirmed by the databooks. Although the databooks are notably unreliable, AFAIK the info within is canon as long as the manga doesn't directly contradict it.

Its explained fine. Naruto holds a terrible beast that the village just recently lost control over and now serves as a walking living breathing time bomb that most people wouldnt want to be around. Its like people are trying to make it not make sense or something.

Its like people missed the whole point of the first chapter.

Everyone got the point of the first chapter, sadly the point of the first chapter was ruined by everything that came after.

This is like 3/8ths of the entire series lmao.

Edit: stop shitting on bleach ppl. It didn't make mistakes on this level until the very last arc and mostly due to it being rushed by a mangaka with failing health.

In terms of chapters, maybe (and 3/8ths of 700 chapters is still a ton). In terms of plot, however, it stretches across the entire story.

Alienous

I haven't really thought about it, but yeah, I can't find a rationale for not telling Naruto and most of the village that he's the son of a Village hero.

The best justification I can come up with is that information could mean Naruto would be blamed for the death of a beloved leader; "He sacrificed himself to save you?", but even that seems weak.

It would only make sense to tell a walking nuclear bomb about his parents, if only to make sure he doesn't question why he's an orphan. And when that child is the son of a hero I'm surprised they didn't treat him like royalty out of respect for his father. They just let people poke him with sticks, trusting that he'd end up a good person and not some nine-tailed villain.

In terms of chapters, maybe. (and 3/8ths of 700 chapters is still a ton). In terms of plot, however, it stretches across the entire story.
Oh I agree. I wasn't defending it at all. It's ridiculous how much of the plot eventually turns into my eyes are more eyey than yours!! Oh no he has THOSE eyes !! Gasp!!

rambis

Banned
Oh yeah, every adult knowing that Naruto was the host of the nine-tails but not knowing that he was the son of the Fourth Hokage and Kushina is nonsense. How did they find out one but not the other?

Character ages have been confirmed by the databooks. Although the databooks are notably unreliable, AFAIK the info within is canon as long as the manga doesn't directly contradict it.

Everyone got the point of the first chapter, sadly the point of the first chapter was ruined by everything that came after.

In terms of chapters, maybe (and 3/8ths of 700 chapters is still a ton). In terms of plot, however, it stretches across the entire story.

Oh yeah, every adult knowing that Naruto was the host of the nine-tails but not knowing that he was the son of the Fourth Hokage and Kushina is nonsense. How did they find out one but not the other

Who says they didnt know? Im sure most adults did. Itachi directly referred to him as the 4ths legacy. Tsuade and Jiraya both knew and they both were away from the village significantly.

First databook didnt release until a while after the series had took off though. We never really got a good sense of time in the series so who knows how much actual time passed in the first hundred chapters.

Not sure what you mean but the first chapter showed us Naruto being acknowledged as Naruto instead of the Kyuubi that had just destroyed the village.

Who says they didnt know? Im sure most adults did. Itachi directly referred to him as the 4ths legacy. Tsuade and Jiraya both knew and they both were away from the village significantly.

First databook didnt release until a while after the series had took off though. We never really got a good sense of time in the series so who knows how much actual time passed in the first hundred chapters.

Not sure what you mean but the first chapter showed us Naruto being acknowledged as Naruto instead of the Kyuubi that had just destroyed the village.

Uhh by one person named Iruka. Half the chunin looking for Naruto after he stole the scroll wanted to do something bad to him. Speaking of the scroll, terrible security where a academy student can steal it for forbidden jutsu like that.

Also if the adults did know Naruto was the son of the 4th they are really shitty adults and deserved to get buried by Pain and Naruto shouldn't have convinced Nagato to revive them. Using Itachi and Jiraiya and Tsunade as examples is horrible since they were all close to Minato anyways and Itachi was just a super genius.

rambis

Banned
Most or all Jonin knew about Naruto. This was shown multiple times in part 1 almost whenever Naruto would leak kyuubi chakra. One time in particular were the chuunin exams.

Yes the adults neglected Naruto but I don't know what about that fact "doesnt make sense". Its a story for a reason. People in real life do things much harsher so im not getting all the faux outrage about a rather tame piece of fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom