• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any word on the rest of the ESPN 2k5 sports line up debuting @ $20??

Nameless

I'm a die-hard Madden fan, so ESPN releasing for a mere $20 wasn't a big deal for me however, I do prefer the ESPN titles in for Basketball and Hockey so does anyone know the scoop on them. NBA Live trounces ESPN B-ball in sales every year so one would think sega would follow suit with the $20 price point.

DMczaf

Yeah, all the ESPN titles will be $19.99

http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=136700

A significant part of Take-Two's strategy is to gain market share by offering extremely high quality products, supported with aggressive marketing and value pricing. "We plan to expand the audience for ESPN Videogames' sports titles by applying a variety of proven marketing techniques," said Mr. Eibeler. "We are also adding the compelling element of value pricing to this high quality line, creating a significant point of differentiation for both core and casual gamers. We believe the recent console price cuts are bringing new consumers into the interactive entertainment market, and sports titles will be a meaningful part of their software purchases. Finally, with Sony and Microsoft not publishing sports titles this holiday season, there is a significant competitive opportunity for ESPN Videogames titles. The combination of these factors should expand the overall market for sports titles."

Drek

They just recently dropped ESPN Baseball 2k4 down to $20 as well, so I'd imagine its now good on all of the other titles for the rest of the year.

Kicks ass in my book. ESPN Baseball, while very much like last year's, is still a good game, and it's franchise mode isn't busted up like MVP. ESPN Basketball also has a good chance of returning to it's once stellar form. $45 (Best Buy GGC) for a baseball, basketball, and football game of their quality is a steal. :)

Top Bottom