• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody do intermittent fasting?

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
I find i dont really get hungry if im constantly drinking water. i drain a 500ml bottle just about ever hour at work.

if u have a sh!t ton of blubber like a bear getting ready to hibernate and you don’t plan to move around too much you can go a whole week

Ha. Not true. I have barely any blubber as you say. I have seen plenty of skinny people do long fasts.

Now I do find it easier to fast when I’m not active so you have a point there. During that flare up I got down to 170 laying in bed doing nothing while basically fasting most of the days and doing broths at night.

Now that I’m back to my normal routine fasting is harder because I’m active. My weight is back up to 178-180.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I have moved to a 2 days off, 1 day eating schedule. Lack of self-control Holidays totally plumped me up. Fasting and cold-training are a good pair, so I'll be back down to where I want to be in short order. I'm also trying to take advantage of the sharpened focus gained after the first 48 hours. Gonna whomp on some shmups.

bigedole

I have moved to a 2 days off, 1 day eating schedule. Lack of self-control Holidays totally plumped me up. Fasting and cold-training are a good pair, so I'll be back down to where I want to be in short order. I'm also trying to take advantage of the sharpened focus gained after the first 48 hours. Gonna whomp on some shmups.

So you don't eat for 2 days?? I'm starting my 3rd week and I've stuck pretty well to the 20/4 split every day but 1. I've actually dropped about 8 pounds and I feel like I'm sleeping a bit better. The fact that I'm still eating whatever I want means I don't feel deprived the way I have when I tried actual diets. You just naturally end up eating less overall which is seeming to work for me.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So far intermittent fasting + an upper calorie limit has had benefits for me so far. Dropped a few pounds in a week.

For an office job, fasting is a genuinely practical weight loss method it seems. If I was doing retail, restaurant, or blue collar I don't think I would do it.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
So you don't eat for 2 days?? I'm starting my 3rd week and I've stuck pretty well to the 20/4 split every day but 1. I've actually dropped about 8 pounds and I feel like I'm sleeping a bit better. The fact that I'm still eating whatever I want means I don't feel deprived the way I have when I tried actual diets. You just naturally end up eating less overall which is seeming to work for me.
Yes, I don't eat for two days. However, I've been playing around with the schedule since late 2017 so I do have some... tolerance built up. Day Two is always the worst. Always a bit more irritable and a bit fuzzy-headed.

Day Three onward is a big payoff. Blissful, sharpened focus like you wouldn't believe. Any hunger pangs are gone by this point, too.

But I notice that as I continue doing 2/1/2/1/etc that the second day is more tolerable than it used to be.

Ownage

Yes, I do one big meal per day, mainly a large Caesar salad with added fruit at lunch, and a small snack at dinner. I've dropped ten pounds in the six months since I practice it and have developed more energy and stamina. My exercise routine has stayed consistent. Overall, I look much skinnier than before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom