• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody into S Craig Zahler movies? I really liked "Dragged Across Concrete"

Had a friend tell me about him recently who got me to watch "Dragged Across Concrete". Never heard of this guy before, but really enjoyed the movie. It was a slow burn to be sure but it had me on the edge of my seat for the most part. Now I have to watch Bone Tomahawk and Brawl in Cell Block 99 next according to him.

I kind of get the feeling he is the kind of director who will make a movie regardless of what liberal Hollywood might think. I know this movie was basically forced into PPV because it starred Mel Gibson and had a storyline which includes police brutality. Had never even heard of "Bone Tomahawk" and "Brawl in Cell Block 99" before even though they are widely regarded as good movies. Any chance this guy breaks through and becomes a more acclaimed director, or has he already pissed off the wrong people too much to make it big?

edit: Oops, requesting move to Off Topic

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
I have seen Bone Tomahawk and Brawl in Cell Block 99. Both were super gritty, realistic and portrayed the main character as heavily flawed but realistic. I think he is already well on his way to becoming a highly regarded film maker.

Just finished watching Dragged Across Concrete. Slow burn but a really good watch. One if my favorite directors at the moment. Bone Tomahawk and Brawl are must watches.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
I loved bone tomahawk and brawl but didn’t really like dragged across concrete

It was not a good idea to watch Bone Tomahawk alone at night :messenger_hushed: That fucking sound...
I liked the characters and thought it was funny how an Indian delivered the exposition about the bad guys.

Top Bottom