• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else feel bad about killing/eating enemies in Kirby!?

There's always been that funny disconnect between the lighthearted tone of Mario and his rampant killing of hundreds of creatures, but at least they look threatening, and they're part of Bowser's army. But the various Kirby "enemies" always seem so damn adorable and innocent, with the world's cutest walking animations, bothering nobody in particular. And then Kirby, this greedy little mothafucka comes by and just eats everybody in sight, absorbing their essence before casually shiting them out so he can digest a new person. The man is a monster!

KTD_Waddle_Dees_Snoozing.jpg

(Kirby thinking about how he's gonna murder these defenseless Waddle Dees)

EE_Grizzo.png

(Kirby, moments before bombing Waddle Dee and Grizzo ;_;)

tumblr_mihhxxTTeO1r8v8fxo1_500.gif

(why Kirby...why even eat somebody then throw away like that you selfish fat fucking bastard)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It's even worse in Kirby's Epic Yarn where enemies are completely harmless.

SerTapTap

Only Waddle Dee and Noddys, and even then, only a little.

Bandanna Waddle Dee in KSSU though. Breaks my heart. He's got a BANDANNA. You can't do this to me.

MrBadger

There's a stage in Triple Deluxe where you suck Waddle Dee's up through a tube, and before you eat them you get to watch them hold on for dear life, trying desperately not to accept their fate.

Also, final bosses usually end up ripped in half, with their eyeballs ripped out or killed once and re-killed as souls. Call it self defence, but Kirby is ruthless.

Not until Triple Deluxe came out.

Then I was eating guys that were trying to hold onto stuff to avoid a gruesome death.

When I saw that I felt bad for it. :(

No. There are tons of people that are willing to give up their body just to become a star.
Kirby is just giving them the easiest way to do so.

brinstar

in one of the earlier levels in Triple Deluxe when you get on a warp star Kirby just plows through a group of Waddle Dees that were just chillin

most of the enemies in Kirby are just standing around before you come in and kick the shit out of them

I've thought about that. But then.. I don't care. In an alternate universe people are playing a game where you take control of King Dedede to protect his Waddle Dees from the evil pink blob that is eating them all. D:

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Never really considered it, the enemies always seemed so braindead that if anything I was doing them a service pooping them out into air or spitting stars.

JSoup

Banned
There was one particular part in Kirby Triple Deluxe that made me think about the series as a whole. Kirby has to use that Supernova ability to inhale a bunch of crap through a pipe to move on and there is a Waddle Dee there, trying it's hardest to escape the amazing sucking power. This...this isn't some slap-shtick routine and he gets a pie to the face if he fails, if fucking dies. He's fighting for his life for crime of having been napping near a pipe and I have to kill him to move on, what the hell.

Not until Triple Deluxe came out.

Then I was eating guys that were trying to hold onto stuff to avoid a gruesome death.

When I saw that I felt bad for it. :(

There was one particular part in Kirby Triple Deluxe that made me think about the series as a whole. Kirby has to use that Supernova ability to inhale a bunch of crap through a pipe to move on and there is a Waddle Dee there, trying it's hardest to escape the amazing sucking power. This...this isn't some slap-shtick routine and he gets a pie to the face if he fails, if fucking dies. He's fighting for his life for crime of having been napping near a pipe and I have to kill him to move on, what the hell.

Ok cuz I was playing this game yesterday and that part was like, "Man Kirby is a bigger evil to this world than the bad guys! If he got kidnapped, the world would be much safer."

After playing through a number of Kirby games this year and having to deal with those few occasions with particular enemies set up as swiftly respawning buggers bum rushing me causing the one power up in my possession necessary for some surprisingly cryptic "puzzle" that I had to bring in from another stage to go bouncing off down into a hole I'm going to say no.
I relish every slamming suplex, every needle impalement and every burning blitz that strike them down, they choose to stand in the way of 100%.

Granted this isn't so much the case in Triple deluxe where there's much less of that and much more of Kirby's insatiable appetite ruining lives.

I want a fucking survival horror Kirby game where you play as a waddle dee trying to escape the ruthless Kirby's wrath. Those bastards deserve life.

Top Bottom