• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else here play Splitgate?

Super underrated FPS. It isn't just running and gunning brainlessly, you have to use portals in very creative ways to maintain dominance on the battlefield. Kind of sucks it aint as active as it used to be as the devs stopped supporting it to work on their next production.

Edit: If you want to organise splitgate sessions lmk

Last edited:
I've played it on and off over the last couple of years.

It's USP does offer something innovative which adds a layer of complexity, it's just rare to see most players utilise it in any meaningful way.

Ranked takedown is active(no bots) but that's about it unfortunately. But I would still heavily reccomend sticking at it even if its just that one game mode. Its very fun once you get proficient with the portal mechanics.
I wanted to like it, but due to the low player count I stopped playing.

Super underrated FPS. It isn't just running and gunning brainlessly, you have to use portals in very creative ways to maintain dominance on the battlefield. Kind of sucks it aint as active as it used to be as the devs stopped supporting it to work on their next production.

I was in early on this as a lot of halo community were talking about this. I played it a bit. It was fun but the portals were gimmicky and the mechanics never quite felt good enough for me. Better than most mp titles though tbf to it.

I've played it on and off over the last couple of years.

It's USP does offer something innovative which adds a layer of complexity, it's just rare to see most players utilise it in any meaningful way.
I'd say Gold/Platinum and above is when players start getting creative with them and constantly using them on the fly, below that players tend to only use it as an escape route.

I was in early on this as a lot of halo community were talking about this. I played it a bit. It was fun but the portals were gimmicky and the mechanics never quite felt good enough for me. Better than most mp titles though tbf to it.
It stops feeling gimmicky later on and more like a natural extension of your toolkit. You use it without even thinking for pretty much everything. But I understand where you're coming from.

I played it for 300 hours, got all the achievements including the win 1047 matches one. I really enjoyed it back when it was populated. It was one of the few free to play shooters that supported my region with local servers (Australia) but eventually players were replaced with bots and it was no longer viable to play.

Top Bottom