• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else kinda sad that new Nvidia GPU are much more powerful than PS5/XsX?

Klik

Well up until now i thought PS5 has monster specs with its 10tf GPU. Seeing how rtx 3080 has 30tf its kinda insane.Honestly i didnt even thought we'll break 20tf barrier in next 2 years.Even rtx 3070 with 20tf is a monster.

Yeah i know it costs 700$ and building a gaming pc with 8c/16t cpu,Rtx 3080 gpu and ssd would cost about 1500€ but feel a bit sad that PS5 gpu is already now kinda low mid range compared to new gpu's.

I guess i just wanted at least 1 year where consoles are actually on par with high end gaming pc's.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
tenor.gif

Well up until now i thought PS5 has monster specs with its 10tf GPU. Seeing how rtx 3080 has 30tf its kinda insane.Honestly i didnt even thought we'll break 20tf barrier in next 2 years.Even rtx 3070 with 20tf is a monster.

Yeah i know it costs 700$ and building a gaming pc with 8c/16t cpu,Rtx 3080 gpu and ssd would cost about 1500€ but feel a bit sad that PS5 gpu is already now kinda low mid range compared to new gpu's.

I guess i just wanted at least 1 year where consoles are actually on par with high end gaming pc's.

Don't look at the big numbers. Wait for performance. The 3080 is 80% more performant than the 2080.

Bryank75

Banned
PlayStation still has all the advantages it was going to have before, great exclusives and massive deals for big 3rd party exclusives along with that SSD and enough power to give us raytracing, 60fps+ and better graphics.

There is more to gaming than a GPU, you also need the studios and investment and time to make the best games..... PC has maybe 2 studios that can make top level games, PlayStation has those and several more.

I think the GPU situation makes exclusives MORE important than ever and they should never go to PC, unless they want PlayStation to stop being as big as it is....

magaman

Banned
PlayStation still has all the advantages it was going to have before, great exclusives and massive deals for big 3rd party exclusives along with that SSD and enough power to give us raytracing, 60fps+ and better graphics.

There is more to gaming than a GPU, you also need the studios and investment and time to make the best games..... PC has maybe 2 studios that can make top level games, PlayStation has those and several more.

I think the GPU situation makes exclusives MORE important than ever and they should never go to PC, unless they want PlayStation to stop being as big as it is....

This post is piss. You have legitimately no idea what you're talking about.

GHG

Not like this Bryan. You're a good guy.

Stop being a pussy and build a PC to go alongside your PS5.

martino

4digdy.jpg

JLB

Banned
Of course next gen consoles are shit compared to Ampere lineup. And the differences will probably be even more noticeable due to dlss.
Having said that, PS5 / Series X will be a ~usd500 full package price. A PC for this beast will be well beyond 2K.
If you have the money, it it will provide an orders of magnitude better experience.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
i didnt even thought we'll break 20tf barrier in next 2 years.

People have been overclocking 2080TI's to come pretty close to "20TF"* since they came out 2 years ago.. and you thought it would take another 2 years for anyone to break 20TF on PC?

You have odd expectations.

* Note: games don't actually get 20TF, it's theoretical..

Bryank75

Banned
This post is piss. You have legitimately no idea what you're talking about.
You legitimately sound like the skin between someones balls and cock.

If you're going to be a condescending dickhead, I'd like an actual argument to back it up...
of course you have none cause youre all bark and no bite.

GPU is one piece of a bigger picture and a huge amount of the potential of what a game can be depends on those other various factors.

Last edited:

PS4 was worst compared to the cards of 2013.
7 years later The last of us part 2 will be voted as the best looking game of the year. A ps4 only game, not long before putting the console itself in the grave.

Why being sad?

Last edited:

lukilladog

The 780ti already was 3 times more powerful than the ps4, similar ratio between the 3080 and ps5... yet PC gamers struggled to run the most visually powerful console games until the end of the console gen, rtx 2xx series and all.

Consoles will do their thing as always, and PC hardware eventually will start to choke with ports within the same console generation, as always.

good side its powerful and well new...i think

but bigger bad side of it its cost everything...what is that?

your money and electricity bill

anothertech

Consoles will have their place. It hasn't been the power crown for decades tho.

Closed system environment means first party games will still blow minds and PC will be picking up the crumbs as always.

The kicker here tho will absolutely be price.

I can't imagine how SeX will be received with a $600 price point or anywhere close. Let alone ps5.

$399 price point for a ps5 digital seems imminent.

Top Bottom