• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone experienced PS4 graphical glitches?

Deadstar

Has anyone experienced any graphical glitches in ps4 games where certain textures will flicker showing black diagonal lines throughout the entire texture? This is different from the weird checker box looking graphics glitches I've seen online. It just looks like some slanted black lines and a chain link fence pattern everywhere. It seems to be contained to one texture. It usually doesn't spill out to more than one or take up a large amount of the screen.

I first saw this problem in Outlast and thought it was just a bad port job. The ground in the first lobby area of the game would flicker every time I looked at it. Moving the camera around would cause the texture to pop in correctly but it would still flicker if I kept looking at it at different angles.

I have been playing a ton of infamous and was really surprised when I saw it once again in another game, on the billboard after you clear a district. I've started to see it in other places in the game as well. I've played maybe 8 hours or so and have only seen the glitches in Infamous maybe eight times total so it's not a huge deal but they are still there. I am wondering if my ps4 is dying or if this is just something that ps4 games have every once in a while.

When I play the fans are also going pretty loud and I've heard people say their ps4 is silent so maybe there's something wrong here. Wanted to see if anyone here had these issues so I can decide whether I need to call Sony.

Here are two screenshots.

r3mb.jpg
z7bl.jpg

Atlas157

Nope. I've played inFamous, Killzone, Battlefield 4, Tomb Raider, and CoD Ghosts with no graphical glitches.

You might want to call Sony.

None so far. PS4 is running optimally.

There was one point in inFamous where my heart nearly took a dive when (only people who have played and have gone to Seattle open the spoiler):

The starting point before discovering the first hoverbot with shard, few of the cars had those swords with glitchy type emanating from them, I though that was a graphical glitch.

Nope. I've played inFamous, Killzone, Battlefield 4, Tomb Raider, and CoD Ghosts with no graphical glitches.

You might want to call Sony.

i noticed it in the opening scene in killzone shadow fall(on the plane), but never saw it again through the entire game. never saw anything like it in AC4, knack, COD and MGS5: ground zeros. it must be some kind of a software issue, try deleting the game and reinstalling if it didn't work try a full software wipe/hard drive from safe mode.

Renekton

Not for me so far... probably because I keep the PS4 cool with air conditioning or table fan.

Killzone, MGS:GZ and Infamous:SS

Ive only seen some glitches during the intro of Tomb Raider, where they show the codecs and the game engine, it kind of flickers.

None so far. PS4 is running optimally.

There was one point in inFamous where my heart nearly took a dive when (only people who have played and have gone to Seattle open the spoiler):

The starting point before discovering the first hoverbot with shard, few of the cars had those swords with glitchy type emanating from them, I though that was a graphical glitch.

Hahaha thats funny, I thought the same exact thing. I literally said oh shit when that came up.

where are the pics OP?

edit: ok, that's really different from what i saw on mine. i saw black triangles flickering on the textures, nothing like that. i remember someone posting similar problem on battlefield 4 and AC4, but not to this extreme.

Deadstar

Yeah, in the share video these only popped up for a half second so it was hard to capture them but it's definitely noticeable in game. Still not sure if this is a normal occurrence or if I need a new ps4.

Yeah, in the share video these only popped up for a half second so it was hard to capture them but it's definitely noticeable in game. Still not sure if this is a normal occurrence or if I need a new ps4.

Why don't you try a full system wipe before considering sending it to sony? Be warned that it will delete everything in the system but its worth trying(backup your save files to the cloud).

Edit: do you have thermometer to measure the exhaust vent air temp? It might tell us if you system is having difficulty cooling.

Atlas157

It looks like the GPU is failing. This was happening to my old Radeon 5770 before it died.

I recommend calling Sony.

Lucifon

My PS4 is a loud one (I think they all are, it's just certain room conditions) but I've never seen anything like in those shots. That almost looks like a texture missing bug rather than a graphical glitch caused by a GPU issue - although I could be wrong. If you're seeing issues in multiple games though I'd certainly give Sony a call, as annoying as it is.

kriskrosbbk

I had that only in Battlefield ,only on the spawn map for few particular maps.Not recently tho.
There was a thread regarding this,and the thread was quite big,think was more a BF issue than the PS4 .The same linked squares appeared in AC4 for some guy.
Really curious what are they.Some were saying GPU is about to die if you start getting these.So better close monitor your unit.

R_Deckard

Must say after playing Infamous,BF4,Killzone, MGS, Outlast, Resogun etc etc I have had none what so ever.

This may be a GPU fault incoming so I would ring Sony.

Persona7

Banned
I would get it replaced.

However, when I played Infamous I did notice issues with textures not loading through world streaming. Maybe a LOD bug.

bes.gen

speaking from pc experience those were sure tell signs of a struggling GPU
(sometimes failing, sometimes aggressively overclocked)

haven't seen something like that on ps4
so better call sony.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Only 'glitch' I've seen is in BF4 rouge transmission map is it'll take a sec to load HD graphics (plants trees etc) if I jump straight on a quad as passenger at start of map.

Top Bottom