• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone feel differently about their Switch Pre-Order weeks later?

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah, I am only worried because Nintendo does some weird stuff some time. And yeah, it isnt like I grabbed it off the back of a truck or anything, I just happened to get lucky because unnamed store decided to ship early for whatever reason.

You didn't sign any NDA so it should be fine to SHOW US AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE RIGHT NOW. At least until Nintendo calls you and tells you to stop please.

Yeah, I am only worried because Nintendo does some weird stuff some time. And yeah, it isnt like I grabbed it off the back of a truck or anything, I just happened to get lucky because unnamed store decided to ship early for whatever reason.

Better off I guess, but thanks for posting videos. Please upload screens of everything.
Nothing on relying on someone who got it early to find out all the deets about the OS and how things work

Spy

You can't get in trouble because a store sold you a console early. Perhaps you could PM the video to someone on GAF who could then upload it for you if you are feeling cautious?

OCD Guy

What country was the switch sold early? And was it a naïve sales assistant or just a contact?

If it's in London I'd actually travel there to try my luck lol

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Man, just create an anonymous YouTube account and upload that shit! Or do we think Nintendo would instantly nuke it?

Just don't tell them what store, regardless of who comes asking. You did nothing wrong here.

EDIT: If you want to post a video or impressions do it anonymously, or maybe have someone else in another country post the video for you so your country can't even be traced.

AAMARMO

Banned

Some Top Tips:

• Dont Go Online
  • Sell it on Ebay for triple the price
  • Leak UI

JJH

I canceled my pre-order from Amazon a week after the pre-orders went up. Having a Wii U there's nothing enticing until this Holiday with SMO. I've been burned too many times by Nintendo hardware at launch and the droughts that comes with them. I'll have plenty of games to play until there are more games available for the Switch.

Yeah I feel differently ...
I ordered the grey one after that I wanted to have the neon one ...
ordered the neon but now I want to have the grey one again WHY CAN'T I DECIDE

Kouriozan

I wonder if Nintendo is going to ban people for connecting to the eShop before the release date, just like with Pokémon Sun/Moon
Joking of course :p

I wonder how many others have gotten it.

eXistor

I was always gonna buy it day 1 it being a new Nintendo system and all. That said, there's literally nothing that interests me outside of Zelda. It's the worst launch-line-up I've seen in a long time, but Zelda honestly makes it alright. It's the definition of a system seller to me. And I have a WiiU that I still use regularly (I'm a fan actually), so it's not like I have to get a Switch to play the game. I have a good feeling overall about the Switch though. I trust Nintendo to deliver quality games over the coming years like they did with WiiU (hopefully moreso) so I'm pretty confident in my purchase.

I've acknowledged it's probably a bad decision, but I feel committed to it - and have found enough indie stuff hitting the device around launch to feel sufficiently hype.

Only wish is that Puyo Puyo Tetris was hitting on launch day. That'd be a good reason to bust the thing out on a daily basis.

Anteo

I dont need the switch yet...

scar654

Neo Member
Who else is spamming F5?
pyFY72V.gif

OmegaFax

People got PS4 Slim units from UK retailers early even before the system was announced. I don't think Sony went on any official take-down rampage over it.

The system is literally two weeks out and Nintendo hasn't said a damn word about anything other than the system itself, the games, that season pass for Zelda ... and welp *crickets*

Folks that got it early ... enjoy it. I mean, no games. You'll have two weeks ahead of the rest of us to get that click/snap novelty out of your system.

Top Bottom