• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone feel differently about their Switch Pre-Order weeks later?

Waji

Nice, thank you for that video !
Dark theme looks like the way to go.
Just like on GAF.
giphy.gif

p3n

Fuck. The rumors about the screen being bad and not suited for daylight outdoor play are confirmed then. I guess I'll stick to my plan to use it as a home console exclusively. UI looks like a vast improvement over the WiiU. Thanks for sharing! (Pre-order
not cancelled
)

Soooo, what are the available languages you can choose for the system?

I want to see if the theory that Nintendo is only building one Switch model for all regions is true. :p

jacobeid

Banned
I'm actually feeling a lot better about my preorder the closer we get to launch, but I really wish we'd get info about whether or not Nintendo plans to introduce a L joycon with a real d-pad. I know that there's no chance in hell that they would announce it but honestly the lack of a d-pad is really killing my vibe. That's about it though.

Xdrive05

Hip-hop, you can simultaneously start and put out a million internet fires by getting the details of the internal components; pictures, chipworks, etc. Feel the power consume you!

UNLIMITED POWER!

they banned the legit people who played Pokemon Sun and Moon online before release
yes they can ban the console.

Haven't heard of this. Permaban or until launch?

Is that a risk you'd be willing to take if it was yours? I know I wouldn't.

Actually, now that he's posted video... I wouldn't put it past them to ban it in order to prevent video of the eshop or any games releasing early. I seriously doubt they'd ban it if he never posted video though.

AGoodODST

Oh, can you post a picture of the Joy Cons in the grip in your hands? I wanna get a good feel for the size. Place a thumb over one of the ABXY buttons or something.

Eolz

That sounds like a PR disaster in the making. It's not the customer's fault he was shipped a console early.

This. They will probably just take measures to lock updates until day 1 or something like that.
And hope that he doesn't get a game soon.

shiyrley

Banned
I will not apologise about spoilers of an UI because that's not a concept that exists, but I'm gonna put spoiler tags because some people, somehow, feel it's necessary lol

No Activity Log after all, by the looks of it. I guess it will be in Parental Controls if it's in at all, which is unfortunate; you'd think the system would track that kind of thing internally when offline.

The introductory tutorial experience looks great: simple and effective at reminding new users of all three usage modes. Also, it looks as though overscan correction is in (screen size adjustment), which is good news as the Wii U took forever to patch that into the system.

Also important is that it can be configured from the start as a portable-only unit, which I think was not the case with the Wii U—you required a TV for setup even if you intended to use the GamePad only.

I just canceled my pre order. I was excited about having a new Nintendo console then I thought to myself it wasn't worth it. I just but Zelda on Wii U. I'm not paying 300. I'll wait a year or so.

Top Bottom