• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone feel differently about their Switch Pre-Order weeks later?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
No Activity Log after all, by the looks of it. I guess it will be in Parental Controls if it's in at all, which is unfortunate; you'd think the system would track that kind of thing internally when offline.

The introductory tutorial experience looks great: simple and effective at reminding new users of all three usage modes. Also, it looks as though overscan correction is in (screen size adjustment), which is good news as the Wii U took forever to patch that into the system.

To early to tell - a day 1 update is pretty a given and could add some other apps like activity log.

Oh No.
C40LItEWMAEPazm.jpg

Yep. I was curious how much actual space would be left after system/OS stuff. 25GB is barely enough storage on my phone, let alone a dedicated game console.

Looks like I'll be getting a 200GB Micro SDXC at launch.

MrBigBoy

Fair enough. I find the only way to avoid anything like that is just have a blackout from anything remotely related to what you're trying to avoid.
That's what I try to do. But suddenly this thread took a turn and it's not about pre-orders anymore.

But hey, it's what I love about gaf.

KHlover

Banned
Yep. Just solidified my decision to get a 200GB Micro SDXC at launch. I was curious how much actual space would be left after system/OS stuff. 25GB is barely enough storage on my phone, let alone a dedicated game machine.
I got an 128GB micro SDXC for 20€ on amazon.de this week. Won't be shipped until April, but for such a steal the wait is worth it :D

Xdrive05

So does this mean whoever else ordered via the same retailer may also get theirs any time?

We could potentially have lots of Switches in the wild!

To early to tell - a day 1 update is pretty a given and could add some other apps like activity log.

Agreed. That data surely has to be tracked on the device in order to work with an external app regardless, so perhaps play data will be stored regardless before a post-launch Activity Log makes it accessible to the user.

Scoobie

Yep. I was curious how much actual space would be left after system/OS stuff. 25GB is barely enough storage on my phone, let alone a dedicated game console.

Looks like I'll be getting a 200GB Micro SDXC at launch.

Surely most games just run off the cart though?

I agree it's rubbish if you're planning to go mainly digital though...

Not really. I think Nintendo sucks as a company, are creatively dead, and the system is going to burn and fail, but I love good Zelda games, so I pre-ordered one. I also pre-ordered one for my son, who loves Smash.

I hope Nintendo proves me wrong, but nothing they've shown so far (outside of the safest franchise bets) is encouraging in the slightest.

Not really. I think Nintendo sucks as a company, are creatively dead, and the system is going to burn and fail, but I love good Zelda games, so I pre-ordered one. I also pre-ordered one for my son, who loves Smash.

I hope Nintendo proves me wrong, but nothing they've shown so far (outside of the safest franchise bets) is encouraging in the slightest.

It's really funny reading replies to the OP now, people who didn't notice what this thread turned into.

I thiiiink you might have missed the zeitgeist here...

Don't agree with your opinion, but nice monty python reference in your name :)

So questions remains what country and which retailer messed up. Respect him for not giving much info. If I was him I'd sell off demo videos to media outlets then sell it off online or to a media outlet.

Media outlets already have theirs. IGN is posting pics right now.

I gone from initial hype after seeing the press conference and learning about HD rumble, the motion sensor thing, and games like Xenoblade 2, ARMS, SMT, and others, to disappointment after realizing that many of those games are months or years off, to acceptance that I really want to play Zelda and ARMS so I may as well keep my preorder.

Parental Controls: "Parental Controls can be used to restrict features of this console. Configure these on the console or using your smart device."

Looks like they can be managed without the Bowser app, which gives me some hope that play-time logging is in fact in (the video didn't guide us into Parental Controls settings).

Sleep Mode: "Suspend Auto-Sleep While Playing Media Content: Prevents auto-sleep from activating while media content is playing. If this option is disabled, the console will still go to sleep after four hours of media playback."

Now that's interesting, given that we've been told we're not receiving a Netflix app at launch. The only media content we know to expect at this point are eShop preview videos and the future video-recording feature in the Capture button, neither of which are likely to push the four-hour limit. So it looks like the sleep-mode features in the OS have been built in advance of future Netflix or Twitch integration.

I'm still interested in mine quite a bit. Going to be the last gaming hardware I buy for a long time. Hoping software holes get filled. Maybe polremon this year and something else. Hyped for zelda though. Lots of stuff I want all in a short burst between persona and nier and switch/zelda so I'll be able to take my time with it before freaking out about games.

Also am fine with my neon preorder but still kinda want grey but all same shit in the end.

Slight 2nd thoughts,

Im rubbish at zelda and I already have a wiiu, and zero N friends.

Basically a void till Kart repeat, fingers crossed for ARMS and splatoon. My faith is strong and in N i trust.

ryan299

I'm very conflicted. Lost all interest after their conference but got a preorder. Now trying to figure out if I'll be able to sell it for a bit of profit.

It's really funny reading replies to the OP now, people who didn't notice what this thread turned into.

I'll page through to figure it out... now I'm intrigued. EDIT: Somebody got one and showed off the UI? If that's it, then I'm still more interested in the original question of the thread. That looks like a Nintendo UI. Regardless, if I get a good Zelda game, then it will all be worth it.

Don't agree with your opinion, but nice monty python reference in your name :)

Its increasingly rare that somebody notices it, so thanks.

iMax

Thank, god.

Hated the Wii U's washed out colors because of Limited RGB being the only range it can output

Sounds like you didn't calibrate your TV properly. No discernible difference between 0-255 and 16-235 signals as TVs will interpret and output accordingly.

Lgndryhr

Media outlets already have theirs. IGN is posting pics right now.

Brian Altano confirmed that that is just Nintendo being there to show it to them, they don't get to keep it

^ This. I missed this bit of info myself in the other thread. So this could generate some early revenue. Just don't let it turn into the iPhone 4 gizmodo leak fiasco.
Also, I bet only certain media outlets will get early copies of the hardware and games. So for those that don't, having one could help them generate quite a bit of revenue from traffic I would think.

My hype was obliterated by the conference, was planning to pre-order that night but now I have zero interest. Same old Nintendo, not making the mistake of trusting them again.

I'll play BotW on my PS5.

Top Bottom