• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone found good bargains on eBAY through misspelled listing names?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Well that site failed at my first try of Galactic Battlegrounds on Aussie ebay.

There's at least one listing of galatic battlegrounds

Next

Yeah, I haven't tested any. Just google "ebay misspellings" and there's a bunch.

More than once I kind of recall. Also got a few being in the wrong category. Good example is something buried in memorabilia or collectables. This is especially strong when a category search is required to get the item you're looking and even more if the item has tons of other listings to further hide.

Lastly there's the good old sniping auctions in the morning hours, very effective in the UK because there's not going to be much of anyone outside the one timezone.

DonJorginho

Banned
Does it count if someone lists the wrong product type?

One of my mates got an iPhone 8 as the seller listed it as a 5S, still jealous of him to this date for his luck!

Kupfer

I once bought a PlayStadion TV for 30€ complete in its original packaging. According to my 1 minute research right now it's about 70€-80€ today.

I once bought a PlayStadion TV for 30€ complete in its original packaging. According to my 1 minute research right now it's about 70€-80€ today.

Is this typo related? If not

giphy.gif

Top Bottom