• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone have a Fanatec CSL DD Pro?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So, I have a logitch G920 that's getting long in the tooth and I am just about to receive a new racing cockpit ahead of forza.

I looove gran turismo but do not have a playstation wheel and frankly, that is unacceptable.

Does anyone have a Fanatec CSL DD PRO 8NM and have they used it across Ps5, xbox and PC?
I'm so close to pulling the trigger but wouldn't mind some feedback before I lay down a grand on this bad boy.

Hit me with the feedback and thanks!

Last edited:

J3nga

I have had mine for a couple of weeks now.
CSL DD PRO 8NM with ClubSport Steering Wheel RS and clubsport V3 pedals. My cockpit is Playseat trophy, for the price you can go with 8020 aluminum rig but I need mobility so that's not an option for me. Played GT7 and ACC on PC, all worked great, however I couldn't make FH5 make work on PC. 8NM for this wheel(1.6kg with metal QR) does not feel like it's lacking any power. One of the issues that many have with it's base is the shaft that goes into the motor pops out, you read about more here: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussio...g-wheel-not-detected-due-to-base-shaft-loosen I modded it by replacing the one that goes with this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MMRD6KR/?tag=neogaf0e-20 or you can tighten original one real hard.I have not had any other wheel before that and this is my first rig so I cannot tell how it wheels coming from logitech G920 which has just some gears but I think it will be a huge jump for you. Also if you don't care about consoles you can look at other brands like simagic or moza.
B9dch37.jpg

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I have had mine for a couple of weeks now.
CSL DD PRO 8NM with ClubSport Steering Wheel RS and clubsport V3 pedals. My cockpit is Playseat trophy, for the price you can go with 8020 aluminum rig but I need mobility so that's not an option for me. Played GT7 and ACC on PC, all worked great, however I couldn't make FH5 make work on PC. 8NM for this wheel(1.6kg with metal QR) does not feel like it's lacking any power. One of the issues that many have with it's base is the shaft that goes into the motor pops out, you read about more here: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussio...g-wheel-not-detected-due-to-base-shaft-loosen I modded it by replacing the one that goes with this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MMRD6KR/?tag=neogaf0e-20 or you can tighten original one real hard.I have not had any other wheel before that and this is my first rig so I cannot tell how it wheels coming from logitech G920 which has just some gears but I think it will be a huge jump for you. Also if you don't care about consoles you can look at other brands like simagic or moza.
B9dch37.jpg

Thanks so much for the response. Gutting to hear about the issues as I am looking for a one stop solution for PS5, Xbox and PC. I'll read up on the issue you've mentioned. I actually looked at that playseat, it looks great, but i opted for a GT Omega Prime Lite instead in the end as I got one for cheap and couldn't refuse. I'll keep digging for info.

Have Fanatec not made an official response to this design flaw in the CSL DD? Seems to be quite widespread.

Last edited:

J3nga

GT Omega Prime Lite is a solid choice.
Have Fanatec not made an official response to this design flaw in the CSL DD? Seems to be quite widespread.
They haven't. They've been planning QR2 for years now and that shaft supposedly should be replaced but there haven't been any news for a while now.

RagnarokIV

Where do you guys keep these in the house and store them when not being used? Are they a permanent fixture of the house when not being used, or do they go into storage somewhere?

J3nga

Where do you guys keep these in the house and store them when not being used? Are they a permanent fixture of the house when not being used, or do they go into storage somewhere?
I have modded mine with 100 mm swivel castors so I can move it around the place easily, otherwise it was quite heavy picking it up and moving around the place.
9YL9VwP.jpg

Top Bottom