• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

anyone have screens of Raven Blade? (Retro's RPG)

neptunes

1.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

oops I thought they were hard to find

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Ninja Scooter said:
well they are like 4 years old.

Not four years old.

But yes, they are old. I just remember a lot of people spooging over it at the time, so it's kinda funny to look back. Though a few parts of it might still stand up well today (like I remember some shots with a fire monster as looking particularly good)

GDGF

Soothsayer
I thought Raven Blade looked like crap several years ago. Give me Car Combat. That looked kicky.

The pre-rendered (and not tiny as the shots posted here) Raven Blade stuff looked decent, but the little real-time footage seemed a far cry from matching up.

Most of the Ravenblade footage was CG but with what’s supposedly was GameCube capable poly counts and textures. There was a short real time clip released when word came that the game was cancelled. It looked awful- bad animation and empty.

You can find more info and screens about Raven Blade on IGN . I don't think their movies are up anymore.

Mashing

Yes, that looks very Ninja Gaiden like... very nice.

That is unfornately art, not actual ingame screenshots... I think

arter_2

i was really hoping for ravenblade to come out and i still do :( and the screens may not look good but it sure as hell looked amazing in motion 3 years ago

arter_2

actually raven balde would make a pretty sweet launch title. man retro is really paying off. i laugh in the face in all the people who doubted them in the beggining.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The impressive part is the lighting. The same stuff with different lighting could look really crappy.

Tritroid

Well they said at E3 that they're really ahead of schedule with MP2, and that all they have left is the final world plus adding in details.

Hopefully they can push out one more game before it's time to shelve GC and make room for Revolution. It would please me if they decided to revive Raven Blade instead of that Thunder racing title they also had in the works.

Jacobi

Banned
That lava boss reminds me of...Zelda's lava boss, well, Zelda's looked uglier
Here are real-time Car Combat pics
kippie1.jpg

kippie2.jpg

ge-man

That rock boss does kind of remind of the Ice boss in MP.

I'm not sure if Raven Blade will ever be revived. Wasn't it the pet project of the guy that ran Retro before Nintendo bought him out and made Retro a 1st party team? If it ever does come back on the plate, I hope they start from scratch with the art.

Hopefully Retro will be given a break on Metroid for awhile. I don't want to see a MP at launch. Shoot, I'm not sure if I want another Metroid for a couple years after the Revolution's launch date.

I don't know about you guys but the interior shots of the Raven Blade and the look of the main character totally scream Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

akascream

Banned
I was/am impressed by the lava monster, but the art direction of everything else is second rate, and the real time footage was especially dissapointing. But the way I look at it, Metroid Prime was pretty unimpressive both artistically and technically when Raven Blade was cancelled. So with the right motivation and design help from Nintendo, it could have been pretty good.

As much as I love Metroid, Nintendo needs to give the franchise a rest for a while. And I'd be very interested in seeing something else from Retro.

CrisKre

I think it looks awesome, still it shows it is an old project and looks alos somewhat barren of detail. I would love to see this projet resurface, and also, if they do, they need to redesign the main character.

jarrod

Banned
The Car Combat/Thunder Rally shot looks pretty good still... Retro should rework it for Revolution launch. It'd compliment EAD's Mario 128 and Factor 5' Pilotwings nicely. :)

Top Bottom