• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone like the old school Spiderman games?

UFC PRIDE

The old Spiderman: Maximum Carnage for SNES I thought was pretty fun. They should make one like that and put it on GB. I think they might have made others for SNES - cant remember though. That Capt. America one was cool too.

Brofist

I remember the old school Genesis one, damn good game at the time. Finished that thing like every day for a month.

RiZ III

Maximum Carnage was awsome. The Anxiety one was good too but the art was kind of ghetto. The really old one was good too.

Anyanka

Maximum Carnage was pretty good, but I thought the Sega arcade beat em up was superior.

Spider-Man & X-Men was cool but soooo hard. It was just impossible.

evil ways

Anyanka said:
I doubt I could beat some of those stages even with infinite lives.

Yeah, the Cyclops and Storm stages were super cheap and hard, even with Game Genie codes.

I liked the arcade game from Sega as well cause it had Venom and Doctor Doom, it was fun, too bad it never got ported into any console.

My favorite Spiderman games have to be the Genesis one V.S. Kingpin, and Spiderman for PSX. I wish Activision would release a comic book style Spiderman game, with classic villains in their comic book looks, none of that movie or redesigned outfits crap. Classic, oldschool Goblin with the pointy shoes, Sandman, Electro and even Punisher. Each level/stage could be based on a different comic book issue or feud.

Let's hear it for Revenge of the Sinister Six on NES! Cool game, although the controls were reversed like in MMAC for GameCube.

12.jpg

I own this one.. and don't even think it's that good! I mostly use the cabinet to play other Jamma PCBs - mostly 4-player beat-em-ups.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Maximum Carnage was the BOMB

When I got to be Venom i was like :eek: I swear the 4th spider-man movie MUST have Venom

Scorpion

Banned
Who else agree that Spiderman 1 and 2 for the ps1 (based on the comics) > Spiderman 1 and 2 on ps2 (based on the movies)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The best Spider-Man games from the past and current generation are the original PSX/DC/N64 game, and the recently-released Spider-Man 2. The second PSX Spidey game was pretty damn mediocre.

BobbyRobby said:
How is the 32X Spiderman game that's extremely rare?

As one should expect, it's pure crap. It's apparently "rare" though, so people want it anyway. :p

hobbitx

I loved the game based on the animated series. I had the snes version and my cousin had the genesis version, it's amazing how ports were back in the 16-bit days. Now it's just graphics quality and bugs that vary from console to console, but back then a port could damn near be an entirely different game.

I also loved the original 3d Spiderman titles, I had the DC version and loved it. Out of all the 3d titles based on comics, I'd have to say Spiderman was the best imo compared to how awful the other characters games turned out. The Punisher is looking worthy enough to challenge Spidey for the thrown though, well see.

Ar_

Old school?
THIS is old school :)

spiderman.gif
spiderman2.gif

I drooled over the reviews for this Atari 2600 game and its lush graphics, but never had the chance to play it.

Edit: do the pics show? They appeared on the post preview and initial submit,but dont anymore after refreshing the page.
Just in case, you can see them here: http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/2600/01/53.html

Top Bottom