• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone successfully use that 'watch FF10/X-2 FMV on your computer’ thing? DQ8 one..

Red Scarlet

I never tried the FF10/X-2 one, but there's a DQ8 uh..thing now that lets you play them on your computer, but I don't know how to get it to work.

The site is:

http://www.project-fao.org/

It still has the FF10 one, but there's a DQ8 one as well. I don't know if I have to use that PSS Player thing in conjunction or what..so if anyone that got the FF10 ones to work, any help?

Thanks!

Red Scarlet

Yeah, I'm wondering what it counts. It looks like it found 38...something. But I'm not sure how to get it to actually do anything.

Well, if you choose the first option and leave it alone..it looks like it goes through the .mvi files.

Raw64life

Yea. I just beat DQ8 a couple of hours ago and I don't recall any FMV period in the whole game. Maybe it's just the end credits 38 times? Or a bunch of cutscenes?

Dragon Quest 8 definately has FMV.. The intro credit sequence for example. All of the FMV uses ingame assets so they look like regular gameplay, but you'll see compression artifacts (blocks) when it's playing video..

Red Scarlet

Hmm it put those files on my desktop as .PSS files..but that PSS Player thing doesn't do a damn thing with them. slkfasdarsdas

Red Scarlet

The guy that recorded my animations said he'd make a Dancing Devil (red one doing the sultry? dance or whatever) animation and a Hero dancing one..haven't gotten them yet though.

I don't want them, but I remembered some people here did..I'll hook you up if that is what you wanted once I get them.

PSS Player doesn't do shit. :/

Raw64life

Haha yea. I was one of the people that asked about the Dancing Devil a while ago in the official DQ8 thread. Wouldn't care if it was a Tap Devil or Caped Caperer they're all the same thing pretty much.

Still no clue about the thing on that site. Seems like they have a forum though. Maybe someone proficient in Japspeak could go to their forum and ask about it?

maskrider

For FF X, the output files are .m2v, .wav and .ac3. (except the ending, which does not have an .ac3 file).

You can simply use Media Player Classic to play them, but you need to set the aspect ratio to 4:3 to play at the correct aspect ratio.

For DQ8 PSS files, run PSS Demux, drag the file to PSS Demux and 2 files will be created (.m2v and .wav), you can play it the same way.

Red Scarlet

What about the DQ8 ones? Don't really care about the FF10 ones atm... :)

Hmmm, getting closer...after using that DQ8tomov thing and it made those .PSS files on desktop, that PSS_demux thing converted it into a pcm file and a video type file that tries to play in Winamp 5 (gross) but the video is motionless.

maskrider

Red Scarlet said:

You replied before my edit, ha ha !

The ones with _W are wide screen, set aspect ratio to 16:9 to play them correctly.

Danj

While we're on the topic of extracting things from games, does anyone know if it's possible to extract models from Xenosaga and make use of them (like with the Garry's Mod/DOA thing a while ago)?

Red Scarlet

j11.png

Woooo.

That site has Xenosaga 2..don't see 1.

Red Scarlet

Apparently, they only work with the Japense versions of the games. I couldn't get it to work with the US DQ8 (some error thing would come up), so the other games may be like that too.

I *do* have the JP version of FF10 (international) and X-2 though, but I doubt many people without capture cards probably want many things from either of those games.

Link1110

I just rented Grandia 3 US and tried the movie ripper with the US version. No good. How do these things tell if its the right disc, maybe theres a way to fool it.

Red Scarlet said:

Hmmm, getting closer...after using that DQ8tomov thing and it made those .PSS files on desktop, that PSS_demux thing converted it into a pcm file and a video type file that tries to play in Winamp 5 (gross) but the video is motionless.

What exactly did you do to get the DG8tomov to work?
Are you using the US version of DQ8?

Every time I try it I get nothing.
I did some reading and the MVI files on the DQ8 disk are either an old form of Mpeg or they are some type of AutoCad file.

Link1110

What exactly did you do to get the DG8tomov to work?
Are you using the US version of DQ8?

Most likely the japanese version. The Grandia 3 one works fine on the japanese version, but not the US version.

I've tried many programs to get the Grandia 3 fmvs to play, is there any other one that works. The closest I've gotten is in DkZ Studio where it can play the video but not the audio. Cube Media Player doesn't work (Though for those of you trying to play dq8 fmvs, theres a plugin for that for dq8.)

Red Scarlet

I couldn't get it to work with the US version of DQ8, only the Japanese version.

I just now looked back there, and they have an FF12 movie ripper thing..new av time!

Diablos

maskrider said:
For DQ8 PSS files, run PSS Demux, drag the file to PSS Demux and 2 files will be created (.m2v and .wav), you can play it the same way.
I downloaded DQ8tomov and PSS Demux today, tried using them, no luck. So I searched for a thread like this, thankfully you guys have used these progs before.

This does not work. Every time I drag and drop the MVI file into PSS Demux 1.05, it says "not a pss file." And as for DQ8tomov I have no idea what it says. I have the US version of DQ8 of course. Has anyone had luck or know of another way?

Also, I ripped FFX m2v's and wav's, and I'm trying to multiplex them with bbmpeg. It will create the mpeg but the audio isn't there, no matter what I do!

Top Bottom