• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone tried the Costanza experiment?

*Nightwing

I'd caution against it. Just in theory George did it becouse he realized every decision he was making was giving him the opposite reaction that he desired, and speaking in a purely academic capacity Cunth Cunth is a sexy beast who can do no wrong in the first place. If you do the opposite of your natural reaction you will become Papa Papa and we need you to be you in order to keep the balance in tact down under. Wildfires ragged across Straylia last time the balance went all out of whack and you left us alone with him is alls im saying.

cGaJTW9.jpg

Doom85

In the extras on the DVD set, Jerry Seinfeld and Jason Alexander said that actually they did hear quite a few people tried doing this after the episode first aired and that it did work out well for quite a few of them.

Nymphae

Banned
It was fairly absurd, I can see this working in some instances (junkies could maybe benefit from this approach), but telling an attractive woman at the bar that you're unemployed and live with your parents, especially when presenting as George Costanza, is not going to work.

O-N-E

It was fairly absurd, I can see this working in some instances (junkies could maybe benefit from this approach), but telling an attractive woman at the bar that you're unemployed and live with your parents, especially when presenting as George Costanza, is not going to work.

You can't predict what will work on women.

Some women go specifically for jobless ambitionless men, because it feeds into a dynamic they like.

Everyone's got a thing.

Nymphae

Banned
You can't predict what will work on women.

lol sometimes you can, that woman was not going to go for George spouting those lines outside of a TV script. You'd have to be gorgeous and the line would have to be a joke, not an obvious statement of fact.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
the confidence he had to go up to her and tell her is what turned her on. it's the difference between just being another guy sitting at a table who does nothing vs going up and confronting her. he was not too ashamed of himself to share his life with her. confidence is key.

when you say "it isn't going to work" then yeah no shit it won't work, because you already decided it won't, you have failed by default.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
lol ok Casanovas lets see you pull that one off looking like you just walked off the unemployment line. It was a TV show.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
And by that I mean from Seinfeld season 5, episode 22 when George decides to do the opposite of what he would normally do, to great success. I think I'm gonna try this shit. Peace and love to everyone here! Happy thoughts.
Golly, that's such a brilliant strategy! I'm going to try this in addition to singing hymns and praises in tribute to your large penis!

Super Mario

Banned
I seriously have a friend who I told to follow this method within the past month or so. Every instinct he has is wrong, so the opposite must be right. You can't really deny that science.

GymWolf

please make a video when you are gonna shush 2 big loudy boys on some cinema theater, i wanna see the outcome...

Last edited:
Top Bottom