• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone use the LG 27 inch 240Hz OLED?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I just bought the 27 inch 240Hz OLED from a friend for $400. I was eyeing a 360Hz but at that price it was too good to pass up.

I’ve noticed it has pretty bad flicker when GSync is enabled in low black scenes. Resident Evil 2 has it pretty bad.

Ive done plenty of gaming on my C1 OLED and while it has some minor flicker, it’s nowhere near as bad. Has anyone else who owns the 27ibch OLED noticed? Fixed it? Etc.

I should try reinstalling the nvidia drivers as I also get some weird dropouts that I wasn’t getting before.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
From my limited knowledge, I don't think GPU drivers are going to make a difference. The flicker is a gamma issue that lies solely with the monitor.

Luipadre

I do. You cant fix it, its the OLED tech. All OLED monitors will have the same issue. Some games are worst and in some you cant even notice. Turn it off if it bothers you that much, thats the only fix

Last edited:

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Doesn't LCD do it as well? This can't just be an OLED thing.

But l sometimes see it on my LG G3 in TLOU2 remastered (quality unlocked), it's the first-time l saw it in a game supporting VRR and luckily it's occasional. You can tweak some black level settings on the G3 but it won't fix it entirely just reduce it a bit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom