• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP Poll: Trump at 67% approval with Republicans

As someone who is against violence 90% of the time. After all this, it's that high...

Someone needs to start work on that second civil war.

Lo-Volt

This was in the 80s not that long ago, wasn’t it? If the party is receding this much in Trump’s first year in office, how are they going to stand together in 2020, if that? For a president’s party, that’s actually a pretty bad reading.

Way too high, but this is the first time I've seen his Republican approval rating below 70% which is new to me. Another fifteen percent or so and Republicans will be looking at apocalyptic midterms.

Keep going, Donald

cornerman

I keep thinking this...Whether his approval dips or rises, Americans won't be rid of Trump til he's jailed or dies. I can't imagine him going off into the sunset after his term ends (normally or by impeachment). I for see a future where he is always tweeting, with news media that will always be willing to share it. Republicans will always have him on their backs. 2018 and 2020 will be referendums on Trump and they won't be able to bad mouth him without a tweet in retaliation. He's baggage until you rip the phone from his hands...dead or jailed ones.

Lombax

Banned
Damn. That's insanely low. These stats are even worse from the same page.

chart2.png

Yeah. This is what I'm wondering about.

Holy shit.

Apathy

67% of Republicans hate poor people, minorities, and basic human decency?

I wa shock.

Funny thing is that part of that 67% is poor themselves. Wait wait they call it being in an economic slump when it is them but if it's a minority they call them lazy. That's right.

Instro

His numbers with Republicans are probably higher, or should be higher, given the current economic climate. Many of then will waiver should he go to war, or if the economy turns again. Either way these are certainly low numbers, although we all wish they were much much lower. The congressional approval rates have me hopeful that Republicans won't turn out in 2018.

Sunster

Congressional approval remains even lower. Eighteen percent of Americans say they approve of the way Congress has been handling its job and 81 percent disapprove, including 51 percent who say they strongly disapprove.

and yet we keep sending the same exact people back there.

Iolo

Uh yeah lol that's a gigantic outlier. Actual approval is probably closer to 38-40%.

He had a poll show 32% back in April as well when his average was at 42%.

zashga

Republicans have no standards. I honestly can't believe how high that number is. What could Trump possibly do to lose these people?

sflufan

Banned
Uh yeah lol that's a gigantic outlier. Actual approval is probably closer to 38-40%.

He had a poll show 32% back in April as well when his average was at 42%.

I think you're a bit confused. This poll indicates that his standing among all political affiliations is at 32% with his standing among self-identified Republicans at 67%.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
and yet we keep sending the same exact people back there.
“It’s not my representative that’s to blame, it’s all the other cronies” is literally what people think and why it doesn’t change. Also, lack of viable competition or choice.

FStubbs

Way too high, but this is the first time I've seen his Republican approval rating below 70% which is new to me. Another fifteen percent or so and Republicans will be looking at apocalyptic midterms.

Keep going, Donald

Gerrymandering + Democrats having abysmal ratings as well = not necessarily

Keep going, Donald

Trump supporters eager to ‘drain the swamp’ help fill Republican Party coffers

Gwynne Abrams, an unemployed nanny in Henderson, Nev., who gave $78 to the joint committee, said that Trump has been “under attack” from his own party. She plans to vote for the GOP challenger taking on incumbent Sen. Dean Heller (R) in her state next year.

“I’m not giving to the Republican Party, really,” said Abrams, 56, adding that the party has “done nothing since they’ve been in control of the Senate and House.”

“I think our politicians are being bought off, except for Mr. Trump,” she added.
[...]
More money for the RNC is flowing through the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, which had pulled in $14.4 million as of June 30, including $11 million in donations of $200 and less, filings show.

If there's any drop, it's only because he still hasn't started building that waĺl yet.

“I want to show every Republican Senator a list of American voters that will NOT be happy if the wall isn’t built,” read a message the committee sent out in Trump’s name in August, referring to his plan to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Xe4

Banned
That is super low for a 1st year president. So low, and in comparison to other polls I would be shocked if it wasn't an outlier. And if it isn't, it's because he hasn't gotten healthcare reform or tax reform passed yet.

I'm hoping this is a trend though. The less people like Trump the better.

49% Republicans say he's honest. Fucker literally said it was sunny when it was raining. Like how much are you not paying attention?

I imagine they buy the ‘multiple interpretations’ narrative that conservative media obsesses over. Or the Kellyanne Conway classic “If Trump believes it, then it’s not a lie.” Or her “alternative facts.” Or, of course, Trump’s “fake news” claims.

There are so many excuses to pick from.

His disapproval is clearly trending upward.

So not a lot of minds changing on those who approved of him, but that gap in the middle of people who said "I'll give him a chance" or "I don't want to talk about politics" is quickly funneling into the disapproval camp. This is important. These people decide elections.

Don't forget that a lot disapprove of him because he's not as shitty as he promised to be.

No border wall
No Obamacare repeal
No tax cuts

MIMIC

Banned
Proud to say that I know a "former" Trump supporter.

The NFL controversy was the final nail in the coffin.

I didn't question it. I just said OK. lol

Don't forget that a lot disapprove of him because he's not as shitty as he promised to be.

No border wall
No Obamacare repeal
No tax cuts

No ISIS defeat.
No Muslim ban.
No Hillary special prosecutor.
No bringing the country together.

I wish people would quit parroting this. We really have no idea if this is true or not.

If what is true? His favor dropping because he hasn’t achieved his campaign pledges? I think that is pretty self explanatory.

Top Bottom